DAFC.net
Home 03 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nothing to Lose
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 22:28

I think we should just go for it in the last 3.
Shoot on sight.

Airdrie could lose their next two to Dundee and Partick.

That would leave a very nervy game v QP.

3 losses to them and 3 decent wins for us.

Stranger things have happened.

Who foresaw RC beating Rangers?

Tin hat on.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nothing to Lose
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 23:08

Sounds a bit kamikaze to me Parrot. Airdrie are 11 goals ahead of us right now, so only the very remotest chance of overtaking them. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence but on the evidence of recent games, maybe out and out attack, not our best policy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 23:38

It`s just utterly bizarre to say there`s nothing to lose. The chances of us being either promoted or relgated are not large, but the probability of going down is now many times that of going up.

Let`s just play the game as normal and try to win it. If we do that, we`re safe. And if we can`t do that, let`s get a point which would probably be enough. Any win would be a good win, and if we`re 1-0 up going into injury time, going all out for another goal and leaving ourselves open at the back is the absolute last thing we should be doing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 01:28

After the run we were on from mid December til the end of February I`d take anywhere between 5th and 8th in a heartbeat......the higher the better obviously.

Just win the game. If we can`t do that then don`t lose it.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 07:34

Quote:

Socks, Fri 19 Apr 23:38

It`s just utterly bizarre to say there`s nothing to lose. The chances of us being either promoted or relgated are not large, but the probability of going down is now many times that of going up.

Let`s just play the game as normal and try to win it. If we do that, we`re safe. And if we can`t do that, let`s get a point which would probably be enough. Any win would be a good win, and if we`re 1-0 up going into injury time, going all out for another goal and leaving ourselves open at the back is the absolute last thing we should be doing.

200 percent this. Considering our struggle to score goals this season just go out and win the game. Let`s not try and go all out as we just don`t score enough so we aren`t going to give a team a doing I`ll take a 1-0 90 minute winner.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 08:01

When mcpake met ange, the advice was stick to your principles (I`m paraphrasing)

Mcpake likes possession based football which emanates in alot of 1-0 wins as evident in our league winning run last year.

We are not a free flowing attacking team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 09:28

Quote:

Socks, Fri 19 Apr 23:38

Let`s just play the game as normal and try to win it. If we do that, we`re safe. And if we can`t do that, let`s get a point, which would probably be enough. Any win would be a good win, and if we`re 1-0 up going into injury time, going all out for another goal and leaving ourselves open at the back is the absolute last thing we should be doing.

I really wasn`t serious this time, Socks.
I realise we still need to secure safety
However, if we do get a good win today and Airdrie lose by a couple then ..... ye never know.

I think I explained my optimism once before.
I am an avid backgammon player.
It is a game where victory is often gained from a position that looked like a certain defeat. Of course, dice are used, and random dice can produce crazy results.
I have experienced unbelievable turnarounds many times. Of course, backgammon isn't football, but they both comprise mostly of skill and can be dramaticly influenced by a bit of bizarre luck.
That is pretty much where I get my mindset.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Apr 09:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 09:36

Dom Thomas is apparently fit today which is disappointing. Hopefully we can cling onto 5th place which would be a decent end to the season after such a disappointing start to the year.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 10:32

Think we’re seriously over egging the relegation fears here. More so when Inverness lost yesterday and only have two games with a 4pt gap from us.

I actually agree with Parrots initial post that we should be let off the leash a bit and go for it a bit more. Thats not to say we’ll be going gung ho if we’re one up with minutes spare.

More than capable of scoring 3 or 4 goals and yeah Airdrie have difficult ties.

Not naive to think we have any chance of getting fourth now but would rather play with that mindset than worrying about securing a point to avoid relegation.

Quite frankly we’re better than that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 10:38

Partick v Airdrie was the first draw on my coupon today. Suits both clubs and doesn`t give much away before they play each other again in the play offs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 11:01

It`s a must win for QP today so expect them to come out all guns blazing. They`re the ones who have nothing to lose. A draw today would be a bad result for them whilst for us it would all but confirm league safety. A win for us and we`re sorted and can relax.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 11:17

Quote:

jake89, Sat 20 Apr 11:01

It`s a must win for QP today so expect them to come out all guns blazing. They`re the ones who have nothing to lose. A draw today would be a bad result for them whilst for us it would all but confirm league safety. A win for us and we`re sorted and can relax.

Hmmmm, I think I might change my prediction league predictions to draws for us and Partick v Airdrie

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 11:49

Won`t Partick and Airdrie be trying to clinch 3rd spot as it will give them the advantage of the return game in the first play-off being at home?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 12:06

A draw guarantees them both a spot in the play-offs. I reckon if it`s level with 15 minutes to go, not much will happen thereafter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 12:41

Also, home advantage in this division doesn`t seem to be much of an advantage. Lots of away wins and draws, and plenty of years (like ourselves and the champions elect) who seem to play better away from home.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 16:19

Plastic 2 Airdrie 0 at ht

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 16:25

3-0
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 16:45

4-0
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 17:09

If only we could score.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 17:10

Not sure we`ve done enough to stay up yet

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 17:24

If they were playing for a draw the Partick players didn`t get the memo - or maybe they ignored it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 17:38

If we’d won by a couple it would’ve led to an interesting next week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 17:43

Weren`t close to winning it by 1.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 17:53

We done absolutely nothing and didn’t deserve to win that. Pathetic performance from the team today too many of them looked like they were already on holiday mode

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Apr 19:00

We seemed to be time wasting holding out for a draw at the end, we should have been pushing for the win. 2 totally uninspiring games in a row, we didn`t look like we believed we could make the play offs. Much improvement needed for next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 21 Apr 09:32

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 20 Apr 17:09

If only we could score.

The story of our season

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Apr 09:52

I can see why we`d hold out for a draw. Yesterday was a potential banana skin. If we`d lost then it would 3 points between us and QP with 6 to play for. Knowing our luck we would go for the win, concede a goal and lose. A draw means it`s unlikely QP will finish above us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Apr 10:02

Quote:

jake89, Sun 21 Apr 09:52

I can see why we`d hold out for a draw. Yesterday was a potential banana skin. If we`d lost then it would 3 points between us and QP with 6 to play for. Knowing our luck we would go for the win, concede a goal and lose. A draw means it`s unlikely QP will finish above us.

I knew it would pan out like that yesterday. Expecting much the same next Saturday

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Apr 12:03

I was thinking earlier if would be good to give the likes of Tod and Sutherland a start given league safety but I suppose we still need a point for absolute safety and there are league positions still at stake. Hopefully in a position after this weekend that our final game is largely pointless so we can get some of the young team out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Apr 12:21

No doubt some of the young lads will feature in the Reserve Cup Final at Livi on Tuesday night. It`s also a chance to give some of the first-team squad who haven`t featured recently a run out. Presumably McPake picks the team for this? I`m thinking of popping along to see some of these young lads in action.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net