DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dundee Utd 27/1/24
Topic Originator: Jaffa0711  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 21:03

So brilliant point up at tannadice today. Would’ve took that before the game
Apart from last five mins Dundee Utd never threatened us
Great save from the big man . We prob had best chance first half even tho they were on top
Similar to our games at east end
All possession no end product

My concerns not just from today but over the last wee while

I get alot of injuries and big players missing for us due to that

But up front we have Mccan or Wighton who only run after the ball has been played they can’t anticipate where ball is going and defenders are always first to it

Every time we clear out lines the ball comes straight back at us (and defensively this season the amount of pressure our defence has dealt with has been brilllisnt from us but when your constantly getting pressed the inevitable will happen

Corners and free kicks against 11 men behind ball an SC c whenever it’s cleared we’re back under pressure (why not leave at least one person up front as this takes at least 2defenders away ). This is Sunday league stuff

Enjoyment and entertainment
Absolute dross wat hing pars the now
I’ve watched them all my life and this is the most I’ve ever not enjoyed wat hing then as nothing is there for excitement other than wasting time to sneak draws

This might open a can of worms but curious on peoples opinions (and I’m not going into the lack of signings )

Unfortunately we have too many passengers in the team

Colin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dundee Utd 27/1/24
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 21:26

Quote:

Jaffa0711, Sat 27 Jan 21:03

Great save from the big man . We prob had best chance first half even tho they were on top

But up front we have Mccan or Wighton who only run after the ball has been played they can’t anticipate where ball is going and defenders are always first to it

Every time we clear out lines the ball comes straight back at us (and defensively this season the amount of pressure our defence has dealt with has been brilllisnt from us but when your constantly getting pressed the inevitable will happen

Corners and free kicks against 11 men behind ball an SC c whenever it’s cleared we’re back under pressure (why not leave at least one person up front as this takes at least 2defenders away ). This is Sunday league stuff

I’ve watched them all my life and this is the most I’ve ever not enjoyed wat hing then as nothing is there for excitement other than wasting time to sneak draws

This might open a can of worms but curious on peoples opinions (and I’m not going into the lack of signings )

Jaff ,some valid points there ,please forward to .www.james mcpake the gaffer .
:):):) we can only put on the pitch who we have ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 21:28

Out of interest, how long have you been watching the Pars?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 21:44

Quote:

Think your head was down writing all this ,I`m sure our management team have this :):) in a knot shell !well done the Pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jan 21:48

Quote:

Think your head was down writing all this ,I`m sure our management team have this :):) in a knot shell !well done the Pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 08:54

Just to comment on a couple of points:

On the forwards, I think we`re really missing Matty Todd there. I compare the way we are set up to the way Stevie Clarke has Scotland set up, where the likes of Dykes and Adams aren`t really there as goalscoring forwards per say (although it`s great when they chip in with goals) but it`s more to allow the midfielders to get beyond them and score instead (McGinn in the last few season, McTominay in the most recent campaign). Without Todd, we don`t really have anyone who can do that so goals are hard to come by. Moffat and Summers have helped to an extent but Todd is better at reading the play and timing his runs IMO.

On the corners, it`s something you see a lot at all levels of the game now. I guess the theory is that by taking a player out and the opposition taking two out it actually leaves more room for the attacking team if the ball drops after the initial contact. Teams will have specific triggers for when the second ball comes in and then will build from there. Personally I`d always leave a pacy player outside the box to allow a swift counter but given not a lot of teams don`t, I`m assuming it`s current coaching methodology.

On entertainment, yes I agree with you and I`d go further in that last season was the least entertaining "successful" (i.e. winning more than losing) season I can remember. It wasn`t that important in the grand scheme of things but a lot of home games in particular were turgid. This season seems similar and as I don`t get to many away games, it`s been a tough watch this time round. I`m of the generation who grew up with the Leishman teams then was at a very impressionable age (15-18) during the Paton era so I think I`m always going to find football dull compared to then but even accounting for that, I think we`re too slow in possession, too slow in transition and we lack creativity in all areas of the park most weeks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 13:12

Amazing you start off so positive then descend into just moaning the @£se off of it about stuff that is blindingly obvious if this is you after a good fighting point away to united then I’d hate to see you after a win

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 13:24

Very good point and clean sheet yesterday.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 17:27

I think the competitive nature of this league negates attractive football. Its such a tight league that teams are over cautious I think. The league structure is killing the sport off as entertainment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 18:21

Totally agree kelty, Todd and KRH aside the team were not great to watch last year and it was a grind in a number of games.

This season there is no pace in the team so it’s difficult to break teams down and there’s no out ball. Pace also means the opposition sits deeper as worried our players getting in behind but this season they can push right onto us. I’d argue there’s also no real skilful players who can skin a man and produce a key pass or even a goal, the last player we had like this was Dom. Yes theres a rare glimpse from Moffat or summers but thats all it is. The lack of pace, urgency or winning of the ball in the middle of the park has caused us numerous issues but think everyone know’s my opinions of the likes of chalmers and Allan.

McCann has legs but is always behind his man when the balls gets to the box and lacks any game intelligence, wighton has more game intelligence but doesn’t have the legs.

Yes the likes of matty todd and KRH could help remedy some of these issues but those guys have never played regularly at this level in the positions we want them to so can’t be expected to hit the ground running espech after current layoffs.

We have to hope with Todd and KRH coming onto a game at the level next season it will improve us going forward, looking at who’s signed up it will be another season like this otherwise.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Jan 18:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 18:55

No pace, no skill, no legs, no Championship experience and a grind to watch.

Its truly amazing we`re not stranded at the bottom of the league!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 28 Jan 18:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 19:52

O`Halloran and Jakubiak both have pace and neither was here last season. Todd and Edwards are quite quick too. Fagan-Walcott was a champion sprinter before he turned to football but we`ll have to see if that translates to the football field.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 20:19

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 28 Jan 18:55

But it`s not untrue, we do lack most of that and football at this level is a grind to watch most weeks. Infact the standard of football at this level compared to the 90s even early 2000s is a disgrace in terms of value

Post Edited (Sun 28 Jan 20:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 28 Jan 20:39

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sun 28 Jan 20:19

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 28 Jan 18:55

But it`s not untrue, we do lack most of that and football at this level is a grind to watch most weeks. Infact the standard of football at this level compared to the 90s even early 2000s is a disgrace in terms of value

Selective memory chap. Plenty games during that period were rotten

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net