DAFC.net
Home 01 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Are we becoming the equivalent of Celtic in transfers
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 16:46

As it says the Lino lickers have gazumped us several times ,is it the manager or the board the same rehtoric telling the supporters we are after this and the next one.It seems to be a pattern emerging ,as I’ve posted in the past where are they getting all the finance, they better hope the Lino’s go up or it could go tits up

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Are we becoming the equivalent of Celtic in transfers
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 18:12

Mcpake only wanting experienced players he has worked with falls apart when they appear to have very little interest in coming to work with him again and will always choose the highest bidder.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 18:57

Berkey. I`ve never understood your argument against signing players the manager has worked with before. Does that mean Raith signing two players on loan from Dundee is better business than if we`d signed them as Ian Murray hasn`t worked with them before but McPake has?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 19:49

Berkey`s maybe got a point Eck.

McPake has worked with these players before and maybe they didn`t rate him. I have said in the past Dundee fans were happy they punted McPake despite it looking like they were doing fairly well, so there must be something there.

Unless it is just totally down to wanting promotion and not the battle to keep a team up 🤷‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 20:01

Fisher, Sharp and McGowan were all happy to come. McGowan was disappointed not to get a permanent deal by all accounts. Anyway, I thought Berkey`s argument was that he liked to sign his `mates`.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 20:32

Quote:

Gaz3822, Wed 21 Feb 19:49

Berkey`s maybe got a point Eck.

McPake has worked with these players before and maybe they didn`t rate him. I have said in the past Dundee fans were happy they punted McPake despite it looking like they were doing fairly well, so there must be something there.

Unless it is just totally down to wanting promotion and not the battle to keep a team up 🤷‍♂️

Can you provide a tiny scrap of evidence to back up your hunch, Gaz?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 20:40

Celtic have spent around twenty five million pounds on transfers this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 21:11

Nope that`s why I said maybe GG. Nobody but those players will know if they rated him.
This site is full of maybes.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 21:11

He evidently doesn’t have many mates in Dundee going by the fact they don’t choose to play for him.

My arguement is if even if you don’t know the player you can scout them etc and if they are good enough bring them in, do none of the other Premier league clubs have any experienced defenders going outside of Dundee?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 21:44

I think it`s pretty evident that if we were in the league position Raith are in, we`d have no problem attracting these players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 21:48

Exactly, Paralex. Maybe the likely explanation is the most obvious one - that players would rather play in a team competing near the top of the league than one competing near the bottom.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 05:33

We should aim to be nearer the top of the league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 06:43

That`s true Paralex but doesn`t answer the question. Is there no other club in the top flight with an experienced defender we could bring in? Why always Dundee or St Johnstone was the point, and while you can argue it`s good to bring people in you`ve worked with before as you know their strengths and their personality, it doesn`t allow for a large pool of available players, does it? What happens when these guys retire and you can`t rely on people you know to come in? It`s like the regen issue on Football Manager - you need to have good scouts and trust your ability to coach the players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 07:39

Quote:

Gaz3822, Wed 21 Feb 21:11

Nope that`s why I said maybe GG. Nobody but those players will know if they rated him.

Fair enough, Gaz. I don`t think such negative speculation is helpful at this time. I`m depressed enough with our recent results and performances. 😔

FWIW, I`m privileged to work with the players on a weekly basis on the Pars Schools Engagement Programme and they are unanimous in their high regard for both McPake and Mackay. They also all get on really well as a squad, which is quite rare. (It`s not unusual to find squads made up of different cliques.)

And in case you think these players are just trying to pull the wool over my eyes, I can tell you their comments regarding the managers previous to McPake were rather less complimentary. 🙄

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 08:20

In the Courier Lee Ashcroft confirms it was his connection with John Potter that influenced his choice of club. They`ve kept in touch apparently since their time together at the Pars. The deal could have happened earlier but Dundee suddenly needed his services. Tony Docherty says there was a lot of interest in him.

Post Edited (Thu 22 Feb 08:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 08:21

Quote:

Gaz3822, Wed 21 Feb 21:11

Fair enough, Gaz. I don`t think such negative speculation is helpful at this time. I`m depressed enough with our recent results and performances. 😔

FWIW, I`m privileged to work with the players on a weekly basis on the Pars Schools Engagement Programme and they are unanimous in their high regard for both McPake and Mackay. They also all get on really well as a squad, which is quite rare. (It`s not unusual to find squads made up of different cliques.)

And in case you think these players are just trying to pull the wool over my eyes, I can tell you their comments regarding the managers previous to McPake were rather less complimentary. 🙄

Not your average Sunday League player

That`s great to hear GG.
I just thought it could have been a plausible reason.
Let`s just hope, even its just for everyone`s sanity on here, thing`s start to turn.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net