DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Standard of Scottish Football
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 09:01

The radio commentators were less than complimentary about the quality of the League Cup final yesterday - then Derek Adam’s was on this morning berating what he’d seen on Saturday.

Aberdeen didn’t have a serious shot on target for the whole game apparently.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Standard of Scottish Football
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 09:13

It was a terrible game to watch. Rangers slightly less sh1t than Aberdeen. I watched it in a "neutral" pub in Kirkcaldy. The atmosphere was horrible. The guy standing next to us got more and more angry and obnoxious the longer the game went without a Rangers goal. Every 2nd sentence was fenian this and fenian that. He slaughtered every Rangers player especially Tavernier so we all knew what was coming. Obviously he was then "Tav" the cup winning hero. After spending 90 minutes listening to him and his fellow fans I left feeling glad I supported the Pars more than ever.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 09:17

Aberdeen fans again complaining about referee decisions ,rather than their own team failing to turn up against an average Rangers team

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 10:35

I saw the clip of the interview with Derek Adams in which he berated the overall standard of Scottish football based on what he`d seen since his return. He said the club he`d left, Morecambe, had the smallest budget in English League 2 but they were much better than the squad he had inherited at Ross County. He was quite critical of the standard of these players and said some would have to be moved on in January if he was going to improve things.

I did wonder if his comments were motivated by sour grapes after losing to Dundee by a flukey goal in added time in a game he said Ross County had dominated (the stats suggested it was a pretty even game) and he was always a bit of a maverick but he did seem sincere in his views and his sympathy for spectators in Scotland. I wonder what he would make of the standard in the Championship?!!!

Incidentally his successor at Morecambe is Ged Brannan who had a brief loan spell with the Pars during the Calderwood years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 11:47

Man utd v Liverpool wasn`t much better!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 12:21

I think he`s full of shyte. There`s a lot of great footballers up here and some great football played.
English lower level football has stupid money involved but comes up more often than not with awful matches.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 13:44

The team currently one spot below Ross County acquitted themselves reasonably well against PAOK and Eintracht Frankfurt over 4 matches.

Does Derek Adams think Accrington Stanley would have competed as well?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Dec 15:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 18:06

The Bradford City supporters among my friends say that when Derek Adams was their manager the football on offer was dire. He blamed everyone and everything for his failings. They were glad to see the back of them. I`ve watched football in Scotlands top three divisions and England`s top Eight. And the football can be excellent and mince in all of them some days are good and some are bad. You pay your money and you get what you get. If it was fast flowing exciting football all the time what would we have to moan about.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 19:50

Always sit in the Norrie bar two or three instances in my whole time following the Pars and one of these occassions was Ross County visiting a few years ago.

Aside from park public park football i`ve never seen officials take so much abuse from the sidelines. Must have been a Championship or League One game, maybe that`s why it panned out as did with no 4th official but they had it down to a tee. One of them would have a go and the slide off into the dugout and someone else would rotate into place and have a pop, felt like everyone from the physio to the kitman were involved but all knew when to reign it in and someone else took a shot.

Would have made the Aussie cricket team from the late 90s / early 00s look like angels. In fairness it wasn`t particularly industrial or sweary word intensive but just constant moaning and complaining at what felt like every single small detail, even more odd as they had a good team at the time and think they beat us that day.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Mon 18 Dec 20:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 20:03

Quote I see on Scottish football forums every week “aye he ran his heart out and battled hard” Imo that’s not how you play football, that’s defending… the best footballers are the ones that are intelligent on the ball and can see the game even before they receive the ball…not may players “check their shoulder and scan nowadays”

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 20:16

Foreign imports to blame?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 20:19

Went back to listen to Adams` interview again on the BBC website. They`ve clipped or edited out the bit midway through about Morecambe being `miles better` from what was in the same interview that aired on Sportscene on the TV Saturday night. Odd.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Mon 18 Dec 20:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 20:31

Adam’s is right that Scottish football is rank but he’s also been a pihs manager mostly all his career and probably just annoyed after the game.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 19 Dec 06:53

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Mon 18 Dec 19:50

Always sit in the Norrie bar two or three instances in my whole time following the Pars and one of these occassions was Ross County visiting a few years ago.

Aside from park public park football i`ve never seen officials take so much abuse from the sidelines. Must have been a Championship or League One game, maybe that`s why it panned out as did with no 4th official but they had it down to a tee. One of them would have a go and the slide off into the dugout and someone else would rotate into place and have a pop, felt like everyone from the physio to the kitman were involved but all knew when to reign it in and someone else took a shot.

Would have made the Aussie cricket team from the late 90s / early 00s look like angels. In fairness it wasn`t particularly industrial or sweary word intensive but just constant moaning and complaining at what felt like every single small detail, even more odd as they had a good team at the time and think they beat us that day.

It`s all psychological warfare, TAFKA, designed to chip away at the match officials, make them think they`re not treating their team fairly, so that the ref will give them the benefit of the doubt next time he has a decision to make... and maybe the next one after that... and the next one...

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 19 Dec 11:09

he might have a point but totally diluted raising it when his team loses in the 96th Minute rather than raising 2-3 weeks back when they won late on when he first came in. He comes across as a tube. Tom english was absolutley ripping into him on BBC scotland on saturday after it was aired.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 19 Dec 16:00

Play up pompey how do you get the scotland badge on your post?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net