DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Astrazeneca vaccine
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:44

There was a few threads years ago about the vaccine with most rushing out to get the jab. Noticed a few minor articles on the recent withdrawal of the Astrazeneca vaccine after they admitted it has caused blood clots. It`s not getting much press, a wee piece hidden away on the BBC, but this feels like big news.

Anyone had any issues since being jabbed?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-withdraw-blood-clots-b2541291.html
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Astrazeneca vaccine
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:04

Seen this as well but didn’t want to re-open that can of worms based on my stance on it all :).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:23

Aye, I`ve had an issue. But I can`t say it was or wasn`t linked to the jab.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:51

Hope all is well Ipswich.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 9 May 23:27

Pretty sure it was well reported it at the time that in very rare cases it could cause blood clots.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 9 May 23:52

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 9 May 23:27

Pretty sure it was well reported it at the time that in very rare cases it could cause blood clots.

Pretty sure it was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:04

It was and if you got that vaccine the nurse administering it explained all that to you and confirmed you were happy to proceed before they did anything
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:41

Cheers Berry. Still here and feeling good! 👍

Public health is very much a numbers and stats game. As long as it provides a net benefit it`s the right thing to do. It doesn`t help particularly if you`re in the wrong pot of outcomes, but that`s the way the cookie crumbles.

I`d rather we better understood where the virus came from and how we try and minimise the risk it`ll happen again. That seems to have fallen off the public discussion as well......
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:08

Had the new jab two weeks ago. Never had any reactions with AstraZeneca but really stiff/sore arm and flu like symptoms for few days with this one.

Mrs P the same and her older sister. Brother in law not so bad. I’ll hear how neebs get on in due course.They are all retirees as well though so maybe age is a factor!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:40

The mrs got this one when it first launched, after she had received treatment for post natal blood clot in her leg…….luckily enough didn’t have any adverse reactions and for her 2nd jab got changed to pfizer.

Not had any issues myself or know anyone thats had any effects from either vaccine. The biggest problem is the amount of traffic/misinformation on X these days, from umpteen sources. People believe that if 1 person has had a reaction then the full world is at risk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:10

I got the Astra vaccine and it didn`t go very well. My face on one side was swollen and and ended up at the docs who had never seen this type of reaction before....by this time I had an infection that was from my nose and travelling down my body..big red/yellow blotches. After a few different antibiotics it went away......roll on the next vaccine and the same happened again but was a bit milder.Still bloody sore though! Each to their own but I never got the booster just incase the same happened.
I am not against the vaccines but feel there needs to be more investigation into the side affects that people get especially hearing there are a lot of people experiencing bad heart problems they never had.
Had covid twice and it was just like having a bad cold and feeling exhausted.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 09:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:18

Looking at the timeline for this:

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) made a statement on 7 April 2021 about the blood clots (but initially continued to recommend the AZ vaccine) and then on the 7 May 2021 they advised that under 40’s should get an alternative to the AZ vaccine.

By this point, under 40’s were starting to be invited for their vaccinations, and so most under 40’s got Pfizer or Moderna.

However, many frontline health workers who were under 40 had already had the AZ vaccine in January/February/March 2021 before the blood clots issue was reported.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 10 May 16:11

Also, it`s a "jag" not a "jab" 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 10 May 19:08

Quote:

Andrew283, Thu 9 May 23:52

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 9 May 23:27

Pretty sure it was.

Its withdrawal has been well trailed too, BBC Had a lengthy time stood in front of a tv covering timeline and claims / counterclaims. Saw a further segment later on so wasn’t particularly hidden away now either 🤷🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sat 11 May 07:34

An employee of mine lost a leg to the clot-shot, I hope it does not take as long as the "Bad Blood" scandal for him to get financial redress.

I`m just thankful the politicians I hate and distrusted like Trudeau, Jacinda McHorseface, Pedro Pete and Elsie McSelfie went so mental with the hard-sell to put me off getting it.

I suspect at some point the "rare" occurrences of cardiac arrests will also be eeked out with the claim that they always said this was the case.

