DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SRJ Windows Advert
Topic Originator: Stevie Nicks  
Date:   Thu 5 Oct 21:43

SRJ windows have a billboard advert at the traffic lights on Appin Crescent. It looks great (IMHO) and states how proud they are to be sponsors of DAFC and shows different players from the past seasons all wearing the SRJ logo on their Pars tops - I recognise them all bar 1 player and just wondered if any of the experts on here can name all the nine players shown?

“It’s not the name and number on the back of the shirt that counts… it’s the badge on the front”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: SRJ Windows Advert
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 5 Oct 22:54

Good company, and it`s great that they have supported The Pars through thick and thin. When you compare them to their down market local competitor (who allegedly made their money in the early days by paying kids to go around smashing windows on council buildings, and have only put money into weegie teams), they have really been there for Dunfermline
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 06:02

Post a picture of it?

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 12:46

Didn’t think they had supported the pars all that long?

Not sure who you mean in terms of local competitor red star? We have tried SRJ for quotes over last few years and they have been beaten on price each time and the last time we enquired and will enquire with them the salesman literally would not leave my house without me signing on the dotted line right there and then, I refused and it became very awkward, these tactics should be long gone. But aside from that they are defo seen as a company that do the job to a high standard and have high quality products.

Post Edited (Fri 06 Oct 18:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 13:43

SRJ have been involved since around the time we came out of admin as far as I recall.

I`ve never been quoted but have heard they`re on the more expensive side but also very good fitters.

I suspect the other local supplier is the one who used to sponsor Celtic. A neighbour used them recently. Not heard anything positive or negative but I did see them do the rear windows and I was genuinely waiting to hear a crash as it looked very sketchy!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 13:46

Quote:

jake89, Fri 6 Oct 13:43

SRJ have been involved since around the time we came out of admin as far as I recall.

I`ve never been quoted but have heard they`re on the more expensive side but also very good fitters.

I suspect the other local supplier is the one who used to sponsor Celtic. A neighbour used them recently. Not heard anything positive or negative but I did see them do the rear windows and I was genuinely waiting to hear a crash as it looked very sketchy!

If you mean CR Smith, they used to sponsor both Celtic and Rangers - it would have been financial suicide to sponsor just one or the other.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 13:57

Quote:

We got our new door and windows from them (CR Smith) but they weren’t fitted by them. Had issues with one window and now the door, which they fitted some “great anti burglar lock” on rather than a normal one, is nearly unusable and bent a key - its 3 years old 🙄 only went through them as the fitters got trade price!

Post Edited (Fri 06 Oct 13:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 14:55

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 6 Oct 13:46

Quote:

If you mean CR Smith, they used to sponsor both Celtic and Rangers - it would have been financial suicide to sponsor just one or the other.

Fair point, though in my lifetime they`ve only ever sponsored Celtic 😉

The lads I saw doing the neighbours windows had CR Smith gear on and it was a bit Chuckle Brothers.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 15:00

Unless your company (Magners )buys into the plastic paddy leanings of those Cellic supporters .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 15:22

Sorry East End Tales, I did take a photo of said billboard fully intending to add it to my OP but I cant work out how you add it to the message

“It’s not the name and number on the back of the shirt that counts… it’s the badge on the front”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Fri 6 Oct 17:55

The incidents of window stoneing were reported in the Dunfermline Press when they occured many years ago. It was not CR Smiths.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 20:04

Noticed this earlier.
From memory it goes

Faissal el Bakhtaoui
Ryan Williamson
Declan McManus
James Craigen
Lee Ashcroft
Kevin Nisbet
Fraser Murray
Lewis McCann
Ewan Otoo.

Not 100% sure it is Ashcroft. Memory ain`t what it used to be 😂

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 23:25

Cheers Dpard - Craigen was the one I didn’t recognise.

Your memory is pretty sound BTW as I’ve just looked at the photo on my phone and it’s as follows:

FEB, Williamson, Mcmanus, Craigen, Nisbet, F Murray, Comrie, McCann. Otoo

Post Edited (Sat 07 Oct 23:40)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net