DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Novak Djokovic
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 12:06

After initially getting an medical exemption so he could play at the Australian Open without being vaccinated it now appears, after public outcry in Australia, that his fame and money won`t be grant him any special privileges. Or am I being too harsh and maybe he really does have a medical condition that precludes him from being jagged?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Novak Djokovic
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 12:16

The medical condition is his ego!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 12:38

He really is a fud, msn news;

“Winner of last year`s Open, Djokovic has made anti-vaccine comments in the past.

"Personally I’m opposed to vaccination and I wouldn’t want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel," he admitted.

"I know some people that, through energetic transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they managed to turn the most toxic food, or maybe most polluted water into the most healing water."

"Scientists have proven that in (an) experiment, that molecules in the water react to our emotions to what has been said."

It is worth noting that this is not true.”

I loved the last line 😅

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 13:09

See when I fly to Spain

I`ll explain to them I didn`t agree with Brexit and technically I am still an EU citizen so let me in through the EU lane.

Also as I am still an EU citizen please let me have your healthcare.

🙈

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 14:52

I`m pretty sure that his medical exemption will be that he has was recently infected and therefore unable to be vaccinated before the tournament.

If that is the case then the problem lies solely with the Australian authorities. They need to be consistent and apply the same rules to the general public.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 15:38

He`s a terrible person
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 16:55

He has arrived in Australia but has been denied entry because he has the wrong visa. The plot thickens...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 17:11

Good. Hope they send him back. I hate the rich and famous getting special treatment.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 19:04

It just amazes me how naive some people are. How could this outrage not have been forseen by anyone involved. He won`t get away with it. He will have to publicly say why he is exempt or he will withdraw.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 21:51

Sent home. Quality.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 21:54

Completed the wrong Visa form, I believe ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 22:29

Post Edited (Wed 05 Jan 23:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 22:51

Haha. Brilliant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 5 Jan 23:47

Entitled, get rid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 03:09

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Wed 5 Jan 14:52

I`m pretty sure that his medical exemption will be that he has was recently infected and therefore unable to be vaccinated before the tournament.

If that is the case then the problem lies solely with the Australian authorities. They need to be consistent and apply the same rules to the general public.

He had Covid in May 2020. I wouldn`t class that as recently and certainly wouldn`t stop him requiring to be vaccinated 20 months later to enter Australia.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 08:08

I had assumed that he must have tested positive again in the last few months. A lot of countries give covid passes to people who have proof of infection in the last 6 months so I assumed the same was happening here. We will see what happens on Monday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 10:36

Rafa Nadal sums it up, "Everybody is free to take their own decisions, but then there are some consequences"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 12:07

A big Orthodox Bible thumper by all accounts.

Quite interesting how a number of the more outspoken anti-vaxers have tied to certain ideologies.

Have to wonder how many of them could properly describe how a vaccine or virus actually function. My bet would be very few!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 12:47

God did it.

Or in this case would it be the devil 🤔

Post Edited (Thu 06 Jan 12:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 13:54

Apparently he is against vaccinations in general. Does that mean he won`t have had any in his lifetime? Is it possible to travel the world as an international tennis player without having been vaccinated at all?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Jan 15:19

Until last year most countries had no restrictions on unvaccinated travellers.

A few countries required proof of yellow fever vaccination at their borders (mostly in Africa), but most countries had no vaccination restrictions for entry.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 01:54

I take, it he has never had Tb,German measle, small pox,and whooping jabs,as a child.My God,if it was left to some people, bubonic plague still be rampant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 09:36

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 6 Jan 13:54

Apparently he is against vaccinations in general. Does that mean he won`t have had any in his lifetime? Is it possible to travel the world as an international tennis player without having been vaccinated at all?

