DAFC.net
Home 04 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 `Highlights` Morton + James McPake + Chris Hamilton
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 11:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_zoC0P8IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGJRmTwMjZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAisiYnin_w

Post Edited (Sun 04 Feb 14:19)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: `Highlights` Morton
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 11:55

Oh geez, horrible to watch.

Players turning their backs to the ball instead of putting it all on the line, this is going to take some turnaround.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 11:59

That was a sore watch .. Fred Karno`s Circus

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:04

Note how, at corners, Morton had players out wide waiting for the overhit cross or the defending header. We never ever do this, and it is frustrating to watch how often opportunities go amiss because of it. To rub it in, Morton scored from just such an opportunity.

So many schoolboy errors. It was just as painful to watch a second time around.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:10

What a mess, school boy defending all over the place.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:14

Brian, just a small point, I thought I was watching the wrong video since it comes up with the Queens Park badge at the start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:17

Highlights is naming it well , as this certainly Highlights how easy we get cut open and lose Goals with cross balls into our box , this has been noted many times on the forum , but we still insist in the same old tactics , need to change this , maybe it`s not so easy to change due to the personnel we have available but before we brought in a couple of young boys I would like to think we tried to get an experience in , And we need to cut out school boy errors as this seems to be the normal every week and we also need to keep an eye on the ball !
Still think their first goal was offside but hard to tell !
I think any of us that are gluttons for punishment and watch this horror show should get a medal !
Certainly a big test for our character next saturday , here`s hoping we can bounce back

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:24

Just watched it again , basic errors for every goal , no leader on the park and absolutely honking up front , team full of inexperienced boys and barely 1st division players at best.

G.B
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:26

That`s a horror show from start to finish but the 3rd goal in particular is like something from a Boys` Brigade match.

Benjamin had an absolute nightmare by the looks of it. Caught under the flight of the ball for routine headers and constantly out of position; wouldn`t be surprised if that is the first and last time we see him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 12:43

I think it`s been unfair on the new boys who have come just come in. The style of football is probably different to what they are used to. They are probably used to finding men with the ball and with the lack of movement in forward positions that makes it difficult. I have no doubt they will improve. Yesterday was a tough ask for them against a big, well drilled Morton side. They are not the issue in my view. Today`s problems are yesterday`s solutions, so I think we need to look deeper and reflect on past decisions. The bottom line is that we are where we are. How the issues are addressed is the main consideration for me at the moment. This needs to be with the players and management we have now. There are always ways to improve things. Learn the lessons from yesterday and move on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 14:45

Why did I just put myself through that. What a disgrace.

Shortest post match interview McPake has ever given I`d imagine.

I don`t like the way we play football (last season or this) but McPake achieved his targets last season, and I do think generally think that he speaks well in interviews. That interview though, there`s little emotion there other than disappointment. Show a bit of anger FFS.

Why have they not been practicing defending long throws and balls shelled into the box all week? I know one of the players was only signed two days ago but he didn`t have to be thrown in.
[IP address logged]
 Re: `Highlights` Morton + James McPake + Chris Hamilton
Topic Originator: Gusmcpherson  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 14:50

Morton lad over the line taking both throws for the first two goals.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 14:59

Got to agree about the football we play. Slow and boring in a nutshell.

Last season we didn`t dominate for 90 mins in any game, and that`s against teams a division lower than now.

The football this season is getting us nowhere fast, it`s relegation material. Unless we find a few miracles along the road it`s 2 relegations in 3 seasons. Head scratching stuff going on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 15:07

Mcpakes comments are a load for nonsense, he’s picking players in the middle of the park who don’t track runners, don’t close people down, don’t make tackles and compete in the air etc then complaining that they don’t do those things!

No point in him complaining about it now, those players put in the same performance as they usually do yesterday, the difference was the rest were just as bad.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Feb 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 19:36

The aftermath interview is getting the same every week which is a bit of a concern

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:08

We’ve got a midfield that would struggle to tackle a fish supper. Absolutely weak as anything and have been all season. Defending was just an embarrassment and can’t play this back 5 anymore. Let’s play with wingers and try take the game to Queen’s Park

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:11

Quote:

Parster, Sun 4 Feb 19:36

The aftermath interview is getting the same every week which is a bit of a concern

What you expect him to say miniutes after a hammering .
He said it was terrible and totally unacceptable and embarrasing to bebinvolved in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 4 Feb 21:12

Quote:

Gusmcpherson, Sun 4 Feb 14:50

Rules changed, only 1 foot now required behind the line. See Edwards every week, exactly the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 07:37

I`m truly amazed any Pars fans would make themselves watch that again if they were at the game on Saturday. You`d have to have a masochistic streak.

It was a painful enough watch then.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Re: `Highlights` Morton James McPake Chris Hamilton
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 09:02

I watched again GG as some of the goal mouth action was so frenetic that it was difficult to see what was happening. One of the goals I was amazed at our open positioning in the right back area. I knew it was bad during the game but rewatching had shown a lot more space than I first thought.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 12:36

First time seeing the 5th goal as I left before then. Wow. Also seeing that 3rd goal closer having been in the Norrie. Woe again. Not good.

[IP address logged]
 Re: `Highlights` Morton James McPake Chris Hamilton
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 12:59

Quote:

Gusmcpherson, Sun 4 Feb 14:50

My mate mentioned this to me, but the 2nd goal his heels on the line, which is fine these days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 5 Feb 13:08

The 3rd goal summed our day up. Numerous attempted clearances lacking any real conviction then the one proper connection bounces back off our own player straight to their boy a yard out. Unbelievable.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net