DAFC.net
Home 18 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Why not watch the Euros at...
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:10

Scotland`s Biggest Fan Zone, apparently. KDM Group East End Park.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Why not watch the Euros at...
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:19

Heard about this yesterday. Good opportunity to try and bring some money in. With any luck we qualify out groups and maybe bring in more people

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:20

Great opportunity to make a few quid

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:32

Great to have secured this. Can`t do sponsorship discussions any damage either...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:33

Brilliant initiative. I hope local fans will support this. Any details yet? I haven`t seen any.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:46

Superb.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:56

There’s one at Airdrie stadium as well as well as others in all the major cities.
Brilliant idea

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 19:56

Fantastic!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 20:32

Superb

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:19

Who chose the fan zones? I can`t see anything about this on the SFA website or our own club website.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:28

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 21:19

Who chose the fan zones? I can`t see anything about this on the SFA website or our own club website.

But it`s good though eck, yeah ???
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:55

Absolutely, but I`m surprised the club`s not saying anything about it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:56

<https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/fife/4939809/dunfermline-fan-zone-euro-2024/#:~:text=Dunfermline%20Athletic%20has%20announced%20that,Scotland`s%20matches%20during%20the%20tournament.>
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:58

They have a wee film advert about it on the clubs Twitter page.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 22:31

That`s encouraging then but I`d be surprised if it`s the biggest in Scotland if the major cities have one too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 22:54

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 22:31

That`s encouraging then but I`d be surprised if it`s the biggest in Scotland if the major cities have one too.

For comparison:

Glasgow`s is held at Baad holds 600.
Perth`s is held at Taypark House holds 1000.

Airdrie are also hosting one at their stadium (pretty much sold out) but do not know the capacity.

EEP could well be the biggest in the country depending on how it`s utilised. I`m basing this on that not all cities/areas are using football stadiums.

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 22:59

A capacity of 600 in Glasgow seems crazy! What about Edinburgh?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 23:34

with a bit of luck there will be a better choice of beers to drink that what we have to suffer on a match day no sure the idea of £4.20 for a stinking pint pint of carling will draw a huge crowd
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 03:50

Get some German beer in!

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 07:46

I remember a big screen showing an away game v WBA. It blew away in the wind, a hard rain fell and there wasne much shelter from the storm...

Post Edited (Thu 04 Apr 07:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:28

Then we’ll just have to coorie in Parboiled!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:45

As long as the big screen is securely attached to the ground - who minds the collapsing version v West Brom at EEP not too long after Pat Gardner scored ?

That was quite a drama !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 08:49

Guessing the screen will be up near the Cowden end and entrance will be via the Norrie end - great idea tbh and club will make a nice bit of income from it.

Im guessing it will only be in use for Scotland game days though? If its in use constantly then the park wont get much time to grow pre league cup starting…….
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 09:47

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Apr 22:59

A capacity of 600 in Glasgow seems crazy! What about Edinburgh?

Pretty sure that there`s gonna be one at the square, right opposite The Usher Hall.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 09:56

The Press has more info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 09:56

Cheers, Big T. That`s not that big an area.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 10:04

Damn, I’m in Gran Canaria 🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: maradona86  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 10:11

For those stuck behind a paywall,

PLANS to give fans a "unique" opportunity to cheer on Scotland at this summer`s European Championships from the country`s largest fan zone in Dunfermline are at an advanced stage.

The Press can reveal that discussions to turn KDM Group East End Park into a venue that will screen matches involving the national side over 10 days in June have been ongoing over the last three months.

Dunfermline Athletic FC have been engaging with Fife Council and the emergency services to allow thousands of supporters the opportunity to watch Steve Clarke`s side pit their wits at Euro 2024.

The `Dunfermline City Fan Zone` would kick off on Friday, June 14, when Scotland play Germany in the opening game of the tournament, and run until Sunday June 23, the date of their final Group A encounter with Hungary.

Under proposals for the fan zone, which the Press first reported could be a possibility in January, seating for 3,000 spectators, including a dedicated family section, would be available on each of the 10 days it would be operational, with organisers hopeful of attracting more than 12,000 visitors in total.

Two "festival-style" LED screens would be positioned on either side of the pitch facing the Norrie McCathie Stand, which would house fans, whilst a stage would also be erected for other forms of entertainment, including interviews, bands and DJs.

Alister Burn, Dunfermline Athletic FC`s commercial manager, commented: "We are pleased to say that work is well underway in bringing a fan zone for the Euro 2024 competition to KDM Group East End Park.

"It’s an exciting time for our new city and Dunfermline Athletic wants to be at the forefront of bringing unique, engaging, and inclusive events to everyone in our local community, and to attract new visitors to the city.

"Over the last three months we have been in constant dialogue with Fife Council, licensing, and emergency services to obtain all the relevant permits needed, and although this is ongoing, the club is grateful for the support and positivity shown by these key stakeholders in working together to create such an exciting and large-scale event."