His parents are massively against vaccinations. That`s why they called him Novak.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 10:37

Maybe he doesn`t want to risk potentially harming his career by taking a vaccine that hasn`t had the benefit of enough time to study the long term effects.
Many athletes aren`t willing to risk it, and there has been a few high profile heart issues in sport recently. I`m sure he has medical advisers who have let him know the risks which he will have weighed up himself.
I guess with the other vaccines mentioned, we have had the benefit of decades to make sure that they actually work, and don`t need a booster every couple of months
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 10:52

Which is his choice. But he still needs to adhere to rules set by countries and authorities.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 13:25

Choices have consequences, he`s made a choice, he`ll have to live by that. Tough tiddies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 13:45

Red Star, studies have shown that there is an increased risk of heart problems and issues after having been infected by covid-19.
Some more information on it here though there is many other reports and studies available from other outlets.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/heart-problems-after-covid19

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 16:19

A female Czech player has now been sent home after being allowed in initially. Maybe this is just to make it look like Djokovic isn`t being singled out. Once the politicians got involved it became very messy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 19:44

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Fri 7 Jan 16:19

A female Czech player has now been sent home after being allowed in initially. Maybe this is just to make it look like Djokovic isn`t being singled out. Once the politicians got involved it became very messy.

Maybe she was a Slovac wee eck

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jan 21:04

I`d be willing to guess that Tennis Australia gave him the green light to come and compete ( for obvious reasons) but Border Control were having none of it?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 09:02

It seems he had covid on 16th December

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 09:06

Double vac are the rules for Australia, I believe?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 09:21

Is it just the cynic in me that feels it’s quite coincidental that an antivaxer happens to record a positive test just before he needs one to travel to a country that has covid entry requirements???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 10:08

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 07 Jan 21:04

I`d be willing to guess that Tennis Australia gave him the green light to come and compete ( for obvious reasons) but Border Control were having none of it?

That’s the impression given by the media.

Entry should have been confirmed with immigration before he made travel plans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Jan 10:30

Quote:

DBP, Sat 8 Jan 09:21

Is it just the cynic in me that feels it’s quite coincidental that an antivaxer happens to record a positive test just before he needs one to travel to a country that has covid entry requirements???

Thought the exact same

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:10

Supposedly tested positive for covid on December 16th. Pictured maskless among a big crowd of people at some award ceremony the next day. He`s done.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 13:26

We will see what happens when the details come out.

People are getting a bit excited about this, but I haven`t seen any pictures of him on December 18th or later so there is every chance that he had a PCR test on the 16th and got the result on the 17th after these photos were taken. Whether he should have been isolating from the 16th depends on why he took the PCR test in the first place. If it was just a routine test then there was no reason for him to cancel anything until he got the result.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 14:07

Pictures of him cutting about the streets of Belgrade, posing for pictures beside people, on Christmas day. Serbia required 14 days of self isolation after recording a positive test.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jan 17:56

Christmas is indeed a bit of a problem for him.
The Serbian government will probably tell him off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 03:54

A lot of interest in the court hearing in Melbourne today, to the extent that the live stream appeared to crash.
The court ruled that Djokovic was to be enabled to watch proceedings but remain in effective `detention`. Unfortunately, the office of his legal team is a `vaccination-only` site, so he apparently couldn`t be taken there.

This could be embarrassing for the Aust Government, not only in it`s handling of the matter but also in that Djokovic is detained in a hotel where a lot of asylum seekers are also detained. This matter has publicised their plight as well.
To be clear, Djokovic is detained by choice; he could have elected to leave Australia at any time after his visa was cancelled. But that hotel is not to his usual standard, and certainly does not have a tennis court for him to use.

A lot of politics at play, from the anti-vaxxer `freedom` supporters through to the Aust federal government pre-election posturing, along with very vocal support from some with links to Serbia.

(Edit) I am informed that this hearing will only determine if the immigration officer (a) had the authority to cancel the visa; and (b) if the immigration officer erred in making that determination.

Post Edited (Mon 10 Jan 04:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 06:40

Free to enter the country owing to failed procedures - curious verdict, You would think that would be the case for a damages verdict not for overturning the rules of the land.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 07:07

Judge has said “what more could he have done?”