Good luck to everyone with the health choices they made.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:34

Same here Bletchley Par. I was about to go for my Jag as the stories about Astrazeneca broke. I had a few concerns about it, so called the helpline who did have the answers to quell my fears, so I cancelled it till things became clearer. That never happened, so I opted against being vaccinated. Glad I did
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:40

Didn’t think once about taking it if I’m being honest, regardless if it went through full trials, the speed it went through was a worry for me and wasn’t bowing down to peer pressure, being banned from going to events and such forth.

For it to be ‘extremely rare’ I know a fair few who have had some serious side effects.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:52

I wonder what would have happened if the vast majority of the population, who opted to take the vaccinations, had decided not to?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:37

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 11 May 13:52

I wonder what would have happened if the vast majority of the population, who opted to take the vaccinations, had decided not to?

My bet is on a vast amount more people dying, and the health service being overwhelmed.

I was in hospital Oct to Dec 20, and it was obvious how messed up the the health service was. Easily forgotten now by some.

If I was in the "not vaccinated" camp I really would be keeping quiet these days.

A lot (not all, and I`m not referring to posts on this thread) come across as "I told you so". I`ve got a different view.... Those that didn`t take it certainly have those who did take a degree of thanks. Sure, it might not have affected you personally but it might have killed someone in your family, either via the disease directly or the impacts that mental health issues, pack of medical care etc might have had on people.

And as they are thinking how thankful they are, they should probably keep their lips together....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 16:30

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sat 11 May 14:37

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 11 May 13:52

My bet is on a vast amount more people dying, and the health service being overwhelmed.

I was in hospital Oct to Dec 20, and it was obvious how messed up the the health service was. Easily forgotten now by some.

If I was in the "not vaccinated" camp I really would be keeping quiet these days.

A lot (not all, and I`m not referring to posts on this thread) come across as "I told you so". I`ve got a different view.... Those that didn`t take it certainly have those who did take a degree of thanks. Sure, it might not have affected you personally but it might have killed someone in your family, either via the disease directly or the impacts that mental health issues, pack of medical care etc might have had on people.

And as they are thinking how thankful they are, they should probably keep their lips together....

That whole post comes across like the words of some holier than thou, medical experiment martyr.

I didn`t take the vaccine, but I followed the rules more than anyone I know, kept myself to myself, took all the precautions required to keep everyone else safe. I was maticulous in protecting others.

My brother wasn`t in the best of health at the time, so I stayed well away from him as per the rules of the time. He had the vaccine and within a few weeks his health really went downhill, he was hospitalised and within months, he was dead. He did have some pre existing health conditions but if you had said to me at the start of the year that he would be dead by the end of it, I wouldn`t have thought it likely. It certainly wasn`t the only factor in his demise but I feel it played a huge part.

During the following years, I have known 4 people that have been in great health and totally out of the blue, have had massive heart attacks. 1 aged 44 dropped down dead at his work, one 59 died at the table on a family meal. The other 2 survived. I have had 2 workmates in good health have strokes lately, out of the blue. This is maybe just me reaching the age where these things happen, but it seems unusual. When you watch the football results these days, it seems there is regularly a game that is late finishing due to some medical emergency in the crowd, something that used to be a rarity.
The BHF say there were over 100,000 more reported heart conditions in England last year than would normally occur. Something`s causing it.

I`m pleased you are able to take the moral high ground though. Hope that works out well for you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 16:50

Lol. Commendable debating skills by immediately getting personal.

It`s not holier than though, it`s a statement of the scientific and statistical paradigm that all this was taking place in.

You don`t know what the alternative was. I don`t know what it was. Because it never happened. Perhaps over time they`ll check to large enough populations to get a better understanding.

While I`m sorry to hear about people you know being impacted, the approach of numerically small examples help nobody.

If I`m told that there`s a rigorous statistically analysis that the number of heart problems have increased, and some regression analysis shows a clear link to jags or types of medicine then that`s a valid point on a population basis.

