DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Thank you
Topic Originator: montana10  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 18:12

I would like to thank the North West for the wonderful tribute to my father today.
It`s the thoughtfulness that means so much.
Coyp
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Thank you
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 19:30

Condolences. Will be forever a Par, Montana

Post Edited (Sat 02 Mar 19:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 08:04

Quote:

montana10, Sat 2 Mar 18:12

I would like to thank the North West for the wonderful tribute to my father today.
It`s the thoughtfulness that means so much.
Coyp

It was a real privilege to see your dad playing for the Pars, Montana. Being so small, he had to be so much more skillful and courageous than some of his hulking opponents. It says a lot that Willie Cunningham preferred him to Alex Ferguson, who notched 45 goals that season, for the 1965 SC final v Celtic. The Pars were favourites and Harry repaid his manager`s faith in him by opening the scoring. Unfortunately, our goalie, Jim Herriot, had one of his poore games and the Pars lost 3-2.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 08:21

He was a true legend montana10 .. Like GG I was lucky enough to have seen him play .. Thoughts and sympathy with you all

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 19:20

"It says a lot that Willie Cunningham preferred him to Alex Ferguson, who notched 45 goals that season, for the 1965 SC final v Celtic."

Sir Fergie had had a poor game the previous Saturday and may have cost us the league title by missing an absolute sitter that day v St. Johnstone which finished 1-1.

Having said that HM was a more than capable replacement - as proven by him scoring at Hampden.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net