DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 08:35

At Stark’s Park yesterday. Pretty damn good considering the weather.

Surely we can look forward to a bumper crowd when Utd visit in spring…7500 maybe?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 6808
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 10:44

It was a good crowd. Absolutely peak Rovers and they just break the 3000 barrier....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 10:56

I`d like to think we`d get over 8000 for a game against Dundee Utd (at least). Just hope we can be up there with them when the time comes. With our team fully fit, I see no major gap between us, Raith and Utd ability wise. We`re just ridiculously short of depth at the moment due to the big injury list.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 11:49

I was gonna try be clever with a play on words - Arabs,Spring sort of thing but not today...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 18:28

Is our home game v Dundee utd not live on bbc Scotland and a Friday night .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 19:07

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 8 Oct 18:28

It is. November 10th. I`ll take bets that the BBC will do the same again next March. I really hate this arrangement. TheTV money goes into a pot and most of it goes to the Premiership clubs. The Pars share will come nowhere near to making up to the loss incurred at the gate by moving it from the Saturday.

We had a similar arrangement in the top flight, some 20 years ago. The game chosen for TV was moved to a Sunday pm and invariably involved either Celtic or Rangers as the away team. The home team got £50k. John Yorkston told me that just about offset the loss at the gate. The visitors got £45k where normally they`d get hee haw. And so the rich got richer....

When are the disadvantaged clubs going to grow a set and tell the SPFL they`re not having this?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sun 8 Oct 23:41

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 8 Oct 19:07

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 8 Oct 18:28

It is. November 10th. I`ll take bets that the BBC will do the same again next March. I really hate this arrangement. TheTV money goes into a pot and most of it goes to the Premiership clubs. The Pars share will come nowhere near to making up to the loss incurred at the gate by moving it from the Saturday.

We had a similar arrangement in the top flight, some 20 years ago. The game chosen for TV was moved to a Sunday pm and invariably involved either Celtic or Rangers as the away team. The home team got £50k. John Yorkston told me that just about offset the loss at the gate. The visitors got £45k where normally they`d get hee haw. And so the rich got richer....

When are the disadvantaged clubs going to grow a set and tell the SPFL they`re not having this?

Never likely to happen...but would anyone take any notice anyway ?

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 9 Oct 09:53

"I`ll take bets that the BBC will do the same again next March."

I`d possibly take that bet. I think if Rovers are still anywhere near the top then our second home game on TV will be the home Derby.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net