DAFC.net
Home 06 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Re: Scottish club football
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 09:16

Yes, I agree with the above. I suppose it depends on how you view success and what the success factors are. For me it`s about building the club into the culture and fabric of the city, developing younger players into good professionals, good performances on the park, exciting games you want to see on a Saturday and developing the ckub as a day out as family entertainment. A purely financial focus will not automatically lead to success, and I don`t see that premiership football should be the sole focus and means to that end. I still see a lot of groundwork needs to be done to bring in the crowds, and they are growing, so it looks like the club is going in the right direction. What fans and supporters do is buy into the club and the club culture and ethos providing resilience during difficult times. Case in point is the trouble the club went through only a few seasons ago. The people there to save the club were the fans, not TV revenues, football institutions, or a wealthy financial donator.

Personally I think the club will grow in the next 3 to 5 years, and promotion will come but not at the expense of unsustainable financial models or single donations by wealthy business men to buy players that we can`t afford long term.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish club football
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 12:19

Out in Tenerife just now and the place is swarming with overweight males & females wearing Celtic strips as they head for the pub to watch live coverage of the 12.30 kick off!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net