DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scotland squad
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 13:13

Scotland squad for friendlies against the Netherlands (a) on 22 March and N Ireland (h) on 26 March :-

Goalkeepers: Zander Clark, Craig Gordon (both Hearts), Angus Gunn (Norwich), Liam Kelly (Motherwell)

Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds), Grant Hanley (Norwich), Jack Hendry (Al-Ettifaq), Scott McKenna (Copenhagen), Nathan Patterson (Everton), Ryan Porteous (Watford), Anthony Ralston (Celtic), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), John Souttar (Rangers), Greg Taylor (Celtic), Kieran Tierney (Real Sociedad)

Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Ryan Christie (Bournemouth), Lewis Ferguson (Bologna), Billy Gilmour (Brighton), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Kenny McLean (Norwich), Scott McTominay (Manchester United)

Forwards: Che Adams (Southampton), Lyndon Dykes (QPR), Lawrence Shankland (Hearts)

One notable omission is Callum McGregor who is injured.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scotland squad
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 15:18

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 12 Mar 13:13

Scotland squad for friendlies against the Netherlands (a) on 22 March and N Ireland (h) on 26 March :-

Goalkeepers: Zander Clark, Craig Gordon (both Hearts), Angus Gunn (Norwich), Liam Kelly (Motherwell)

Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds), Grant Hanley (Norwich), Jack Hendry (Al-Ettifaq), Scott McKenna (Copenhagen), Nathan Patterson (Everton), Ryan Porteous (Watford), Anthony Ralston (Celtic), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), John Souttar (Rangers), Greg Taylor (Celtic), Kieran Tierney (Real Sociedad)

Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton), Ryan Christie (Bournemouth), Lewis Ferguson (Bologna), Billy Gilmour (Brighton), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Kenny McLean (Norwich), Scott McTominay (Manchester United)

Forwards: Che Adams (Southampton), Lyndon Dykes (QPR), Lawrence Shankland (Hearts)

One notable omission is Callum McGregor who is injured.

Thought Josh Doig would have come in for the injured Aaron Hickey?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 15:23

Doig is with the under 21 squad I think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 17:34

Massively underwhelming squad. With the games being friendlies, I would have liked to see players like Ryan Hardie get a chance over Dykes who has been in and out of the QPR squad recently. Liam Lindsay has been highly rated as well and Ibane Bowatt has been playing every week in the top league in Austria for a team chasing a European spot.

I expected to see Harvey Barnes in the squad too but I’m wondering if he’s interested after all?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big G Ball  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 17:49

So forward thinking bring back a 41 year old keeper into a squad when he is playing second fiddle at his club…….Steve Clarke has done a lot of great things but seriously question this move?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:01

I don`t think this is the time to bring in new faces. It`s the nucleus of the squad that will be going to the Euros and has to be pared to 23 whilst allowing for the inclusion of Callum McGregor if fit. Clarke`s comments suggest the central defenders are most at risk of exclusion. Only 3 keepers will be going so there`s no guarantee Gordon will go but I suspect most fans would think he should still be under consideration even at the age of 41.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:06

I`d still love us to try and get some Scotland eligible players in the squad, who are as yet uncapped by England. I know these are friendlies so wouldn`t move the dial on that account, but there are loads of players eligible for Scotland who I think are better than what`s there..

Anthony Gordon
Harvey Barnes
Tino Livramento
Jarrell Quansah
Archie Gray

Probably a few more than that too...hopefully Clarke is working on some of these guys...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:21

Assuming he`ll have most of the squad for summer decided already with a few places up for grabs. Four goalies seems a bit excessive, a hell of a lot of centre backs as well but maybe going to try different pairings.

Bit concerning for Hickey, must be a good 6 months now he`s been injured and i`d have him starting ahead of Patterson if fit. Wouldn't take Ralston or Taylor if you have Hickey/Patterson and Tierney/Robertson on each side fit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Tue 12 Mar 18:24)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:42

Was perfect time to experiment, can only think that either he`s not interested in blooding anyone right now or they`re not interested.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:43

I wonder why Gauld doesn’t get a look in?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why we include 4 Goalkeepers?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:52

I would guess its to help Gordon along and bedding back into the squad? A fully fit Gordon is ahead of Clark and Kelly easily still.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:55

Quote:

AlterPar, Tue 12 Mar 18:43

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why we include 4 Goalkeepers?

