DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SPFL CH scores FT
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 15:27

Airdrie 1-2 Ayr United
Raith Rovers 1-1 Dundee United
ICT 0-0 Partick Thistle
Queens Park 0-0 Morton

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Sat 07 Oct 16:57)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: SPFL CH scores
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 16:02

Wee team doing well. Can they push on and pip Dundee Utd to top spot or will Dundee Utd do what they did last week and run riot in the second half?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 16:27

Ayr are 2-0 up at Airdrie. Has buffy fallen asleep?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 16:28

Rovers 1-1
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 16:30

I was away for ma lunch 😂

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
 Re: SPFL CH scores FT
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 17:14

All results went our way today. Up to us now to get the wins to catch up

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 17:15

Good results for the pars the day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 19:31

Didn`t lose much ground and rested some injuries. Worked out well for us.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 19:38

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 7 Oct 19:31

Didn`t lose much ground and rested some injuries. Worked out well for us.

Agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 7 Oct 19:38

Still 6 points clear and now with a game in hand, still looking good 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 07:08

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sat 7 Oct 19:38

Let`s look up the table and see who we can catch, rather than over our shoulder, alwaysaPar. You surely wouldn`t want the team going into a game feeling fearful?

Yesterday`s results have shown that the teams at the foot aren`t ready to roll over just yet, but I`m thinking about the Pars finishing in the top 4 for a free shot at promotion, rather than merely trying to avoid relegation. I`m willing to bet McPake and Mackay are cultivating the same positive mindset in the squad.

"If you think you can win, you might. If you think you might lose, you`ve lost."

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 08:40

First things first, let`s not fall straight back down and undo all that hard work last season.

Very confident that won`t be the case but we need to be humble about jumping up a level, we`re going to take defeats and drop points more often.

We`re more than capable on our day of beating anyone though. Especially with a full squad.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 10:52

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 8 Oct 07:08

Quote:

Let`s look up the table and see who we can catch, rather than over our shoulder, alwaysaPar. You surely wouldn`t want the team going into a game feeling fearful?

Yesterday`s results have shown that the teams at the foot aren`t ready to roll over just yet, but I`m thinking about the Pars finishing in the top 4 for a free shot at promotion, rather than merely trying to avoid relegation. I`m willing to bet McPake and Mackay are cultivating the same positive mindset in the squad.

"If you think you can win, you might. If you think you might lose, you`ve lost."

I would hate to think the team are going into a game looking at the league table.
I`ve extreme confidence that our management team would be concentrating on that days opposition and the best way to get the best result possible.
I`m also quite confident that the management aren`t making statements to the team about finishing in the first 4.
The fact that you want to take my comment being anything other than positive is maybe how you want to perceive it.
This league has shown, especially over the last few years, that every team can compete at the same level, so forgive me if I would rather be positive about making sure our results are enough to make sure that we are safe from relegation first and then once that is achieved to look ahead to see what the next target could be
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 13:26

Quote:

Quote:

Disagree, no reason we can`t win the league.

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 08:42

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 8 Oct 10:52

Quote:

Quote:

I would hate to think the team are going into a game looking at the league table.
I`ve extreme confidence that our management team would be concentrating on that days opposition and the best way to get the best result possible.
I`m also quite confident that the management aren`t making statements to the team about finishing in the first 4.
The fact that you want to take my comment being anything other than positive is maybe how you want to perceive it.
This league has shown, especially over the last few years, that every team can compete at the same level, so forgive me if I would rather be positive about making sure our results are enough to make sure that we are safe from relegation first and then once that is achieved to look ahead to see what the next target could be

Obviously, it`s a question of interpretation, and we`re not going to fall out about that. I didn`t see your post as positive, which is how you meant it to be. I`d have said we`re still only a point off the top 4 rather than highlight the foot of the table. Human nature being what it is, the players and management will certainly look at the league table, especially after a good result and while McPake and Mackay are unlikely to put the players under pressure by talking about promotion, I doubt the relegation word will be used either, as that brings different pressures.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 10:03

On the matter of injuries, I noticed Morton only had three subs available on Saturday and had committed the two outfield ones with about 20 minutes to go.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 10:07

They weren`t injuries apparently, was said on the radio that some of their players got stuck in the floods...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 10:18

Cheers! I`ve just checked the match report and that was the case. I wonder what would have happened if they couldn`t raise a starting XI?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 11:20

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 9 Oct 08:42

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 8 Oct 10:52

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously, it`s a question of interpretation, and we`re not going to fall out about that. I didn`t see your post as positive, which is how you meant it to be. I`d have said we`re still only a point off the top 4 rather than highlight the foot of the table. Human nature being what it is, the players and management will certainly look at the league table, especially after a good result and while McPake and Mackay are unlikely to put the players under pressure by talking about promotion, I doubt the relegation word will be used either, as that brings different pressures.

In this league as it has been shown recently, you can find yourself a point off the top 4 at the same time as being 2 points of the relegation play off spot, hence my reasoning that after being promoted last season, then staying in the league is the first priority, after that, as I said, other targets can be looked at.

League tables after a game, yes, before a game, no, as I alluded to above

You did say about cultivating a positive mindset after talking about having a free shot at promotion, you were in fact willing to bet on it, hence the reason for my comment about the management team not talking about it

Obviously it is about interpretation, so why you decided to question me about making the team fearful without asking my reasons, so it maybe didn`t seem that obvious to you at that time 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 12:25

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Mon 9 Oct 11:20

In this league as it has been shown recently, you can find yourself a point off the top 4 at the same time as being 2 points of the relegation play off spot, hence my reasoning that after being promoted last season, then staying in the league is the first priority, after that, as I said, other targets can be looked at.

You did say about cultivating a positive mindset after talking about having a free shot at promotion, you were in fact willing to bet on it, hence the reason for my comment about the management team not talking about it

Obviously it is about interpretation, so why you decided to question me about making the team fearful without asking my reasons, so it maybe didn`t seem that obvious to you at that time 👍

I left out the earlier quotes as we might struggle to fit in anything else.

I latched on to your original post, which highlighted that we were 6 pts clear (off the foot of the table) and saw that as a negative way of looking at it, hence my (unjust) accusation, calling it fearful. I don`t think the manager will be talking to his players about promotion, but I absolutely do believe he will be cultivating a positive mindset. Mindset is a prominent topic in Scottish primary schools and I know for a fact that all the players think it is absolutely indispensable to have a positive outlook before any game and the first thing that happens after a poor result is to try and learn lessons from that game and then confine it to the bin.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 12:54

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 9 Oct 12:25

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Mon 9 Oct 11:20

I left out the earlier quotes as we might struggle to fit in anything else.

I latched on to your original post, which highlighted that we were 6 pts clear (off the foot of the table) and saw that as a negative way of looking at it, hence my (unjust) accusation, calling it fearful. I don`t think the manager will be talking to his players about promotion, but I absolutely do believe he will be cultivating a positive mindset. Mindset is a prominent topic in Scottish primary schools and I know for a fact that all the players think it is absolutely indispensable to have a positive outlook before any game and the first thing that happens after a poor result is to try and learn lessons from that game and then confine it to the bin.

Totally agree
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net