It is hoped that utilising East End would create a safe, family-friendly environment for all members of the community to join in the excitement of Scotland`s journey at the Euros, whilst creating an atmosphere that is the next best thing to being in Germany.

Food trucks and stalls, a fully licensed bar, and activities and entertainment would be available, whilst it is hoped that, outwith dates of Scotland`s matches, which would be ticketed, the fan zone will be utilised for offering other events for the community, most of which will be free to attend.

As well as the showing other group stage matches from Germany, such ideas could include a best of Fife food festival, an outdoor movie night, a concert, and events for youngsters.

The club, who will reach out to residents living around the stadium with further communication and a consultation event, to be announced in due course, say they also have a partnership in place with Stagecoach to allow anyone with a ticket for any of the events to travel free from anywhere in Scotland.

Speaking to the Press when we first reported plans for an East End fan zone in January, Fife provost, and Pars legend, Jim Leishman, said he was "sure there would be a great response, not only from the Dunfermline area but also from the rest of Fife".

And Dunfermline and West Fife MP, Douglas Chapman, added: "For those who can’t get to Germany, this is an opportunity to bring Scotland games to the big fan zone screen and allow our fans, who can’t travel, the chance to enjoy the games in a big match like atmosphere."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 10:24

I see how they refer to it as "The Dunfermline City Fan Zone", just quietly leaking the impending move to join the City group of clubs. I expect to see the club rebranded from Dunfermline Athletic to Dunfermline City ahead of next season where we will have half the side loaned to us from Manchester City
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 11:16

Vee, there was a big screen at the Town end and a smaller one facing the SW of the main stand.
All would have been well, just unfortunate it coincided with a howling westerly wind that blew the big one down or blew a hole in it ..can’t remember which.
Cue scramble to try and get a view of the wee one!
A great result though!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 13:27

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 14:35

Now that the dust has settled and we know a bit more about what is going to happen I must admit to a wee bit of disappointment. I thought they would be trying to utilise a bigger section of the stadium than just the Norrie. Similarly the scale of the other zones seems quite restricted given the scale of the event.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 14:36

They should do what Union Berlin done and put sofas and couches on the pitch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 14:59

I`d assume the screens will need to be bigger. If they`re that size then they`d be better having 4-6 and using the North Stand instead. Unlikely you`re going to be able to make out what`s going from the back of the Norrie unless the screens are bigger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 15:30

Perhaps the artists impression should`ve said `not to scale`?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 16:05

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 4 Apr 14:35

Now that the dust has settled and we know a bit more about what is going to happen I must admit to a wee bit of disappointment. I thought they would be trying to utilise a bigger section of the stadium than just the Norrie. Similarly the scale of the other zones seems quite restricted given the scale of the event.

Depends on the demand though doesn`t it?

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 16:21

We also need to bear in mind that we could have our first competitive game of the new season in the Viaplay Cup on the weekend of 13/14 July at home?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 16:26

Of course, EET. Don`t you think more than 600 would want to watch in Glasgow? It`s probably harder to gauge demand in Dunfermline as we haven`t had one there before. Leish seems to think it will attract fans from other parts of Fife but I wonder if it will.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 16:49

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 4 Apr 16:26

Of course, EET. Don`t you think more than 600 would want to watch in Glasgow? It`s probably harder to gauge demand in Dunfermline as we haven`t had one there before. Leish seems to think it will attract fans from other parts of Fife but I wonder if it will.

Honestly I`ve no idea but I`d hope your right and more would be up for it. I`ll certainly be at one here in Cologne.
Would be great if the Norrie was packed watching us scoosh the Germans etc

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 19:34

Maybe if we had an artificial surface more could have been done. Work will be getting done on pitch at that stage I would imagine.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 20:15

The picture above looks like they`ve proposing 40” screens…….they definitely need to be 50” (at least) I’d say. 40” just won’t work.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 22:13

Quote:

DunPar, Thu 4 Apr 20:15

The picture above looks like they`ve proposing 40” screens…….they definitely need to be 50” (at least) I’d say. 40” just won’t work.

Are you on a wind-up? People have bigger than 50" in their living rooms nowadays 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 5 Apr 18:38

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 4 Apr 11:16

Vee, there was a big screen at the Town end and a smaller one facing the SW of the main stand.
All would have been well, just unfortunate it coincided with a howling westerly wind that blew the big one down or blew a hole in it ..can’t remember which.
Cue scramble to try and get a view of the wee one!
A great result though!

We watched the one that went down.
Roy Barry’s finest hour in a Pars shirt, very closely followed by Jim Fraser.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 18:14

I must admit I’m pretty disappointed in this as it definitely has the potential to be a proper hub for the euros.

In my head I imagined it to be bigger than what’s been said considering it’s to be the biggest in Scotland. Something along the lines of what’s photographed at the Norrie but at the Cowden end as well and then a big telly along the NW with benches on the pitch. Much easier said than done i concede but I’ll give it a miss if it’s just the Norrie

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net