DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Board
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:57

Thanks for your work but you should leave now. Your project was never going to and never will work at this level of football in this country. Decision making surrounding managerial appointments (Mcpake aside) then failure to properly back him show you really don`t have much of a clue about football in this country at this level.

Leave.

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Board
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 17:58

Got to agree with all of that. Manager need questioned too but this obsession with signing young players when we have no leadership at all. Can’t believe some of the ***** in that squad got new deals last season when they weren’t good enough last time in this division.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:02

Would love to know if we did actually target any experienced players last month. Although early days, that lad at cb today looks like he’s never played football before, I hope he kicks on

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:15

Remember the summer where we were all fed a line about only bringing in quality? Then we signed jak who hasn’t looked like scoring in all but 1 game.

When did we abandon this strategy and decide its other teams youngsters on loan?

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:21

The signing of young players is a club policy, don’t think the management team have any choice.
I am sure McPake has been in the game long enough to know that we need experienced players but his hands are tied.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:24

I think we have made some questionable signings for sure. That narrows down our options. Fundamental in this league is to have a solid defence. Morton threw a lot of balls into the box today because they knew they would get something from it. At the end of the day, it`s simple arithmetic. The more you get the ball into the box, the higher the probability you will get something from it.

Any more performances like that, and we will be sitting near the bottom of the league at the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:25

We managed to get promoted with a squad who we were told were good enough to win the championship. I gave mcpake a pass as he was lumbered with the guff from the previous manager although he has signed the same guff on 2 and 3 year deals and done very little in transfer windows to strengthen. The question is has he been backed by the BOD.

it will be interesting when the next supporters meeting will be. Will they have one when times get tough?

Today was totally unacceptable and we don`t look like it is improving.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:26

K76 mcpake tied his own hands singed or keeping the experienced players we have.

Had he got better players I suspect we would be okay.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Feb 18:28)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:28

I don’t believe for one minute McPake went to the board wanting the players that have been brought in this transfer window.
He just looked deflated today and not happy at all. Questions have to be asked now as our 7 year plan is not sustainable. If we did get relegated there is no need at all for a youth Acadamy facility. I think McPake and back room staff are not happy with the board at all.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:28

"We managed to get promoted with a squad who we were told were good enough to win the championship."

Sorry, but that is nonsense. Nobody claimed last season`s square were good enough to win the Championship. Compete in the Championship maybe, but win it? Behave.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:29

Quote:

RMGpar, Sat 3 Feb 18:02

Would love to know if we did actually target any experienced players last month. Although early days, that lad at cb today looks like he’s never played football before, I hope he kicks on

Sure it was confirmed we tried to bring in Ashcroft, Rudden and Brophy. However, as happened last season, the majority of experienced players we approach just don’t want to come here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:32

Wonder why par-91? It’s either money or the players or their agents have asked a few folk close to the this club and have been put off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:52

Youth academy , there has been one decent footballer from Fife in the last 20 years , throwing money into a money pit , I understand having a training base but that isn`t going bring players to the club, if we offer lower wages .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:54

Quote:

AB Loyal, Sat 03 Feb 17:57

Thanks for your work but you should leave now. Your project was never going to and never will work at this level of football in this country. Decision making surrounding managerial appointments (Mcpake aside) then failure to properly back him show you really don`t have much of a clue about football in this country at this level.

Leave.

Hear hear every team around us with less season ticket base or similar are laughing the pars have always been able to mix youth with experience right now we are shambolic the manager should be sacked for starters along with players he signed on new deals won’t list them but he knew them as a manager/player
How have we been unable to bring in experienced player - how did Queen’s Park a team with no support get Danny Wilson - cause they known avoiding relegation pays his wages

Not often I moan and in will not pick out any players as it’s the managers and coaching and tactics that are failing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 18:57

It`s okay folks we have the rosyth vase that the government needed to fund. Time this board answers some questions shame they never turn up to supporters meetings.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:00

No point asking the board to leave , there is not any folk willing to throw money at Dunfermline, and if they left I`d imagine administration will follow .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:00

There`s only one team with more attendances or season tickets than us. Our budget will be very healthy too. It is a disgrace we are in the exact same position we were in 2 years ago.

Signing lots of young, inexperienced players to play around Joe Chalmers was never a bright idea.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:08

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 3 Feb 19:00

There`s only one team with more attendances or season tickets than us. Our budget will be very healthy too. It is a disgrace we are in the exact same position we were in 2 years ago.

