DAFC.net
Home 04 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Insanity
Topic Originator: Super Johnnie  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 20:22

One definition of insanity is `doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results`.
James McPake and Dave Mackay have done a great job at the Pars, but I fear they did their reputation and credibility great harm yesterday. When your team is 0-2 down, getting outplayed and bullied, I would respectfully suggest two things a coach should never do at half-time.
1. Put out the same 11 for the second half
2. Play exactly the same formation
The injury crisis forced us to field two brand new central defenders - NOT the coaches` fault. A change at the break - any change - would at least show the fans that the coach has recognised and acknowledged the problem.
No doubt the defenders and goalie will get to know one another better. Let`s hope that happens soon, as at least four of the goals conceded were scored from inside the six-yard box. I left before the end, only the second time I`ve done so in nearly 60 years.
We`re not entitled to an improvement next week, but we are entitled to see a change. Time for the coaches to really earn their money.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Insanity
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 20:25

Ah with our loan players do they have to play games as per the loan deal??

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 20:38

It’s obvious the board were not willing to spend to bring a couple of experienced players in and did McPake really want to sign these young players?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:07

I was expecting Allan on for Chalmers at half time, not for any agenda based reason or even because I feel it would have made a big change but simply because Allan sprinted down the touchline a minute before the half time whistle and it looked for all the world that it was a "have a quick run before coming on for the second half" warm up. I was amazed when the PA announced both sides were lined up the same.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:20

Allan is exactly the same type of player as chalmers but with a yard more pace so it wouldn’t have made any difference but I get your point at least it shows you’ve recognised it wasn’t working. Both players about as hard in the tackle as a babies first stool.

Playing Benjamin was absolutely the coaches choice and nothing to do with injuries. They could have went with Fenton who is apparently one of our better youngsters coming through but now might as well go out on loan himself now.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:25

I think that the number of posts after yesterday`s game demonstrates there is a feeling of disconnection from the club. There was alot of talk early doors about engaging with the fans but I feel communication on the direction of the club including regular updates hasn`t been great. If it had been, there would not be so much speculation, rumour, and gossip on the site. Ultimately, the club needs its fans on board to buy into the vision. That means managing expectation. Things this season for one reason or another seem to have gone off piste. Injuries have been a factor of course, and look set to plague us for the rest of the season. It`s how we respond to the challenge now that will be all important.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Feb 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:56

The failure in the transfer window to sign anyone with experience in the Scottish game combined with that deplorable display yesterday has certainly earned the club the wrath of a majority of supporters and rightly so , the dealings in the transfer window has certainly not inspired many fans , we are not privy to whether these were the coaching staffs choices or were they hoisted upon them by the board. Hopefully these guys can settle in be a part of getting us out of this mess, that remains to be seen. COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 22:05

I believe McPake went to the Germans and wanted experienced players and ended up with 2 players that couldn’t even compete in the 1st team..
So he plays them and it was obvious they were off…. A wee message to the Germans? Get it sorted so we can compete in this league.
I think McPake and staff will walk tbh?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 11:35

just hope dom doesnt come back with queens park to haunt us cant afford to lose against them

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 13:59

Quote:

bigdonnie, Mon 05 Feb 11:35

just hope dom doesnt come back with queens park to haunt us cant afford to lose against them

No chance of that happening he only shows up when the tv cameras are in attendance

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:06

Interesting perspective later ego, hadn’t thought of it that way, definately a good way to prove a point if you wanted better.

Started the game with 3 young raw loans who had barely kicked a ball in the man’s game, why would they care or hurt after Saturday’s performance?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:11

So now we have a manager who picked players he knew would definitely not play well to deliberately lose an important game, to spite his bosses.

Christ on a bike, we really are fcked

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Mon 05 Feb 17:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 17:56

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 5 Feb 17:11

So now we have a manager who picked players he knew would definitely not play well to deliberately lose an important game, to spite his bosses.

Christ on a bike, we really are fcked

Welcome to the world of conspiracy theorists, da. 😉

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 19:08

Quote:

One definition of insanity is `doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results`.

Scientific experiments are repeated over and over again to see if the results change, it was a scientist making a joke about the scientific method.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 19:27

Not so sure that is correct Bletchley Par maybe the first bit but not the second bit

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Super Johnnie  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 19:57

So McPake (like the rest of us) just could not believe the results of the first-half experiment. And that is why he repeated it in the second half. Well, he kens noo.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net