DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Looking at the Table.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 12:51

I get the anguish with only being a couple of points away from a relegation playoff spot, but if we had won yesterday, we would be only 2 points off a playoff spot.
Even 4th place is only 7 points away from 9th and every team from 4th down could win or lose against each other depending on how they play on the day, and who gets the rub o` the green.

It seems a bit harsh to say we are a poor team or players can`t hack it at this level when we are pretty much matching 5 or 6 established Championship sides with the injuries we have had.

Calling for sackings and verbally assassinating players is madness.

The fact is we have 7 sides in the league who are very evenly matched, and that goes for coaching staff, too.

You can say we are poor, but the points on the board say we are holding our own, and we are beginning to get important players back.

Yesterday was very disappointing. I was sure we would win, but I still think we have enough to challenge for 4th.
9 games to go. Nailbiting stuff.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Looking at the Table.
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 12:56

We are getting important players back, but it is going to take at least another 3-4 games to get them back upto match fitness. My worry is that we are rapidly running out of games to pick up points and I don`t really see where our goals are going to come from (and many of us have been saying that all season!).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:04

You probably said that four games ago - and getting players back is better than not getting players back surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:19

I thought the fans were great yesterday, especially during a disappointing second half. I feel we do need to take points from the next two games to make up for yesterday loss though and we are more than capable of doing that but Chris Kane’s presence is vital between now and the rest of the season.

This is definitely one of the most competitive leagues in world football. Partick, who pundits still claimed had an outside chance of the title before playing us are only 9 points of second bottom as well!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:32

See if I read "I`ve been saying this all season" on this forum one more time I think my head is going to explode

We scored 2 on Saturday and 3 the week before!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Wed 06 Mar 13:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:41

Can we start to stop using the injuries as excuses now please? Injuries weren’t the reason we lost last night - we lost because we were poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:44

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 6 Mar 13:32

See if I read "I`ve been saying this all season" on this forum one more time I think my head is going to explode

We also scored hee haw in the midweek games.

Only Airdrie and Arbroath have scored less than us.

Scoring goals is our biggest problem, hopefully not a coincidence that the two games we didn`t score our new centre forward wasn`t playing. Hopefully he can play the remaining games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:52

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 6 Mar 13:41

Can we start to stop using the injuries as excuses now please? Injuries weren’t the reason we lost last night - we lost because we were poor.

Who said we got beat last night because of injuries?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 15:30

Quote:

No.

We are where we are because of excessive injuries. It is not an excuse. It is a reason.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 16:32

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 6 Mar 15:30

Quote:

No.

We are where we are because of excessive injuries. It is not an excuse. It is a reason.

But not the only reason

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 17:20

Quote:

I`ve been saying this all season.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 17:51

If we can’t consistently win at home to those around us we’re going to need some more ‘surprise’ results like the one at Partick which caley then repeated by winning at Morton on sat.

To me, we’re going to need to win one of the next 3 games or I fancy we’ll be 2nd bottom with 6 games to go…

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 17:59

Quote:

Yeah you`re right, we had the full squad back to match fitness ready to start last night. The whole first choice centre of defence were missing and KRH played his first minutes in months and wouldn`t have been thrown on if it could have been avoided.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 18:25

Topic Originator: Berkey like
Date: Wed 6 Mar 17:51

If we can’t consistently win at home to those around us we’re going to need some more ‘surprise’ results like the one at Partick which caley then repeated by winning at Morton on sat.

Interesting analysis but we`ve only got 4 home games left and they`re against United, Partick, ICT and QP. On the other hand we`ve only lost 3 of the 13 away games we`ve played so far. They were against Raith, Partick and QP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 19:10

Quote:

JTH123, Wed 6 Mar 17:59

Quote:

Yeah you`re right, we had the full squad back to match fitness ready to start last night. The whole first choice centre of defence were missing and KRH played his first minutes in months and wouldn`t have been thrown on if it could have been avoided.

We were 4 unbeaten before last night and created enough chances to take the lead at least……..but aye, injuries cost us 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 19:13

Quote:

sonofpetrie, Wed 6 Mar 17:20

Quote:

I`ve been saying this all season.

Gotcha

Post Edited (Wed 06 Mar 19:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 19:23

We’re not good as we have an average squad of footballers that are not consistent and need a bit of dig and fight in games. I believe we will be above the playoff place but hope they get a kick up the erse in preseason and come back strong.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net