DAFC.net
Home 04 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Young Pars win SPFL Reserve League Cup
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 12:58

Perhaps I can be forgiven for starting a new thread – I think the young Pars’ success deserves a thread of its own rather than comments being slightly hidden on a thread about ticketing - perhaps Admin can merge or do some copy and paste trickery.

I think that’s the first time I’ve seen the Pars win a national trophy – I hadn’t felt that good since we won Quiz Ball in 1971.

And it was a reserve team, more of a youth team in fact. I think four of the starters hadn’t even featured in a first-team squad (the injury crises notwithstanding). I think they had 11 starts between them, the majority in the Challenge Cup (with a handful more in the League Cup against non-league teams).

We lined up like the first team – 3 centre-backs, Adamson and Hoggan as wing-backs, McLeod trying to dictate play with Rowe, the Sutherland brothers up front and Andrew Tod all over the place defying conventional description of his position.

We saw loads of the ball in the first period particularly down the left, but couldn’t carve out many clear cut opportunities – we had a couple of half chances but either the ball wouldn’t sit or we couldn’t find the corner. Both Tods looked threatening when they attacked but again were thwarted at the vital moment. And then of course Livi run down the park, a nice back heel creates space and a good cross is converted at the back post. But they didn’t let their heads go down – A Tod suddenly stepped up a gear and laid one on a plate for Jake to equalise.

The second half was more even I thought, but we still looked the likelier – a chipped A Tod free-kick came off the bar – and then Rennie hit a first time cross when the ball came back to him from a shy and Taylor somehow got a long range header up and beyond the keeper.

We never looked in real trouble – the defence was very calm (despite its youth) even when up against what looked like worrying strength and pace – did we have Che Reilly on trial at one point, possibly against Cove?

Overall, a very good performance – someone somewhere has done a very good job. There was one moment that I particularly enjoyed. Andrew Tod had a free-kick near the touchline – as he ran up to take it he signalled he was going to take it long, even shouted “back post”, then played it short. He seems to have a streak of gallusness to add to his other attributes.

It was good to see the all the family photos at the end – another two or three Sutherlands and Tods and we’d have a great team.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Young Pars win SPFL Reserve League Cup
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 13:08

Type "Dunfermline reserves" into Google and you`ll get a nice visual effect come up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Apr 13:52

Quote:

jake89, Wed 24 Apr 13:08

Type "Dunfermline reserves" into Google and you`ll get a nice visual effect come up.

Terrific!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 14:08

Well done to the reserve team on winning the league Cup. I thought they played some good football and were deserved winners. It reinforces the idea of a development system and facilities and hopefully they can go from strength to strength. Build it and they will come as they say.

Well done once again and they have reaped the reward of the hard work and effort they have put in over the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 16:14

Perhaps this has been covered elswhere already, but it would be great if there was a lap o honour by the Reserves at the ICT game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 25 Apr 16:35

I completely agree 👍🏼

https://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 26 Apr 21:27

Quote:

Ronaldo, Thu 25 Apr 16:14

Perhaps this has been covered elswhere already, but it would be great if there was a lap o honour by the Reserves at the ICT game.

Great idea Ronaldo
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net