DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Italy Internationals Under Investigation
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 13:27

Newcastle`s Sandro Tonali, Villa`s Nicolò Zaniolo and Juve`s Nicolò Fagioli are accused of betting on sporting events, something which is strictly forbidden by the Italian FA. Tonali and Zaniolo have been sent home from Coverciano, Italy`s training headquarters, ahead of their qualifiers v Malta and England.

https://football-italia.net/corona-juventus-knew-about-fagioli-betting-and-failed-to-report-it/

A lengthy ban awaits all three players if they`re found guilty and others may follow. Italian football seems to lurch from one scandal to another.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67085496

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Fri 13 Oct 13:40)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Italy Internationals Under Investigation
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 15:54

If they aren`t betting on their games it`s not really a huge scandal. Ivan Toney was done for doing the same thing and I assume Newcastle will be without their talismanic Italian for th best part of a season once his punishment gets dished out.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 16:45

Hopefully, he`s banned before the BVB game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 19:59

Italian football in corruption shock!

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 20:13

Quote:

EastEndTales, Fri 13 Oct 19:59

Italian football in corruption shock!

You`re getting a bit ahead of yourself, EET. There is no suggestion of corruption. Footballers in Italy are not permitted to bet on anything. Not even a game in the Scottish Highland League.

Tonali and Zaniolo have admitted only to betting online at poker and blackjack. The 3rd player under investigation, Fagioli of Juventus, did bet on football matches while at Roma, but never on games involving his own team. He`s allegedly run up debts of hundreds of thousands of euros. Obviously addicted and perhaps more deserving of compassion than condemnation.

The paparazzi journalist who spilt the beans is a diehard Inter fan. He`s suggesting Juve should be relegated as a result! I`m no Juve fan but that`s nonsense. A club cannot be held responsible for the actions of one of its players in his own time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 21:13

This should be seen as a positive for the Italian FA imo. They’ve obviously made these rules because of what has happened in the past. Rather than seeing it as “same old Italy” it should be seen as the Italian FA trying to show that they won’t leave themselves open to any type of corruption. Fair play.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 05:16

Quote:

allparone, Fri 13 Oct 21:13

This should be seen as a positive for the Italian FA imo. They’ve obviously made these rules because of what has happened in the past. Rather than seeing it as “same old Italy” it should be seen as the Italian FA trying to show that they won’t leave themselves open to any type of corruption. Fair play.

This. I couldn`t have put it any better. Thanks, allparone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 11:17

Tongue firmly in cheek of course. I love a country that has Tennants Super in every kiosk even if its minging.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 12:21

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sat 14 Oct 11:17

Tongue firmly in cheek of course. I love a country that has Tennants Super in every kiosk even if its minging.

I didn’t know about it’s popularity until I went to Ischia a few years ago. I first noticed the blue Tennents Super parasols outside a bar there. I wondered how they’d managed to end up in a place like that :-). It wasn’t until I seen the bottles in shops, bars and menus that I realised it was actually a popular drink in Italy.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net