DAFC.net
Home 16 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Games in Europe
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Tue 21 May 10:52

Just after a little bit of info, the lad an I have decided to do a couple of domestic european matches next season

Unsurprisingly he has chosen a Real Madrid home match and I want to do Dortmund.

Has anybody got any hints and tips on getting tickets for any of these 2 clubs.

Any other info for either would also be appreciated.

Post Edited (Tue 21 May 10:58)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Games in Europe
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 21 May 16:50

I can sort you out with BVB tix mate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 May 18:49

Really appreciate that BTP, I will drop you a line when fixtures are out if that’s ok.

Any other Dortmund hints and tips really appreciated.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 21 May 19:22

Quote:

FA1968, Tue 21 May 18:49

Really appreciate that BTP, I will drop you a line when fixtures are out if that’s ok.

No problem at all mate. Happy to help.

As for hints and tips. You have to go to the German Football Museum, which is right opposite the train station. Absolutely fantastic way to spend a few hours. BVB museum is cracking as well. That`s up at the stadium.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 21 May 20:25

Quote:

FA1968, Tue 21 May 18:49

To add to what Big T said, go early to the Westfalenstadion, take in the atmosphere outside the ground. Go to club shop, go to beer gardens and plenty Bratwurst and pommes.
The experience has to be more than just the football.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 May 21:06

Cheers BTP and dougle, sounds brill, I will be in touch next season BTP really appreciate it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 22 May 10:08

not just at Westfallen but ANYWHERE outside of scotland and go early and enjoy the build up. Not sure how we do it so badly here where the "gameday" is 14:55-16:50.

For real you will often pick up resale on viagogo or seatwave. Additionally some of the tourist offices sell them. Obviously bigger opponent the harder tickets would be. Always try an email to club as well as most do hold back an allocation for tourists and visitors. Have to say if can do weekend with both real and atleti at home its worth it!

We tend do do a "football week" around Oct time where we do a CL game Tues/Wed and EL/EC game on a thrusday. Some brilliant places to visit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 22 May 10:35

Pre match experience I thought was one of the key aspects our German Custodians were going to look at improving at our club but unfortunately I haven’t really seen anything different.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 22 May 11:35

Quote:

Berry, Wed 22 May 10:35

Pre match experience I thought was one of the key aspects our German Custodians were going to look at improving at our club but unfortunately I haven’t really seen anything different.

Not sure if it was ever a "key aspect" but given their background it`s probably correct that they would want to improve the matchday experience at EEP. More difficult if alcohol sales are prohibited, as so many fans see that as an essential pre-match ritual.

It may be one of the many things that "would be nice to do" but which are lower down the priority list for spending money or staff resources. It`s something you could ask about at a supporters` meeting and get a definitive answer.

The kids` play area in the Norrie concourse is perhaps one very small step.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[

Post Edited (Wed 22 May 12:12)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net