DAFC.net
Home 04 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Direction of the club
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 16:50

I question this utterly gash obsession with signing young inexperienced players. We were crying out for an experienced CB. Club is in free fall again under the Germans. Today is a wake up call but I fear we are going to fight it out at the bottom.

Germans have not convinced me they are in tune with the fans base.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Direction of the club
Topic Originator: AveragePar  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 16:55

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 3 Feb 16:50

I question this utterly gash obsession with signing young inexperienced players. We were crying out for an experienced CB. Club is in free fall again under the Germans. Today is a wake up call but I fear we are going to fight it out at the bottom.

Germans have not convinced me they are in tune with the fans base.

Signing young players only works when there is experience to back it up and we don’t have enough seniority in the squad. Without injuries we look ragged
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 16:59

Never convinced me from day one. What’s their end goal?

They are going to oversee two relegations to League 1 which is unacceptable really.

One of the biggest supported teams in division paying some of the highest prices and that’s what is served up. Something stinks!

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:02

A lot of hard thinking needs done because at ment direction is looking down

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:04

Was today’s team worse than the team we had we got relegated 2 years ago?

How was this allowed to happen? 4 of the outfield 10 are the same, maybe Edwards aside it’s the same result from the other 3, not good enough at this level. Supplementing them with raw youngsters and there’s why.

I don’t blame the Germans on the signings front, players like o’hallaran won’t be cheap same as jak, wighton, mehmet and chalmers.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Feb 17:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:05

have to agree with the comments above
We cannot put the blame on the young players shoulders though
We all know we needed an experienced CB and more experienced players in the team yet once again we get inexperienced young lads , so the Manager etc has to take the blame for this !
We are where we are because of their policies

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:06

For the first time I have very little words.

Perhaps it’s just the few minutes aftermath of todays display but why we are lacking in decent front men is anyone’s guess.

So very poor. Demoralised.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:11

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:12

Do the German owners attend the games every week? What is their motive is it to create an academy and make money from that. What interest do they have in Dunfermline ?

Lots of questions to be asked and answered by our invisible owners!

Post Edited (Sat 03 Feb 17:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:14

Well I did ask questions when they first took over and got a mouthfull from the .net community🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:18

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 3 Feb 17:14

Well I did ask questions when they first took over and got a mouthfull from the .net community🤷

Dry yer eyes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:19

Questions and answers have already been covered about the owners and their intentions. Just some of you don’t accept or like the answers.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:21

Buffy , tonight we are all the same , so you are not alone !
We are probably all thinking the same too , why did we not bring in a proven goal scorer would have been better to bring one quality player in rather than 2 inexperienced boys , lets hope the lads can pick themselves up and get a vital win next saturday , if we don`t win it will be stop many fans coming back Buffy because nobody wants to see your team get beat week in and week out !!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:26

Nae wonder Shields walked…he seen what was coming. The clubs is in disarray from top to bottom…he didn’t want to be part of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:27

Direction -----> back to the seaside league with Meggle playing football manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:28

Just my own view, but Airdrie seem to doing fine with young players … but, for me, the most worrying aspect of this game is that we concede so many goals for so few actual on-target attempts.
We lost 5 goals to Morton the season we were relegated, that day for 10 shots on target. Today, they had 7 on target and got 5 goals.
Put any spin on that you like, but if that doesn’t improve then League 1 here we come … cos we stand little to no chance of beating Falkirk or Hamilton in a playoff.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:33

Quote:

Gadgie59, Sat 3 Feb 17:28

Just my own view, but Airdrie seem to doing fine with young players … but, for me, the most worrying aspect of this game is that we concede so many goals for so few actual on-target attempts.
We lost 5 goals to Morton the season we were relegated, that day for 10 shots on target. Today, they had 7 on target and got 5 goals.
Put any spin on that you like, but if that doesn’t improve then League 1 here we come … cos we stand little to no chance of beating Falkirk or Hamilton in a playoff.

