DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Youth Cup
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 21:17

Pars beat St Mirren 4-2 on penalties following 2-2 draw after 90 minutes.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youth Cup
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 21:28

Great result and a few boys starting were only 15/16 year olds plus a sub goalie only 14(he’s deffo one to watch when he gets a chance) Used to coach some of these lads at grassroots level and they were good players and glad to see them progressing.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 13 Oct 22:35

Well done youth team! I`d imagine the St Mirren will have a decent youth squad with the players they`ve produced in the last few years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sat 14 Oct 00:19

That was fun! There must have been 200 plus there?

We would have been unlucky to lose – played some good stuff, scored two excellent goals but gave away two bad ones. Tired towards the end but held on then a very good shoot-out. It looked a very young side to me (but these days even the first team look impossibly youthful).

All the goals came in the second half – Hoggan cut inside and squared to Bell who curled one in at the far post.
A disappointing equaliser – a hurried clearance came straight back and the ball found its way behind the right back and the boy finished well.
A superb 2nd goal – I think it was Hoggan again who played in Rowe who beat one man, advanced into the box (rather easily) and instead of shooting chose to take on another player before finishing from about 3 yards out.
Another mistake for the second equaliser- rather than clear, McHale left it for the keeper and the boy nipped in between them.

There seemed to be some confusion about whether there was extra time – some people went home anyway thinking it was a draw, and the ref disappeared up the tunnel – perhaps he was checking the rules.

Some brief comments on the players.

Meikle is very small for a keeper, but good positional sense and a good shot stopper. Became the hero with his 2 penalty saves.

Young looked composed as you’d expect from a relatively senior player

Every time I see Hoggan he’s playing a different position – this time LM – did well for our goals, but looked happier when he moved to LB later on.

McLeod seemed to be the designated playmaker, dropping back to get the ball from the keeper.

Bell and Beveridge looked small and nippy.

Freddie Rowe is the one that caught my eye – looks tall and a little awkward but has skill and looked dangerous running at the defence.

Tod had a tough gig – a little isolated at the top; reminded me of Niall Quinn but he runs just like his father - played a lot of first time flicks. Some worked, some didn’t.

Especially good to see the 3 keepers hugging each other at the end – suggests there is a good team spirit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 10:35

Next Round

Dunfermline Athletic F.C. v Heart of Midlothian F.C.
4th Round
24/11/2023 7:00pm Kdm Group East End Park

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 27 Oct 11:15

Good to see that they`ve decided to play at East End again.

Although, if the weather is bad and we`re drawn at home in the cup the next day, I guess they may change it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net