DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 £2504 donated to DADSC
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 16:02

We are delighted to announce that Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) has just been awarded a phenomenal £2504 from the Big Country Trading Post Facebook Group. Each year the group chooses from a number of charities to receive the proceeds of their yearly Christmas Raffle of Big Country memorabilia. DADSC was delighted to have been chosen for 2024.

A record breaking number of tickets was sold this year with the group being pleased to support such a worthwhile cause as DADSC, acknowledging the special emotional bond between Big Country and Dunfermline Athletic.

DADSC would love to thank all the members for their fantastic donation and also to give a special mention to Stuart Menzies, the forum admin who co-ordinated the entire event.

All this money goes to DADSC`s First Floor Access Fund, which is now at £72.4k and getting very near to the increased target we set ourselves of £75,000. Anyone who wants to help us reach the target can now contribute by credit or debit card via THIS LINK

Post Edited (Sun 17 Dec 16:25)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: £2504 donated to DADSC
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 16:30

This is fantastic news, Stanza! Might there be time to organise an official “countdown to Christmas” (or similar) to get to the £75,000 target. I donated you my “golden goal” winnings last year but I’d willingly chip in another tenner if 249 others might do the same 🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 17:39

Superb news Stanza .. like Yorkie I am happy to chip in a tenner .. only another 248 needed now .. Mon Pars Fans .. make it happen

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 19:42

Donation made, Stanza. How about starting a new thread headed “DADSC 2023 Lift Appeal - Let’s Nail It” (or something similar?) and including the hyperlink and QR code for donations?
And would the Club consider doing an article on their official website? Just asking.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Dec 21:24

Thanks for the suggestions, folk. I`ve been thinking along similar lines, so watch this space!

TBH we`ve been blown away by the generosity of so many people, many of them with no connection to DAFC. Thank you to everyone who has donated or helped in some way, it`s been remarkable. Every single donation, no matter how large or small, has been important and a great encouragement.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 14:44

Yes, I think Yorkie`s suggestion could be a winner, Stanza. Let`s do it!

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 17:00

Agree with above

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 18 Dec 17:05

And its a yes from me ..

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 10:06

Just wondered whether this initiative had moved on at all? Stanza. Since you appear to be within touching distance of your target it would be good to nail it with one final push. I`m sure the Club would support this too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 12:19

Quote:

yorkiepar, Wed 10 Jan 10:06

Just wondered whether this initiative had moved on at all? Stanza. Since you appear to be within touching distance of your target it would be good to nail it with one final push. I`m sure the Club would support this too.

Trust me, it`s not forgotten!

We`re currently awaiting detailed cost estimates for the work, after which we`ll know exactly what we`re aiming for and can then arrange a final push (hopefully!)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 18:12

The costs of this project, is it just to cover the lift access, or does it cover the disabled toilets etc required in the function suites

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 18:24

Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu like
Date: Wed 10 Jan 18:12

The costs of this project, is it just to cover the lift access, or does it cover the disabled toilets etc required in the function suites

The whole project aim is to achieve full accessibility for someone with a disability, so yes, it would include the provision of disabled toilets and any other requirements such as emergency evacuation processes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 10 Jan 18:43

Thanks Stanza for the information.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net