DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Livingston
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 7 Dec 08:26

Last night on STV news Martindale, from Livingston FC was on defending their plastic pitch and the money it would cost to replace, including alternate training facilities.

He was arguing that it was setting up an elite league and they were being bumped, Kilmarnock are going back to grass, so who is pulling the strings for this move?

Meanwhile down Starks Park they might have to reacess their budget should the change come, as it inevitably will.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Livingston
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Thu 7 Dec 11:26

Not really sure what he`s on about saying they have no alternative training facilities when there are literally two full size astro pitches right outside their stadium that all of their other teams use.

Stair Maistreas na Beatha
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 7 Dec 15:41

The Rangers don’t get as many penalties on Astro ;-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Dec 16:33

Quote:

Digs, Thu 7 Dec 11:26

Not really sure what he`s on about saying they have no alternative training facilities when there are literally two full size astro pitches right outside their stadium that all of their other teams use.

I thought that strange as well, used to take my son through for training mid 90`s, wasn`t sure if they were still there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 8 Dec 08:26

There isnt 2, there`s 1 which is essentially unplayable due to the use on it and can be hired by anyone ie Sunday amateur, over 35s and 100s of kids per week.

There used to be 5 aside pitches next to it but they were probably taken away 2010 or so.

It`s a difficult one, they do want a grass surface but the impact of doing so is huge.

Think the league would pretty much favour Livi down, Dundee United up and it solves all issues.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 8 Dec 11:17

" which is essentially unplayable due to the use on it "

Its available for use Mon-friday daytimes when 99% of training will take place. I know because I run past it when im in the office.

EVERY club astro is used/hired out to community use. Falkirk/Dunipace/Stenhousemuir/Kille/Raith all hire out as much as possible as a revenue stream. Livi are actually one of the very few who dont seem to hire theirs out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 8 Dec 12:45

I didn`t mean availability, I mean the surface is absolutely awful due to it being trained on by 60-100 people most nights. Its also not owned by the club, its owned by the community foundation which has little connection to the club.

Martindale wants a grass surface, he wants better and acknowledges that but money talks but i think we all know grass is a better pitch. Flipside though, these surfaces are used in European competition elsewhere too

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Fri 8 Dec 17:23

This the same manager/team that voted against the last TV deal as they rely on the tv money as they ‘don’t have same season ticket base’ as the rest of the league

Livingstone should be where they below in the lower leagues wasting a space for teams that are ambitious entertaining and have passionate fans

Ps Kilmarnock are ripping theirs up and back to grass due to state it is in and costs

Post Edited (Fri 08 Dec 17:24)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 9 Dec 00:05

Will Rovers have to rip theirs up if promoted?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 11 Dec 09:29

£27.50 a guy at my work paid to watch them v Hibs in a half empty stadium. He only went because his son was playing on the pitch at half time.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 10:41

`Clubs will be asked to vote on an SPFL resolution proposing a ban on artificial surfaces in the top flight before the start of next season.` (Daily Mail, print edition)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 11:25

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 16 Dec 10:41

`Clubs will be asked to vote on an SPFL resolution proposing a ban on artificial surfaces in the top flight before the start of next season.` (Daily Mail, print edition)

Raith will be crapping themselves!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 16:28

Why would Raith be shitting themselves they arent in the top flight?

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 22:11

Bizarre comment. I thought that PL was meant to be the elite league of our country. Get him, his pishy pitch and his tinpot club, TAE FCK.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 23:58

Teams that get to the premier should get there solely on merit. This move has got a nasty smell about it; an attempt to ensure the Arabs get promoted and prevent the likes of Motherwell or Aberdeen from going down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 10:19

We had to rip ours up. How did we manage?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 12:34

Well, we eventually ended up going in to administration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 13:40

We didn`t manage! We were using unicorn money.

Post Edited (Sun 17 Dec 13:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 14:27

I was meaning more we had the astro up and replaced with turf pretty easily. I think we maybe had to rearrange some fixtures at the start of the season.

Financially, I`m sure there were reports it had cost the clubs hundreds of thousands. I`d sooner we sought to play more games in the summer than in winter. Plastic is pretty awful stuff.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net