The fallout from this is going to run and run

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 10 Jan 07:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 08:53

Unconfirmed reports suggesting he has been arrested after leaving his hotel!

What a shambles

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 09:03

What a mess.

Still not quite at the stage that I`m feeling sorry for him but getting closer!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 09:35

Just ask him to take another pcr test. If he really did test positive three weeks or so ago then it will likely still pick up genetic fragments of covid from him again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 11:32

Or do an ‘antibody test’. If he indeed had covid three weeks ago as he claims, they will clearly show up.
Then apologise, free him and let him play.
If none - then his pants are on fire and he should be arrested for falsifying documents, fined and punted out of the country with a lifetime ban.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 10 Jan 12:13

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Sun 9 Jan 13:26People are getting a bit excited about this, but I haven`t seen any pictures of him on December 18th or later so there is every chance that he had a PCR test on the 16th and got the result on the 17th after these photos were taken. Whether he should have been isolating from the 16th depends on why he took the PCR test in the first place.

He got the result at 8pm on 16th.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Tue 11 Jan 00:00

And on it goes....
The online Aust immigration / COVID information has (now) been updated further, to specifically exclude the previous-COVID as an exemption from the double-vaccination requirement.
So, whilst Djokovic won this legal case on the grounds of procedures were not followed, he apparently should not be allowed to remain in Aust. Neither should the other 26 tennis players/officials who arrived with the same exemption.
Interestingly, another player (Renata Voráčová) had been admitted immigration entry to Australia upon arrival with an exemption from vaccination. She was, subsequent to Djokovic`s arrival, detained and has since chosen to leave Australia.

Now, the Aust press are reporting that Djokovic`s travel declarations appear to be incorrect (related to travel in the 14 days prior to arrival in Aust). Giving a false or misleading response could make him liable to a civil penalty with the maximum penalty 12 months imprisonment. Apparently his social media posts have him travelling from Belgrade to Spain during that timeframe.

But, you know, politics / sport / money / fame. Some are more equal than others.

Post Edited (Tue 11 Jan 04:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 11 Jan 09:10

Would be interesting to see the entry details of the English cricket squad and entourage, don`t believe that there`s not an anti vaxer in there?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 11 Jan 12:13

Sooooo, it seems there are now inconsistencies in his whereabouts 2 weeks prior to his arrival. I expect if this is correct the Oz immigration will deport him and a 3 year exclusion order.
I always thought he was one of the brighter people in sport, but maybe not, especially if he wanted that grand slam title at his favourite venue, he would be doing everything within the rule book.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 11 Jan 18:48

He`s clearly one of the greatest to play the game and deserves nothing but respect for his achievements.

Outside of that he`s a clown though.

Bad tempered, play actor, arrogant, disingenuous and a complete nutter when it comes to his scientific views. Google "Djokovic water" and "Djokovic bread stomach" for some of the complete hogwash that`s left the boy`s mouth.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Jan 07:06

Think he will get kicked out?

Has admitted he was out on December 18 knowing he had tested positive.

He also said his agent ticked the wrong box regarding any travel 2 weeks prior to entering Oz.

Cheerio

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Jan 09:46

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 12 Jan 07:06

Think he will get kicked out?

Has admitted he was out on December 18 knowing he had tested positive.

He also said his agent ticked the wrong box regarding any travel 2 weeks prior to entering Oz.

Cheerio

The whole thing is a shambles and Tennis Australia have given wrong information. Either they received incorrect information or ignored it. This will run for a few days right up to tournament time.
Can you imagine? “Djokovic to serve first”
“No he ain’t, come here son, you are bing deported!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 12 Jan 10:19

This news will rekindle the controversy......................

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/12/novak-djokovic-statement-blames-agent-for-australia-paperwork-mistake-covid-positive-test-result

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Jan 11:09

I wonder if he treats his mandatory out of competition drugs testing and whereabout requirements with the same adandon?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 00:30

It’s being reported that the Spanish government are now investigating whether he entered the country illegally last month

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 13 Jan 18:15

Seen a few other stories saying Spain aren`t investigating. Does sound like he`s travelled to Marbella between the positive test and travelling to Australia.