Who are you dropping to play Gauld? Which midfielder is he better than?

Steve Clarke gave a interview on why he`s taking the 4 keepers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 19:05

Fair enough. I’d drop McLean to give him a chance but I have a feeling he won’t ever get in!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 19:26

Anyone thinking this is a bad squad decision is off their rocker - 3 months before the Euros is not the time to experiment with random call ups for the odd game. Leave that for the Nations League in 2nd half of the year.

Gordon clearly better than Kelly and Clark and still recovering from injury - 100% should be in squad either way but Gunn will be no1.

Hopefully Hickey is fit for June and KT stays injury free 🤞🏻 correct choice of strikers too
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 21:03

That`ll be Harvey Barnes, Anthony Gordon, Tino Livramento and Elliot Anderson not interested in Scotland then.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 21:22

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Tue 12 Mar 21:03

That`ll be Harvey Barnes, Anthony Gordon, Tino Livramento and Elliot Anderson not interested in Scotland then.

There loss. Only Gordon would make the starting XI anyway when everyone is fit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 21:48

Quote:

Kdy Par, Tue 12 Mar 21:22

Quote:

Livramento is a quality right back, Gordon is better than our attacking minds outwith Mcginn and our forwards can easily be improved
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 22:02

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 12 Mar 21:48

Quote:

Quote:

Livramento is a quality right back, Gordon is better than our attacking minds outwith Mcginn and our forwards can easily be improved

Only Gordon is good enough to get into the best Scotland XI. Clarke won’t waste time chasing players who aren’t interested, the squad harmony is too important.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 22:29

How does Anthony Gordon qualify as Scottish?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 23:16

Google suggests he has Irish and Scottish grandparents
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 01:28

Quote:

AlterPar, Tue 12 Mar 18:43

Now with Vancouver Whitecaps, so probably the level he is playing at isn’t the standard Clarke wants for the Euros.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[

Post Edited (Wed 13 Mar 01:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 05:24

Quote:

Quote:

Barnes is better than Gordon 😂 been injured most of season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 11:07

Quote:

Kdy Par, Tue 12 Mar 22:02

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only Gordon is good enough to get into the best Scotland XI. Clarke won’t waste time chasing players who aren’t interested, the squad harmony is too important.

Wait, you think Paterson, Hickey and Che are better than Livramento and Barnes? 😅
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 12:21

Quote:

Andrew283, Wed 13 Mar 11:07

Quote:

Kdy Par, Tue 12 Mar 22:02

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wait, you think Paterson, Hickey and Che are better than Livramento and Barnes? 😅

I’d have Hickey before Livramento every single day of the week. Barnes isn’t a striker, he’s more a winger which Scotland don’t play.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 13:14

interesting to see what happens with Mcgregor out the squad.

for me you drop McTominay into a deeper holding role in the middle with Ferguson coming in as the front footed midfielder.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 13:49

You`d move our biggest goal threat from the qualifiers deep?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 13:54

Scotland`s two home warm-up matches for Euro 2024 are to be broadcast live by the BBC following a deal with rights holder Viaplay.

Northern Ireland visit on 26 March, with Finland at Hampden on 7 June before the squad departs for Germany.

BBC Scotland and BBC Three will provide the coverage, along with Viaplay, while the first game is also available on BBC Two Northern Ireland.

Both friendlies in Glasgow will kick off at 19:45.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 15:36

I`d put McTominay up front and put Ferguson in behind. He is one of the top attacking midfielders in Europe just now, we have to get him in there

Post Edited (Wed 13 Mar 15:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 16:45

I was at Elland Road last Tuesday and, for one so young, Archie Gray was impressively composed when he came on as a sub in a high-pressure situation. Here`s hoping his dad/grandad/great uncle can convince him to play for Scotland.

Post Edited (Wed 13 Mar 17:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 14 Mar 14:33

Gordon is in the England squad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Fri 15 Mar 12:03

Quote:

Ronaldo, Wed 13 Mar 16:45

I was at Elland Road last Tuesday and, for one so young, Archie Gray was impressively composed when he came on as a sub in a high-pressure situation. Here`s hoping his dad/grandad/great uncle can convince him to play for Scotland.

The wee man was immense against chelsea in the fa cup, dominating a midfield worth £220million +

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net