Signing lots of young, inexperienced players to play around Joe Chalmers was never a bright idea.

Strange to single out Chalmers let`s be honest McCann, wighton and Mehmet are just as embarrassing.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:20

"how did Queen’s Park a team with no support get Danny Wilson - cause they known avoiding relegation pays his wages"

Or it could have been the £300,000 or thereabouts they got frol Bournemouth for their goalkeeper? Or the compensation from Ajax for Beuker?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 19:24

saltonsgonagetu, how do you know that? look at Rovers

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Feb 20:12

Or maybe the £5 million they got from selling Hampden to the SFA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 22:12

It is a mistake to blame the board or "The Germans" for our current circumstances. They fund the club, provide it with a general direction, and employ a CEO (who also is chairman) to perform the day-to-day management tasks, including where money is spent. I would imagine that the board have other businesses and investments to concern themselves with. The reality is that the buck for all this current mess stops at the desk of the CEO, David Cook.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 00:09

To improve long term and aspire to be in scotlands top 4 we have to do something different. I do believe the youngsters academy at Rosyth is definitely correct.
But we have to have a competent team to keep it going, last year we were lucky, but did not improve over transfer periods. Now we are struggling and unless we get injured players back we could end up being bottom
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 07:42

The bear there really only been and comrie to come back, the others we don’t even know if they are good enough at this level.

They will tighten the defence at least but it will still be the same midfield and upfront and of course ineffective tactics.

3 5 2 with comrie and Edwards as wing backs, are either of these plays known for decent deliveries into the box?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 09:31

After Saturday I`d just settle for us tightening up at the back. We need to get back to what we were good at.....being difficult to beat. Whatever you think we do have players who are capable of that. Last week was the perfect example.

The situation we find ourselves in cant be transformed overnight, no matter how many times you smash your keyboard. You keep telling us our players aren`t good enough. So let`s try doing the one thing we know we can do if set up right.

We have to start somewhere.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigCheese  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 10:06

Very interested to hear suggestions on so called experienced players that would have come on in and revolutionised our squad in January? The same people moaning on here about not enough experience are the same people moaning about our experienced players being given new deals at the end of last season. It’s known that we were in talks with 2 players with bags of experience in football and for one reason or another they didn’t end up coming, that’s football and it would suggest why we’ve signed a kid on deadline day as he was probably our last option.

Calling for the only people willing to invest in our club to leave is insanity really.

Big Cheese
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 10:37

It’s very clear that we are suffering due to very poor decision making starting with the Peter Grant appointment up to the madness of giving long term contracts to players who are failing short of the standard required to be a competent Championship club with aspirations of promotion to the Premiership of Scottish football. I do believe our current coaching staff are capable of taking us there but wonder if a lot of these decisions “ bringing in untried youngsters “ are being made without the consent of the coaching staff as a club policy. This great academy dream will be useless to us if we a languishing in the seaside league for a while.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 10:59

agree with Big Cheese.

" wonder if a lot of these decisions “ bringing in untried youngsters “ are being made without the consent of the coaching staff as a club policy"

McPake and Mackay make up half of the "recruitment team" and its a group/unanimous decision on signings which McPake and Meggle said in the summer. the 3 players that have just come in were all watched by McPake according to him.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 11:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 11:12

I thought the strategy of developing young players through our own academy was one of the main reasons James McPake was attracted to the manager`s job? I can`t believe he has become disillusioned about it before it`s even open.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 12:08

Yet Greg shields is packing it in. Alarms bells should be ringing

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 15:06

To my understanding the club instigated a mutual termination of Shields’ contract as they want to move in a different direction, a sterner hand as Shields was deemed too soft. If that rings alarm bells then anything will.

Big Cheese
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 15:17

Quote:

BigCheese, Mon 5 Feb 15:06

To my understanding the club instigated a mutual termination of Shields’ contract as they want to move in a different direction, a sterner hand as Shields was deemed too soft. If that rings alarm bells then anything will.

Sorry to burst your bubble with you being a Big Cheese but your information is well wide of the mark. ☹️

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 16:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:10

Not saying what I’ve heard is gospel GG Riva but very easy to refute info on here without backing it up with anything substantial.