Not taking a vaccine is up to all individuals. To catch the virus and travel around putting others at risk - shows zero consideration for his fellow humans, a properly dickish move.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Jan 07:04

Visa cancelled

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 14 Jan 10:42

Sure news said. He can appeal. But dont think it will do any good

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Jan 15:22

I like the fact the judges are not swayed by government pressure.
I still think Djokovic will be deported and deserves to be, but the judges done give a xxxx what goes on outside of their court. Go those lads!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Jan 07:16

He is to be deported. Final decision

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Sun 16 Jan 07:26

Never in my 41 years in Australia, has a case attracted so much attention. It has been the topic of conversation for weeks now. He is genuinely not liked by the vast amount of people over here, and the fact that he could be allowed in, against the rules after so many people (especially in Melbourne) had endured so many days in lockdown was not well received.
The Government have made fools of themselves, and with an election sometime in the next five months, they were scrambling to be seen to be powerful.
Tennis Australia must also take a share of the blame, and I am sure that heads will roll in that organisation.
Most of the players who are here will support the decision.
Now what will happen in France, UK and the US will be very interesting for Djokovic.
It has been farcical and a very expensive exercise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Jan 07:46

Quote:

Townsvillepar, Sun 16 Jan 07:26

Never in my 41 years in Australia, has a case attracted so much attention. It has been the topic of conversation for weeks now. He is genuinely not liked by the vast amount of people over here, and the fact that he could be allowed in, against the rules after so many people (especially in Melbourne) had endured so many days in lockdown was not well received.
The Government have made fools of themselves, and with an election sometime in the next five months, they were scrambling to be seen to be powerful.
Tennis Australia must also take a share of the blame, and I am sure that heads will roll in that organisation.
Most of the players who are here will support the decision.
Now what will happen in France, UK and the US will be very interesting for Djokovic.
It has been farcical and a very expensive exercise.

Not sure if you can answer this, but is the ruling for entry proof of vaccination status OR the alternative is for 2 weeks isolation in an isolation hotel.
I think it is the correct decision but has been handled poorly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 16 Jan 08:49

What should happen in uk, France etc is that the rules of entry are applied, without favour of prejudice to all tennis players in the same way they would be applied to any other person entering the country

Post Edited (Sun 16 Jan 08:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 16 Jan 09:38

correct decision .. but made a coo`s erse of it

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Townsvillepar  
Date:   Sun 16 Jan 22:35

parsmad68...I`m not an expert by any means, but as far as I know, entry is allowed for vaccinated people, and for Australians returning who are not vaccinated they can spend 14 days in isolation. It is very hard for the latter group to get on a plane.
Make no mistake this was handled very badly and there is a lot of subterfuge. This Government in my opinion is the worst in my 41 years in Australia. There is an election very close, and they had to be seen to be strong on borders (they have won previous elections with the fear mongering tripe). I think it has back fired and they are looked at as being dills.
It could all have been averted if Djokovic had not been granted a visa in the first place. I also think he was prepared not to come to compete, but was given the option to come with a medical exemption, which Tennis Australia advised on. TA wanted him here for obvious reasons, but must surely regret all of this fiasco.
There is a lot more to this story I am very sure!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jan 09:24

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59999541

Oh dear Novak. Looks like it is game, set and match.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jan 15:26

I’m sure Boris will welcome him with open arms? They may be long lost brothers ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skid Chicane  
Date:   Fri 28 Jan 16:26

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 28 Jan 15:26

I’m sure Boris will welcome him with open arms? They may be long lost brothers ?

