DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Halftime Hotshot
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 21:30

Can someone explain to me the point of this? It is not teaching kids anything nor is it remotely interesting to spectators.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Halftime Hotshot
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 23:01

They really need to have Scoreboards or something see we can see how close it is
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 23:07

No idea what it is, but hopefully whoever wins it, is called Hamish.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 16 Dec 23:52

It’s the absolute opposite of entertainment, that’s for sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 08:12

Pie eating contest……..

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 09:03

The kids at the Norrie end seemed to be hitting the ball at an empty goal with no keeper - not even from the penalty spot, but nearer the goal line.

Pointless drill other than an exercise in blasting the ball from close range.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 09:52

Obviously this is where the public address system not being fit for purpose is an issue.

It’s a speed of the ball hitting contest. Basically primary school kids get to run up and blooter the ball into the net as hard as they can, the school with highest average speed of the ball wins. There is a device behind the net that measures the speed of the ball when it’s hit. Touch primary were declared the winners yesterday and well done to all the kids who had a go - looked like they enjoyed themselves.

State of some of you are getting into over some kids getting to go on the park at half time and kick a ball into the goal at their local club is tremendous btw, get a grip 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 09:56

A competition for the kids to win a set of football jerseys for their school and to be on the pitch to essentially score a goal in the pitch.
It might mean a lot for them to get to do that, and who knows, it may encourage them to come along as a supporter in the future.
Well done to the winners Touch PS.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 10:02

But why not just a penalty shootout with a keeper?

I`m sure the kids enjoyed it, but I`m sure they`d have enjoyed scoring a pen into a keeper more.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 10:17

No if the keeper saves it they’ll no enjoy it 😂

Such risk could be removed of course by just using any of the three keepers we currently have on our books. 🙌😵

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 11:32

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sun 17 Dec 09:52

Obviously this is where the public address system not being fit for purpose is an issue.

It’s a speed of the ball hitting contest. Basically primary school kids get to run up and blooter the ball into the net as hard as they can, the school with highest average speed of the ball wins. There is a device behind the net that measures the speed of the ball when it’s hit. Touch primary were declared the winners yesterday and well done to all the kids who had a go - looked like they enjoyed themselves.

State of some of you are getting into over some kids getting to go on the park at half time and kick a ball into the goal at their local club is tremendous btw, get a grip 😂

State of you for failing to understand the fact that this is teaching kids very little.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 12:18

It doesn`t seem like the point of it is to `teach` the kids.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 13:12

Why do they have the kids kick about up at the halfway line with no spectators, surely it should be moved back to where it was previously down in front of the NW where the kids always got a great reception.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 13:24

Crosspar 😂😂😂

You said teaching or entertainment

Now away suck eggs

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 14:54

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sun 17 Dec 13:24

Crosspar 😂😂😂

You said teaching or entertainment

Now away suck eggs

Grow up min.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 15:05

I couldn’t care what happens on the pitch at half time. If the kids enjoy it they can fill their boots. Of more concern to me is a PA system that is so loud in the Norrie at half time that I’ve resorted to sign language in order to have a conversation with those around me. Not to mention the over zealous announcer who seems dead set on aggravating my tinnitus.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 15:55

I know if I was primary school age, getting the chance to be on the pitch at half time immaterial of the challenge I would be beside myself with excitement. Hope they enjoyed the experience
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 17:47

If the kids are enjoying themselves then what’s the issue?

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 18:04

Great for the Kids to take part at EEP .bet they were so excited .. well done to all for the effort and making the Kids feel special .. COYP

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 18:27

This is a pretty stupid post .Let the kids enjoy their day ,doesn`t matter what they are doing let them enjoy .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 18:41

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 17 Dec 18:27

This is a pretty stupid post .Let the kids enjoy their day ,doesn`t matter what they are doing let them enjoy .

Sorry you think it is a stupid post. I have no doubt the kids who take part enjoy it. Shame you and others have completely missed the point that a competition merely to kick the ball as hard as possible into an empty net is hardly honing the skills of our youngsters. Bet they don`t practice this in the Netherlands or Spain. However, as long as you are happy 😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 18:43

Quote:

1985Par, Sun 17 Dec 15:05

I couldn’t care what happens on the pitch at half time. If the kids enjoy it they can fill their boots. Of more concern to me is a PA system that is so loud in the Norrie at half time that I’ve resorted to sign language in order to have a conversation with those around me. Not to mention the over zealous announcer who seems dead set on aggravating my tinnitus.

The PA system is horrific. Its too loud for the quality of the speaker. When the White Stripes is playing and the solo kicks in I have to cover my ears

Post Edited (Sun 17 Dec 18:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 18:53

Quote:

CrossPar, Sun 17 Dec 18:41

Quote:

Sorry you think it is a stupid post. I have no doubt the kids who take part enjoy it. Shame you and others have completely missed the point that a competition merely to kick the ball as hard as possible into an empty net is hardly honing the skills of our youngsters. Bet they don`t practice this in the Netherlands or Spain. However, as long as you are happy 😁

Its not meant to hone the skills of a school kid ya tit 😂😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:07

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 17 Dec 18:53

Quote:

Quote:

Ah. Another childish insult. Bet you can kick a ball really hard.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:21

Quote:

CrossPar, Sun 17 Dec 19:07

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are literally taking issue with a bunch of kids kicking a ball into a net……give yourself a shake for god sakes 😂😂 sounds like your awfy jealous that you never got that chance as a kid…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:24

I wonder how many of these Kids will go on and develop through the youth academy and play for the Pars first team .. This is where it all starts

I only managed to get on to the Hallowed turf twice back in the 60`s .. and was chased of both times by the Stewards :-( ach weel

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:39

Never been on the hallowed turf in the 60yrs+ of following the Pars, my granddaughter aged 6 has managed it 4 times, and even got an interview from STV!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cumbrian par  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:42

I’m 65 and I’d love the chance to horse a ball into an open goal at EEP. I’d probably miskick it and land on my backside.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:57

Played on it a couple of times ,When my Uncle passed away who was a pars man through and through ,Leish was the manager ,I and Robert Kirkwood at the time ran the brucefield bus ,I called Leish and asked if I could spread my uncles ashes at the center circle and pars end goal line .
He allowd us to do this and myself and his eldest daughter did rhe deed .

Ffs ,they then dug up the turf and put ASTRO:):):)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 20:05

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 17 Dec 19:21

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are literally taking issue with a bunch of kids kicking a ball into a net……give yourself a shake for god sakes 😂😂 sounds like your awfy jealous that you never got that chance as a kid…..

I give up. No point in arguing with an unarmed man.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 20:26

Love that story Rigger Al .. He`s still there

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 20:34

"I only managed to get on to the Hallowed turf twice back in the 60`s .. and was chased of both times by the Stewards :-( ach weel"

There were stewards in the 1960s ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 20:39

2 vee wan each end

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 08:55

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 17 Dec 20:39

2 vee wan each end

One lives and learns !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 18:18

We had polis covering the terraces and stewards in the stand in the sixties.
One game against Celtic the stand stewards evicted five priests for uncontrollable foul language in the centre stand 😎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Fri 22 Dec 01:03

Quote:

CrossPar, Sun 17 Dec 20:05

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 17 Dec 19:21

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I give up. No point in arguing with an unarmed man.

This can’t be real 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net