Big Cheese
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:40

I think I would have been more concerned if Greg Shields had moved to another coaching role elsewhere. The fact that he has moved away from the game suggests he is disillusioned in general with football as a career and maybe wants a bit more security at his time of life.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:52

Da no 1 are you suggesting that we should set up the same at home to Queen’s Park on Saturday as we did at Dundee United away and hope Queen can’t break us down and we get a 0-0 or we somehow Nick one on the break and get a win?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:53

Quote:

BigCheese, Mon 5 Feb 16:10

Not saying what I’ve heard is gospel GG Riva but very easy to refute info on here without backing it up with anything substantial.

You`ve been sold a dummy there, BC. Trust me. It was Greg`s decision to leave and the Pars are very sorry to see him go. He was great with the young lads. Shades of John Potter. You can ask any of them if you get the chance.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:56

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 5 Feb 16:52

Da no 1 are you suggesting that we should set up the same at home to Queen’s Park on Saturday as we did at Dundee United away and hope Queen can’t break us down and we get a 0-0 or we somehow Nick one on the break and get a win?

No

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 16:56

Developing our young players has gone out the window.

No one can tell me Fenton wouldn’t have been better than Benjamin on sat. It’s yet to be seen in holmes is any better than Sutherland.

We were so keen on signings we forgot to check if they were any good.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:01

I have absolutely no doubt if I ask people involved with the club as a complete stranger they would say they were sad to see shields go, as they would with pretty much anyone that was previously employed and played with the club.

Big Cheese
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:51

Quote:

BigCheese, Mon 5 Feb 17:01

I have absolutely no doubt if I ask people involved with the club as a complete stranger they would say they were sad to see shields go, as they would with pretty much anyone that was previously employed and played with the club.

I don`t doubt that either, but when you have a couple of young players taking part in the schools engagement programme and pupils ask them who has been the greatest influence in their football career and they say Greg Shields and before that John Potter and you hear it repeated again and again, you get to thinking that both these men have something going for them....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:59

GG Riva wrote:

> I don`t doubt that either, but when you have a couple of young
> players taking part in the schools engagement programme and
> pupils ask them who has been the greatest influence in their
> football career and they say Greg Shields and before that John
> Potter and you hear it repeated again and again, you get to
> thinking that both these men have something going for them....

When I think back to the coaches i favoured when I was a kid it was always the ones that were too soft and pally with me, it’s only when you get older you realise the ones you thought were giving you a hard time actually had your best interests at heart. Wee bit food for thought potentially?

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 18:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 18:55

So it was Greg`s decision to leave, fair enough. Why did he leave though?, was he unhappy at the level of support for instance?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 19:49

Quote:

BigCheese, Mon 5 Feb 17:59

GG Riva wrote:

> I don`t doubt that either, but when you have a couple of young
> players taking part in the schools engagement programme and
> pupils ask them who has been the greatest influence in their
> football career and they say Greg Shields and before that John
> Potter and you hear it repeated again and again, you get to
> thinking that both these men have something going for them....

When I think back to the coaches i favoured when I was a kid it was always the ones that were too soft and pally with me, it’s only when you get older you realise the ones you thought were giving you a hard time actually had your best interests at heart. Wee bit food for thought potentially?

You`re only one guy, though. You may not be typical. I`m not discounting your opinion, but I`d give more weight to the opinions of a larger group. I think most folk would accept that you`re more likely to do well for someone you like and respect than someone who gives you a hard time.

I don`t think you can just exclusively separate the two types the way you have. Why can a friendly coach not have your interests at heart?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 21:04

Berkey, were you no a bit harsh in saying only Bene and Comrie are likely to make a difference when they come back. Although we`ve not seen a lot of them in the Championship, there`s a good chance that any 4 out of Fisher, Breen, Todd, Richie-Hosler and Jakubiac may not be stand outs but can at least hack it at this level. They would certainly be an improvement on the guys currently available. You usually manage to find a bit of positivity somewhere amongst the negativity, what happened this morning?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Lawyer  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 23:33

A few teams would struggle losing Comrie, Fisher, Bene Breen, Matthew T, Kane R_H and Jakubiak all at the same time.

Paraid
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 06:48

Quote:

The Lawyer, Mon 5 Feb 23:33

A few teams would struggle losing Comrie, Fisher, Bene Breen, Matthew T, Kane R_H and Jakubiak all at the same time.

They wouldn`t get pasted 5-0 at home to Morton though. Team down tooled. A lot of them should be ashamed to put on that top. Embarrassing performance.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net