Seems to be the common thread behind the headlines. The notion of being above the law and the rules don`t apply. (Prince) Andrew could (potentially) fall into that criteria.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 10:49

There are fewer unvaccinated people every day so this shouldn`t be an issue for too much longer. As a bonus, they tend to be right wing nut jobs so they are doing the rest of us a favour really.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jan 11:09

Like Sun Tzu said, "when your opponents do not wish to be vaccinated against a deadly virus, let them"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 15 Feb 13:06

The interview he gave to the BBC yesterday, is hard to argue with. He claims he`s not a No Vaxxer and has an open mind about vaccines, but is not minded to be vaccinated at this time, even if it means he`ll be excluded from this year`s Grand Slam tournaments.

It`s a pity he didn`t clarify his position right at the beginning of the vaccination programme, as he will undoubtedly have influenced many people who might otherwise have come forward for the vaccine. It`s not too much of a quantum leap to suggest that some of those who hesitated have paid the ultimate price.

Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron are even more culpable, with the fear they spread around Europe, regarding the Astra-Zenica vaccine.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Tue 15 Feb 16:37

Doesn`t want the vaccine. Scared it will interfere with whatever else he uses?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 15 Feb 22:27

Quote:

moviescot, Tue 15 Feb 16:37

He is one of the greatest athletes of all time, I`m sure he is very careful about everything that he put in his body, watching every single thing that he eats and drinks. He is quite right to not take the vaccine if he doesn`t want it. He has his long term future to think about
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Feb 22:33

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 15 Feb 22:27

Quote:

He is one of the greatest athletes of all time, I`m sure he is very careful about everything that he put in his body, watching every single thing that he eats and drinks. He is quite right to not take the vaccine if he doesn`t want it. He has his long term future to think about

I`m sure he`s very careful what he puts in his body... So was Lance Armstrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 08:19

Quote:

moviescot, Tue 15 Feb 22:33

Quote:

Quote:

With that post you are implying every top level athlete who has reached the very pinnacle of their sport are very careful what they put in their body along with known drug cheats......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 09:08

That`s all he had to say right at the start and accept that if Australia wouldn`t allow him in then he couldn`t play. Instead, he chose to try and beat a system that thousands of families have had to live with for nearly two years. The man is a manipulator and extremely unlikable, regardless of how well he conducts an interview

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 09:50

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Wed 16 Feb 08:19

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With that post you are implying every top level athlete who has reached the very pinnacle of their sport are very careful what they put in their body along with known drug cheats......

No only Djokovic (and Lance of course). 🤸
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 10:25

If he told me what day of the week it was I`d check the calendar. Completely stage managed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 11:16

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 16 Feb 09:50

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Wed 16 Feb 08:19

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No only Djokovic (and Lance of course). 🤸

Ah so there was absolutely no reason to mention Lance Armstrong, that was your mistake.........👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 12:28

He`s a pro athlete where his body is his toolkit. He has to weigh up being vaccinated with something not fully tested with the risk of COVID/long COVID. There`s little evidence to suggest the vaccine impacts on athletes but I can definitely understand his concern.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 16 Feb 14:16

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Wed 16 Feb 10:25

If he told me what day of the week it was I`d check the calendar. Completely stage managed.

Such cynicism in a young man.... 🙁

You could well be right, of course. 🙂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Feb 04:17

Quote:

jake89, Wed 16 Feb 12:28

He`s a pro athlete where his body is his toolkit. He has to weigh up being vaccinated with something not fully tested with the risk of COVID/long COVID. There`s little evidence to suggest the vaccine impacts on athletes but I can definitely understand his concern.

So all the other pro athletes don`t have their body as a toolkit since most have had the vaccine.

He certainly must have weighed up the consequences of taking the vaccine and how it might interact with all the other "supplements" he takes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Feb 07:24

Quote:

moviescot, Thu 17 Feb 04:17

Quote:

jake89, Wed 16 Feb 12:28

So all the other pro athletes don`t have their body as a toolkit since most have had the vaccine.

He certainly must have weighed up the consequences of taking the vaccine and how it might interact with all the other "supplements" he takes.

Please don`t attempt to misrepresent what I`ve said. I am speaking specifically about him. What other athletes do is irrelevant.

I don`t follow tennis so I`ve not a clue what "supplements" you`re referring to.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net