Does that seven include the two saves that they scored from the rebounds?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:36

Quote:

parsfan, Sat 3 Feb 17:33

Quote:

Gadgie59, Sat 3 Feb 17:28

Does that seven include the two saves that they scored from the rebounds?

Did their center half score 2 or 3
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:44

I’m extremely uncomfortable with Meggle’s input to the club. Seems like an absolute conman who has brought nothing positive to the club in a football sense so far.

McPake needs to win the next two games to keep his job but being brutally honest, I can’t see us beating Queen’s Park unless the tactics change. They’re signing Danny Wilson while we bring in complete unknowns - like Falkirk did a few years ago under Hartley. Morton (in form or not) should never be coming to East End and sticking 5 goals past us. This formation ain’t working and McPake needs to fix it pronto.

I hate to say it but based on today, we’re going down and I never thought that would be the case weeks ago.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:49

Every other team in this league has signed experienced players we looked like a team that met int he car park

Yes we have injuries to probably our best players but needed to mitigate this with at least 2 experienced players

How did Queen’s Park sign Danny Wilson- and a few others at raith etc because they have managers and boards thinking short term get promotion or avoid relegation and those signings and higher wages pay for themselves
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:52

7 year plan blah blah blah. You don’t get 7 year plans in the Scottish championship. Absolute clowns. Some fans are buying this rubbish too.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:53

were going down like titanic right now got to hope arbroath dont find form

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:56

Ever since meggle took over as sporting director it’s been nothing short of a shitshow. Twice in the championship and in relegation battles both times. Unacceptable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:01

I think it’s clear that the objective is to avoid relegation this season and our transfer strategy smells of exactly that.

Little chance of making anything happen this round so let’s bring in some young boys who we think are competent and can see us through to the end of the season.

Risky move which at the moment doesn’t look like it’s going to pull off based on that performance.

Make no mistake Morton schooled us today on our own patch. We are in some serious bother.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:06

Everything woke turns to ****.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:29

If Dave cook is on what I`ve been told he is on then he`s got to be worried for his job as well. That was a shambles today with none of the guys we brought in looking anywhere close to good enough. Fisher injured in training begs the question of another injury in training. And to start the second half with the same 11 that finished the first was a massive mistake.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:07

I really have to question why the board didn’t release some funds to sign a couple of experienced players in the transfer window. I refuse to believe that it was mcpakes choice to sign a few young guys on loan with a handful of professional games between them.

If we don’t get Breen, Bene, Fisher, Tod and KRH back in the starting line up soon we may well go down.

Mcpake has to carry the can for some of this mess, I blame him for some of the personnel decisions made in the summer and his lack of adaptability tactically but I think the problems go deeper.

A board that won’t release funds in January to a manager with an injury crisis like this either don’t care or don’t have a pot to p*** in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:14

Nevir mcpake knew one of the youngsters from previous loan to Dundee. The other might have been a recommendation from Moffat.

Bene aside have any of the others proven to be good enough at this level?

Mcpake rates chalmers…..I’m not sure I would trust him to bring a good experienced pro in even if we had the cash, plus the pool to chose from would be tiny as he has to have worked with them before.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Feb 19:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:16

As above you can’t blame McPake for our injury crisis but I will never believe he went to the board to bring in the players that have arrive in this transfer window.
Again I asked questions about this and got put down but the club can’t run like this and the 7 plan needs changed quickly tbh

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 14:57

Yesterday, we were like a team of strangers on the park with no cohesion, communication, or suitable tactics set out for the team.
Hamilton and Otoo have been our stalwarts all season, but yesterday, McPake changed things around to introduce new untried players ?
Why would you do that when we are trying to consolodate ourselves after the United game and difficult start to 2024?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1600E  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 14:59

We miss benny big time. He is not quick but boy can he organise the team and put his body on the line
As always cheap option
1st Division here we come

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 15:02

Indeed fergie, if he was going to do that why didn’t he just put Fenton in?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Glenrothes Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 15:32

What system is that?
What I saw yesterday gave me shivers down my spine. there was nothing there,
I`m going to stop there as I find everything about the current setup too depressing

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net