DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Banned From Football
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 07:10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ceklzk88dv2o

A Newcastle fan has been banned from St James by the EPL for non footballing comments she made on social media. She`s going to fight it in court and it will be interesting how it goes as that will set quite a precedent.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Banned From Football
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 07:13

They told us this would happen when the SNP introduced their disgusting hate crime bill. Oh, no, wait.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 09:55

That is really sinister behaviour by both NUFC and the Premier League. It`s ridiculous that we live in a world where police don`t have the resources to investigate thefts and actual criminal activity but they do have the time to trawl through social media posts and question people for writing words that some people might not like.
I`m not sure what she wrote, probably something factually correct like, if you are born with a Willy you are a man not a woman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 10:34

Banned for stating she didnt believe transgender men should be allowed to compete in female sports and share changing rooms………

Is this really what the world has come to?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 11:10

Transgender men are people who were born female but want to identify as male. Why would they want to compete in female sport?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 17:53

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/linzi-smith-banned-spied-on/

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 19:16

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 27 Apr 11:10

Transgender men are people who were born female but want to identify as male. Why would they want to compete in female sport?

Well.. regardless of whether they want to or not, they should.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 21:41

Would the follow up of 1984 be called 2024?
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Apr 22:57

We have lost our way and worse it yet to come.

The past is a foreign country they do things differently there.

I want to go home.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 08:31

"Well.. regardless of whether they want to or not, they should."

Straightforward solution - transgender athletes to compete only against similar biological converts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 08:55

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 28 Apr 08:31

Straightforward solution - transgender athletes to compete only against similar biological converts.

That`s the only fair solution tbh. Non-binary competitions.

Can you imagine a trans woman boxing a biological woman? Even in the same weight category the trans woman could cause serious damage.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 09:04

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 28 Apr 08:31

Probably an even more straightforward solution is that everyone just accepts the reality of the situation - if you are born male, then you are male. The relevant mental health support should be provided for those who identify as anything else
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 11:14

But that`s clearly not the reality of the situation.

It never has been and to insist that it is is frankly ignorant of the clear evidence throughout history and across cultures.

Some cultures are just better at accepting it. Just like some cultures are better at accepting same sex relationships or inter-racial ones.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 13:00

Sort of getting away from the point I was trying to raise a discussion on when I started this thread. Should views that someone holds, that they express away from a football ground, be used to then ban them from a football stadium? Of course football clubs and leagues aren`t public services and can withhold their business from whomever they please I suppose as long as it isn`t based on sex, race or religion.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 13:20

It depends what those views are. There`s a difference in someone saying:

"I don`t agree with X"

And

"X are subhuman scum"

Unless they`re from Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Apr 16:51

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 28 Apr 13:00

Sort of getting away from the point I was trying to raise a discussion on when I started this thread. Should views that someone holds, that they express away from a football ground, be used to then ban them from a football stadium? Of course football clubs and leagues aren`t public services and can withhold their business from whomever they please I suppose as long as it isn`t based on sex, race or religion.

As long as its not abusive then no. They weren’t abusive, they just state that female sports should only be competed in by biological females. Which is a valid point in the argument of gender issues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 09:13

To be fair the world has gone mad with this non binary stuff. Each to their own but no way should woman and men be competing in a physical sport like football, boxing etc. Christ in America kids are being defined as cats and dogs known as "furries" and treated like animals in school...

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 10:03

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 30 Apr 09:13

Christ in America kids are being defined as cats and dogs known as "furries" and treated like animals in school...

[URL=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_boxes_in_schools_hoax#:~:text=The%20claims%20have%20been%20described,misinformation%20circulated%20on%20social%20media.]That`s a far right lie.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Apr 10:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 13:43

That is a kinda an example of a wider issue, where people, thanks to social media echo chambers and thought silo’d incremental steps, can end up believing anything that is presented to them that supports their shared narrative.
The secondary issue is that these things are just repeated and displayed as fact to further give it credibility for others to then simply accept and repeat that cycle
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 16:23

The media is obsessed with gender issues and spreading mistruths. I`m sure we`ve all heard these stories about litter trays in class rooms and kids identifying as house plants. I`m sure there have been occurrences but not to the point it merits being covered in the press.

Politicians skirt around the issue, and it`s not an easy one to resolve as I expect the answer in many cases is "it depends". It reminds me of the Limmy sketch: Click here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 30 Apr 21:49

If your a woman or a man and decide to bat for the other team/ be transgender then you still play a part in your genders sport..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 1 May 11:36

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 1 May 12:38

Quote:

Wotsit, Tue 30 Apr 10:03

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 30 Apr 09:13

Christ in America kids are being defined as cats and dogs known as "furries" and treated like animals in school...

[URL=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_boxes_in_schools_hoax#:~:text=The%20claims%20have%20been%20described,misinformation%20circulated%20on%20social%20media.]That`s a far right lie.

And gobbled up by the right wing to nobodies surprise
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 1 May 12:39

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 1 May 11:36

Wimbledon soon. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if a hairy arms/legs person in frilly panties competes in the Ladies singles. They will have more than a tennis ball tucked under their skirt…

You really are an absolute weirdo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 1 May 12:49

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 14:22

Quote:

Wimbledon soon. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if a hairy arms/legs person in frilly panties competes in the Ladies singles. They will have more than a tennis ball tucked under their skirt…

Honestly, its staggering how you manage to get through life with comments like this. How admin on here haven’t removed you already is also disgraceful for the amount of bile and vitriol that you come out with.

But no doubt I will be called the snowflake…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 15:20

How admin on here haven’t removed you already is also disgraceful

Admin here is more concerned with pruriently policing naughty words than they are about dangerous extreme-right rhetoric.

In fact, it`s not so long ago that such rhetoric was on the front page of this website in an infamous series of vile articles.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 16:48

It`s just a bit pathetic tbh. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you don`t need to make jokes. I`m sure we all do from time to time without intending to hurt feelings (I`m no saint!) but daft comments about trans sports people isn`t helpful with either side of the argument.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 May 20:11

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 1 May 14:22

Quote:

Honestly, its staggering how you manage to get through life with comments like this. How admin on here haven’t removed you already is also disgraceful for the amount of bile and vitriol that you come out with
But no doubt I will be called the snowflake…

To be honest, I was more concerned with the imagination that Parboiled had put into his post. I bet he was sitting there, eyes glazed, drool dripping down his chin as he pictured these trans athletes in their "frilly panties"....sounded quite into it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 4 May 10:27

I need to dig more worms up…🎣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 May 10:45

Yeah, you should be a fishing master. So good 🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 4 May 21:04

Bigot has his paper marked. Imagine living a life being so bigoted. So sad.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net