DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 First Voice
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 13:12

Interesting article,

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2023/11/19/first-voice/
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: First Voice
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 19 Nov 18:35

`But perhaps it’s not Alba, maybe it’s the broken system they’ve embraced? Running as a parallel SNP, albeit more decent and focused, may well be a losing strategy.`

It has proved to be so far and will likely be for the foreseeable future. The issue of abstentionism should indeed have been seriously considered on at least two occasions as highlighted in the article.

Craig Murray is trying to link the Palestine situation with a revival of the case for Independence and there may be a chance of that. The `two state solution` has been a method of stringing the Palestinians along since no right wing Israeli government has the slightest intention of agreeing to any such thing. The same applies to Conservative or Labour administrations at Westminster in respect of Scottish Independence.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 08:46

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2023/11/18/a-new-scottish-constitutional-convention/

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2023/11/20/i-agree-with-mary/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 10:40

I never find comparisons particularly helpful as they are based on known quantities. A bit like Brexit, you can`t predict how Scotland will perform as an independent country. All the numbers seem based on a status quo, which is quite ridiculous.

What we do know, is that whoever leads Scotland needs held to account, as do the opposition.

I was reading today that Labour are putting in place a candidate in Livingston who has previously posted some pretty bigoted views on social media (now deleted) claiming she doesn`t trust Scots (she is Scottish herself) as Scots don`t protect Catholics. So a person potentially representing a unionist party thinks "Scots" can`t be trusted to not abuse Catholics. Honestly couldn`t make it up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 12:01

Does anyone trust politicians to achieve independence for Scotland or should we now create an opportunity for ourselves away from the unachievable political one ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 12:33

Quote:

jake89, Mon 20 Nov 10:40

I never find comparisons particularly helpful as they are based on known quantities. A bit like Brexit, you can`t predict how Scotland will perform as an independent country. All the numbers seem based on a status quo, which is quite ridiculous.

What we do know, is that whoever leads Scotland needs held to account, as do the opposition.

I was reading today that Labour are putting in place a candidate in Livingston who has previously posted some pretty bigoted views on social media (now deleted) claiming she doesn`t trust Scots (she is Scottish herself) as Scots don`t protect Catholics. So a person potentially representing a unionist party thinks "Scots" can`t be trusted to not abuse Catholics. Honestly couldn`t make it up.

She can`t even trust the Labour Party not to abuse Catholics since they have elected representatives who are members of the Orange Order. One of them is an ex Grand Wizard of the OO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 20 Nov 12:39

Quote:

Tenruh, Mon 20 Nov 12:01

Does anyone trust politicians to achieve independence for Scotland or should we now create an opportunity for ourselves away from the unachievable political one ?

I think there are politicians who could really push independence, but they`re across multiple parties.

I also think there`s a real challenge to run a country AND fight for its independence at the same time.

Finally, there are too many absolute wallopers on both sides of the independence argument who make a mockery of a very serious issue.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net