DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next 4 weeks decides our season
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 07:20

We are about to enter the most exciting part of the season so far. During the next four weeks, we can jump into title contention. Alternatively, we can call it a day and spend the rest of the season seeking to avoid relegation or a relegation play-off.

The timing of our injured players returning could not be more convenient, for after we play Morton on Friday, we have four home games - against Dundee United, ICT, Arbroath, and Queens Park.

The optimist in me says we can win all five. And if so, that would put us very comfortably in the play-off slots and breathing down the neck of the Arabs.

That has to be our target pre-Christmas.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next 4 weeks decides our season
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 08:25

I agree, all those games are very possible to win. The Dundee United one will be the sternest test, but they were lucky to get a point against us on their home turf so we should be confident of getting something from all these games. I don`t subscribe to the theory we are in a relegation battle. Once the injuries clear up, we will kick on for promotion
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 08:50

Whatever happened to that old footballing adage `one game at a time`?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 10:07

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 2 Nov 07:20

We are about to enter the most exciting part of the season so far. During the next four weeks, we can jump into title contention. Alternatively, we can call it a day and spend the rest of the season seeking to avoid relegation or a relegation play-off.

The timing of our injured players returning could not be more convenient, for after we play Morton on Friday, we have four home games - against Dundee United, ICT, Arbroath, and Queens Park.

The optimist in me says we can win all five. And if so, that would put us very comfortably in the play-off slots and breathing down the neck of the Arabs.

That has to be our target pre-Christmas.

Target is to win the next game, simple.......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 10:33

100%. One game at a time.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 10:55

Friday is a massive game for both clubs. For all the doom and gloom of the last 3 league matches a win takes us up to 4th with a game in hand on most of the league. If we can get Todd/KRH back to fitness in November that`s a huge bonus too.

If the team performs like they did last weekend against Raith away (but find their shooting boots) I`d be pretty confident of getting 3 points.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 11:17

FFS I`m starting to feel excited about Fridays game now.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 00:24

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 2 Nov 08:25

I agree, all those games are very possible to win. The Dundee United one will be the sternest test, but they were lucky to get a point against us on their home turf so we should be confident of getting something from all these games. I don`t subscribe to the theory we are in a relegation battle. Once the injuries clear up, we will kick on for promotion

They were lucky back then but it looks like they have seriously got their act together since then. Some scarey results lately.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 05:56

I might have agreed with the OP if he`d posted it next April. 😀

As it is, the next 4 weeks could certainly provide some indication as to which front we might be compe1ting on, but more than likely, most of the 10 teams will be as tightly bunched as they are now. That`s because they`re all of similar ability and can all beat anyone else on a good day, with the possible exception of Dundee United.

I`m sure our management team will never look any further than the next game, although they may go and take in a game v a future opponent if the fixtures allow it. e.g. they may well decide to go and watch United v ICT tomorrow as the squad will have a day off.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net