DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Raith Rovers James McPake + Owen Moffatt
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 12:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMgRlcVb0oQ?si

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmYkY8g3POs?si

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEw9qqOzYGI?si

Post Edited (Sun 29 Oct 13:18)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Raith Rovers
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 12:29

I think the highlights give a pretty accurate picture of the flow of the game. We had the better of it but just couldn`t convert our superior possession into a goal or two. There were no glaring misses just a lack of power or accuracy at the vital moment. In comparison Stanton got the benefit of a wee deflection and hit a snap shot which crept in at the corner of the goal. The fact that they made their keeper the MOM says it all really.

Post Edited (Sun 29 Oct 12:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 12:40

"Rovers sussed us out" tho....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 12:53

Aye, just as Ayr sussed us out last week. Surprisingly, Morton then sussed Ayr out this week.

Most games in this league are decided on `moments` rather than brilliant tactical manoeuvres.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 13:20

Not having been at the game, looking at those highlights we do look to have played pretty well particularly in the first half. Their keeper was certainly the busier. Looks like we are crying out for an instinctive finisher but we have been saying that for a couple of seasons now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 13:48

Like most folk I am gutted at losing a goal so late on , plus that`s twice now in the league we have been the better team and absolutely zero points to show from these games !
But if you do not take any of your chances when they come along you won`t win games
On our shooting it`s always hurried and powder puff ! Our chances seem to fall to the wrong folk too , on to Friday night it`s another hard game and with our record there it`s also a hard place for us to get a result !
But after the performance yesterday, if we can put in the same effort and take our chances we can come away with the 3 points
Cmon Ye Pars
PS! Hope Stanton isn't playing for Raith next game that's twice he's undone us

Post Edited (Sun 29 Oct 14:03)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Raith Rovers James McPake + Owen Moffatt
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 13:52

Conroe’s was the most glaring miss following the save from Moffats ****. He hit it straight at the keeper when he needed to show a bit of composure and pick his spot.
There was also a great chance for Jakubiak in the first half when he seemed to get his feet mixed up at the edge of the box, but this wasn’t shown on the highlights.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Raith Rovers James McPake Owen Moffatt
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 17:58

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 29 Oct 12:53

Aye, just as Ayr sussed us out last week. Surprisingly, Morton then sussed Ayr out this week.

Most games in this league are decided on `moments` rather than brilliant tactical manoeuvres.

Spot on with the moments statement. We are a solid team, and they took their ‘moment’. I wasn’t overly impressed with Raith and they’ll not get away with that every week.

I think if KRH and Todd hit the ground running which I admit isn’t likely with missing most of preseason and being out for so long but I think we could be top 4 contenders.

Also if Bene had stayed on the pitch I believe we would’ve won that game shows the impact he has on this team in that first half.
[IP address logged]
-
 Re: Highlights Raith Rovers James McPake + Owen Moffatt
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 29 Oct 18:44

Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Sun 29 Oct 12:53

Thats for sure wee eck .. COYP

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Raith Rovers James McPake Owen Moffatt
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 30 Oct 06:22

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 29 Oct 12:29

I think the highlights give a pretty accurate picture of the flow of the game. We had the better of it but just couldn`t convert our superior possession into a goal or two. There were no glaring misses just a lack of power or accuracy at the vital moment. In comparison Stanton got the benefit of a wee deflection and hit a snap shot which crept in at the corner of the goal. The fact that they made their keeper the MOM says it all really.

That’s how I saw the game too. A very different performance to the previous two games. We pressed them well and was nice to see us get the ball forward much faster and more directly. We didn’t deserve to lose that game against the second top team away from home.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net