DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Re: Well done ye Rangers!
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 6 May 21:46

"I haven`t mitigated any hateful singing Wotsit, nor have I singled out a particular Battle, although the song the Rangers supporters sing does focus on one particular Battle. The Covenanter battles of Rullion Green, Drumclog and Bothwell Brig were significant as were the Jacobite battles. Further back the Battle of Langside which ended with Mary Queen of Scots fleeing to England was also significant.

Whether we like it or not, religion in the past 5 centuries was a powerful force throughout Europe and had a stranglehold on society. Common people were not taught to read and printing presses were banned. Reform was essential and those who held power resisted it fiercely. It was only won through blood sweat and tears and we have all benefitted from it."

This is Paralex on the Rangers thread on the football forum. I thought I would move it here to have this non-football related part of the discussion in a more appropriate place.

I really wanted to ask Paralex if he really thinks we all benefited? What about the millions of dead Irish people? The Irish population still hasn`t recovered to the level it was at in the 17th century. We all benefited from the other imperil escapades too, it`s just that some of us know to be ashamed of that bloody inheritance.

Is anything worth genocide?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 6 May 23:43

He`s a Christian extremist that gets offended when someone says "Jesus Christ" but happy to say the murder and violence dished out to "reform" the religion of the country was necessary.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 7 May 09:00

Britain is the only country to commit genocide and blame it on a vegetable.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 7 May 13:36

…not to mention the nation of bratwurst munchers lead by a vegetarian who put the blame on those he was slaughtering.
Funny old world innit?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 9 May 22:16

Case and point - Rangers launch a third strip tomorrow. It`s orange with a sash. Honestly couldn`t make it up. I`m sure they`ll claim it`s because Seville is well known for its oranges...
[IP address logged]
 Re: Re: Well done ye Rangers!
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 10 May 06:17

Quote:

jake89, Mon 9 May 22:16

Case and point - Rangers launch a third strip tomorrow. It`s orange with a sash. Honestly couldn`t make it up. I`m sure they`ll claim it`s because Seville is well known for its oranges...

I wonder if Derek Ferguson will say he thought it was because of their Dutch connections in the dressing room. The tenuous connection to Van Bronkhurst will be rolled out as an excuse.
I like Derek Ferguson as a commentator on the radio but that day was embarrassing when challenged by his Co commentators on the subject of orange strips.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 10 May 09:53

^

That was one of the more memorable Sportsounds - Michael Stewart was slating Rangers orange top and calling it for the blatantly sectarian commercial sales ploy that it was - but I think DF had some support trotting out the lame Dutch party line.

Released just in time to sell by the barrowload for Seville.

Post Edited (Tue 10 May 10:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 10 May 11:22

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 10 May 09:53

^

That was one of the more memorable Sportsounds - Michael Stewart was slating Rangers orange top and calling it for the blatantly sectarian commercial sales ploy that it was - but I think DF had some support trotting out the lame Dutch party line.

Released just in time to sell by the barrowload for Seville.

It was indeed VEE. Many thanks as I had forgotten who was posing the tricky question to Derek.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 10 May 15:28

Typical party line response from Derek Ferguson - what else would you expect considering his background and conditioning ?

When he started covering games for the BBC he was terrible, although he has improved greatly since.

His report on our recent 2-1 win against Ayr was good - he covered all the weaknesses in the performance, particularly the lack of a physical presence up front until the subs came on late and saved the day

Michael Stewart had an ally in that debate, but I can`t mind who was the supporting act.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 10 May 17:39

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-stewart-derek-ferguson-rangers-16811134

Here is the transcript. I didn`t hear it at the time but looks as if Billy Dodds was defending it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 17:58

Yes, good call, I think it was Billy Dodds .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 May 18:08

Ferguson`s attitude is exactly what`s wrong with this country.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 11 May 00:14

I think someone has been pulling your leg Jake. It is orange but it`s not got a sash.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TigerPar  
Date:   Wed 11 May 08:19

3rd kit is orange and their away kit is white with a blue and red sash. They’ll no doubt have a bumper year of sales on both

Post Edited (Wed 11 May 08:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 11 May 11:41

Had another look and I can`t see an away kit with a sash on it either. Is it the current away top?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 May 12:20

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 11 May 00:14

I think someone has been pulling your leg Jake. It is orange but it`s not got a sash.

Yeah, it was the marketing shot that made it look like it had a "stripe" across it. The stripe is across the shoulders.

What I find amusing about the whole "Dutch" thing is that they didn`t need to choose orange. Whilst it`s the colour used by the national team, the Dutch flag is...red, white and blue. Now, if only Rangers could somehow use that colour palette...
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net