DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 GB News
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Thu 17 Jun 15:28

Anyone watched any of this? 😂

Enjoyed Andrew Neil trying to big up the Aussie Trade Deal. He gets plaudits for his interview style, but he's no really able to put forward much more than a pub level argument as far as I can see...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: GB News
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 17 Jun 22:49

Not seen it but believe they've had a lot of emails from Mike Hunt, Hugh Jass, Cleo Toros and Amanda Hugunkiz.

Looks awful based on the line up. The only good thing about it is it hopefully keeps these idiots off the TV people actually watch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Jun 23:37

By chance I just caught a discussion on Scottish independence hosted by an odious individual called Dan Wootton. The main contributor was American author Lionel Shriver (female) who had written a column saying Nicola Sturgeon should be given her referendum because dealing with the consequences of independence would be a nightmare for her. Not having read it I`m not sure how serious she was but Wootton seemed to think it was a great idea. It was the old argument about England subsidising the rest of the UK. She felt the same way about N Ireland although she had a sentimental attachment to it having lived there in the past.

I don`t know how often they interview people who don`t share their right-wing views but you would wonder how many would subject themselves to that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Jun 00:31

A gay kiwi is surely a massive no-no for GB News viewers? Coming over here, taking our jobs, turning our children into rainbow flag waving snowflakes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 18 Jun 10:16

Andrew Neill must have a great life stuck in his apartment in the South of France!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 18 Jun 13:09

Or spend the weekend in his Trump Tower apartment which he bought in 2002 for allegedly $2.1m
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Jun 09:39

https://grousebeater.wordpress.com/2021/06/18/an-irish-view-of-gb-news/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 09:33

It seems to be imploding. Some viewers don`t think it`s sufficiently right-wing! Recently it failed to register any viewers on the audience measurement system. Andrew Neil has decided to absent himself to his home in the south of France for a couple of weeks.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 12:16

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 17 Jul 09:33

It seems to be imploding. Some viewers don`t think it`s sufficiently right-wing! Recently it failed to register any viewers on the audience measurement system. Andrew Neil has decided to absent himself to his home in the south of France for a couple of weeks.

Great news, hopefully when he returns he'll have to spent a couple of weeks in hotel isolation
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 18:08

As a concept, GB News should really work given the right wing views that are popular in England but racists are a minority even given the huge voice they receive and I think the channel has overestimated their reach.
Nigel Farage has just announced he’s onboard now to make me point clearer.
Andrew Neil has distanced himself as others have while anti Scottish archaeologist Neil Oliver stays hippy but true to the union flag.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 18:56

GB News, despite its name, received considerable funding from the USA. Its vision of the UK, if Andrew Neil is anything to go by, will be very Thatcherite: pro NATO, pro business, pro monarchy; anti EU, anti trade union. The target audience is disgruntled Daily Express and Daily Mail readers who believe the BBC is riddled with Marxists. Latest rumour is about Nigel Farage being given a slot, which makes sense.

In less than a month all the GB News guff about offering a platform to a diverse range of political opinion has disintegrated at the first whiff of reduced advertising income. Andrew Neil successfully wrecked The Scotsman newspaper by changing its line to oppose Scottish independence and he will not rest until he has wrecked the BBC. His backers have deep pockets so don’t write off GB News quite yet.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 21:49

Plenty right wingers across "GB" but the issue is they don't need a whole channel dedicated to their cause. Nowadays these types can simply create a forum like this one to share their views and interpretations of news.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 22:07

Like you said earlier it puts them all onto one channel so you can easily avoid them. Like the Kremlin funded RT you won`t be watching GB News for actual news but just to get your opinions validated.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 17 Jul 22:21

But who doesn’t want their opinions validated? A hermit I would guess. The GB News serves the same purpose as Channel 4 News did when I was a UK resident: if you thought the BBC was too right wing you waited for Jon Snow at 7 o’clock to get a better grasp of things from a leftist viewpoint.

For me the game changer was the two days of the Orgreave picket in 1984. The BBC had mixed up the order of film, accidentally I am told, and shown pickets attacking police before the police attacked them: Channel 4 showed the order was actually the reverse: the police attacked the pickets on horseback and were later showered with stones when the pickets regrouped. Any Fifer I have spoken to since has validated the Channel 4 version of what took place. In fact the 9 o’clock news BBC news did eventually put the events in the correct order, clearly under pressure from Channel 4.

I do not think GB News would have any problem accidentally showing events in the wrong order.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 10:31

Katie Hopkins is looking for a new gig after being ditched by Big Brother Australia. She might even be deported.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Jul 14:34

KH, someone who would be first to criticise a single mum or a black man for not following the rules, "hilariously" breaks the rules on numerous occasions, records a video about it and then is outraged when she's punted. She's a horrid woman who shouldn't be given any air time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:03

Andrew Neil has resigned as chairman and lead presenter of the station but will be an occasional contributor to Nigel Farage`s programme.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 10:06

Brilliant news
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net