DAFC.net
Home 01 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Coping
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 21:31

It’s depressing watching us play at the moment and I recommend one of the 3 following courses of action:

1. Try not to think about it that much, once you drive home on Saturday evening put it out of your mind. Find other ways to occupy your time. Take up golf, figure skating or building model aeroplanes. Maybe you could start an ABBA tribute band?

2. Get really pissed off about it and try to figure out who is to blame. Post 300 word rants on here. Start feuds with other posters who come to different conclusions.

3. Delusional optimism, gaslight yourself into believing that it’s all just about to turn around, we will make the promotion playoffs and all the kids in the orphanage are about to find great new loving homes. Sneer at any poster who is less positive.

If anyone else has any other coping mechanisms please leave them below. Ive refrained from recommending drinking heavily and intravenous drug use because of the long term health implications.

Together we can get through this season.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Feb 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Coping
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 22:00

I,m sure you will be coping well after a couple of Chris Kane goals and three points in the bag. COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 08:02

Arbroath haven’t scored in 5 games and haven’t won in 7, they have loads of injuries too.

Even with our current team we should still be better than them and win today.

It might be a spring board for us to turn things around or it might just confirm we’re fighting it out for 2nd worst!

We’ll see I guess! Kane should do well for us, good to have a bit of nouse upfront.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 09:48

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 17 Feb 08:02

Arbroath haven’t scored in 5 games and haven’t won in 7, they have loads of injuries too.

It might be a spring board for us to turn things around or it might just confirm we’re fighting it out for 2nd worst!

We’ll see I guess! Kane should do well for us, good to have a bit of nouse upfront.

I like your positivity Berkey !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 09:51

Quote:

CrossPar, Sat 17 Feb 09:48

Quote:

I like your positivity Berkey !

Somebody`s hacked him, CrossPar! 😃😃😃

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 11:15

Quote:

Berkey, blink twice if you`re being coerced into saying this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 11:22

Maybe he`s setting us up for a fall! 😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 11:33

That’s early for being on the sauce!! ;)

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 12:46

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 17 Feb 11:22

Maybe he`s setting us up for a fall! 😊😊😊

My thoughts entirely but hopefully he`ll be a glass a quarter empty guy after today as things should be looking a little better.
Made me feel more positive anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 18:42

It’s worse than feared…couldn’t win our easiest game left.

We’re going to have to win at least 3-4 of the last 13 games to avoid 9th and even that might not be enough, that’s the big worry.

Post Edited (Sat 17 Feb 19:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 17 Feb 19:02

Anyone fancy starting an abba tribute band then?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net