Unfortunately people in their 40s who are seemingly healthy do have heart problems. Doesn`t make it any easier for those who have lost someone.

I think the only indisputable thing is that this was an incredibly difficult situation for policy makers at the time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 11 May 17:52

When I was a teenager and in my 20’s I knew no one with heart problems. Now I’m middle aged I do 😱
Either way the very existence of Covid is probably a contributing factor - people who never took a jag but had Covid have had heart problems along with others that did have - the playing field has changed 🤷🏻‍♂️

However for anyone with a ‘told you so’ attitude just remember that many many of these people (several in these pages) were the ones promoting “the great reset by the IMF”, 5G as a cause and Bill Gates inserting microchips in everyone 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 11 May 20:36

The problem is we will never know if the vaccine was going to benefit us or not!
I got a tortoise face full of infected puss twice and again docs were taking pictures of it😅 my old man got a first booster and was having breathing problems…2nd booster and now has heart problems and needs testing..
Imo the whole system was brutal and the lockdown was for who? The government had packed all the old folk into homes to die so where was the risk?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 20:40

Genuine question here - is there any proven statistics that show the number of people with heart defects in comparison to the numbers of vaccinated/unvaccinated people?

Also, is there a proven statistic that shows the increase in heart issues within people who have caught covid/not caught covid in the last 4 years?

If nobody can provide these stats from reputable medical sources (and not Laurence Fox and Matt Le Tissier) then how can anybody claim either end of the argument properly?

Fed up of the social media point scoring that goes on every time someone drops down ill. Its tiresome and embarrassing. People are also more likely to suffer harder from basic colds because we spent 2 years avoiding everyone - our bodies are f*cked in terms of anti bodies. Ive been ill about 5 times this year already….and not had a jab since the 2nd one I took…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 12 May 07:34

I worked with someone who was a healthy guy in his late 20s. One day felt unwell, next day was dead. This was 2010 and had nothing to do with COVID or AstraZeneca.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 12:18

Dave_1885, completely with you....just want data and truth. I do understand the risks sharing the data with the wider population as even the experts have far from a perfect record when it comes to data analysis. Unfortunately, it is starting to look like we`ll need to be patient and get lucky with some good people not giving up.

I came across this today. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/togetherdeclaration_excessdeaths-ugcPost-7194851998448402432-r0PY?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

Not sure of the date but I assume it`s relatively recent as Bridgen has been very vocal. It would appear that no sufficient data set exists publicly. Which is concerning in itself. But it is good that certain MPs are continuing to chase for it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 12 May 22:14

I heard the other day that the Astrazeneca vaccine was independently estimated to have saved 6.5 million lives in its first year of use.I haven`t done any further research into those claims yet though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 13 May 06:51

I had Astrazenica vaccine, and had heart issues two days after it, for a couple of days. Rate and strength of beat was sporadic - would beat 5 or six beats, then skip 1-2 beats, and multiple variables on that. Was extremely worrying

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:18

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Mon 13 May 06:51

I had Astrazenica vaccine, and had heart issues two days after it, for a couple of days. Rate and strength of beat was sporadic - would beat 5 or six beats, then skip 1-2 beats, and multiple variables on that. Was extremely worrying

And now, 3 years later, what are your implications? (If you dont mind me asking 👍🏻)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:44

Now? No implications, but at the time, and imminently after it, there was hefty implications as my heart went into uncontrolled sporadic rhythms that could have had a very different outcome. Fortunately I’m relatively health, and also fortunately I wasn’t participating in any sport and/or activity that would naturally have raised the natural heart rate.

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 18:38

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Mon 13 May 09:44

Now? No implications, but at the time, and imminently after it, there was hefty implications as my heart went into uncontrolled sporadic rhythms that could have had a very different outcome. Fortunately I’m relatively health, and also fortunately I wasn’t participating in any sport and/or activity that would naturally have raised the natural heart rate.

Good that there has been no lasting effects 👌🏻 would be worrying times when you had the reaction though!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net