DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Matty Todd
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 17 Mar 20:44

I thought we should recognise his 100 appearances for the club with a separate thread. There`s a good article on COWS about him and a photo taken in the changing room after Friday`s match with all his team-mates. There are 26 players in it which must be the size of the first-team squad now. He has scored 17 goals in these 100 appearances which isn`t a bad strike rate for a midfield player.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Matty Todd
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 05:29

Congratulations to the young man. I would be very surprised if there wasn’t an offer for him in the summer. Has been inconsistent in some recent games but still has that edge to his game where when he clicks, then the team always play better. I think that inconsistency comes for being out for so long and when he gets the clear run of games he will be flying.
Been a great servant already to the club at such a time of flux and is a real asset to have in the team and also supporters really take to him.
So on a football journey there are many years left for him to reach his true exciting potential. Well done lad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 06:24

He’s one of a few players we have that can make a difference at this level. I’d be interested to see a stat comparing the % of games we win when he’s involved compared to when he’s not- certainly feels like we win more when he plays. Obviously scored on Friday but it was from a forward run that I don’t think others would have made that led to the second.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 06:52

A thread to celebrate Matty`s century of Pars appearances is an excellent idea. There`s no doubt in my mind that he brings more energy to the team when he plays. He can get us up the pitch, and his habit of chipping in with the odd goal is invaluable. I`m sure he could play in the top flight now, but I hope he sticks around and does it in a Pars shirt.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 08:09

Congrats to Marty Todd….he. Makes a big difference to the team with his forward runs etc. just hope we can keep him and Otto for next season.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 09:01

Some lad. Written off early doors by many including me when he broke through. Now a bona fide Hall of famer

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 09:07

He can also produce the unexpected. I loved his goal from the centre circle away to Clyde last season and a cheeky lob at Alloa when he spotted the keeper off his line.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Mar 09:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 09:20

He will have a career in the top flight,
Hopefully it`s with us, if not he will defo be off the English championship minimum.

Wish him all he best in his career. Him otoo and fisher are a fantastic foundation to build a squad around.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 09:53

What`s special about Todd is he`s a local lad. IMO we`ve missed that sort of thing for a while. I suppose most clubs have. Lads who grew up watching their team and wanting to play for them.

I`m sure he`ll attract offers in the coming seasons so let`s enjoy him whilst we can.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 11:25

Matty is a winner, for his goal on Friday you can see him drop of the CH he knows KRH is going to cut it back to the penalty spot and hes there to sweep it into the far corner.

A class act.

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 12:25

Lets enjoy him while we can! Hes going onto bigger things! Hope not for a few seasons yet!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 13:50

The touch/turn/finish against Partick was an absolutely outrageous piece of skill. We`ve really missed his forward running and ability to do something unexpected this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 14:20

Always had a great engine, but now he shows up in the right places at the right time. Would be a nightmare to defend. Seems to have rekindled his understanding with KRH from last year now that both of them are healthy.

After difficulties this season with injuries and results at times, it was great to see the players’ smiles in the photo on COWS after the match on Friday. They look genuinely happy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 18:31

Someone mentioned this but I had forgotten about his brilliant goal against Clyde last season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Mar 18:37

Could some clever techy person not put together a montage of some or all of his goals to celebrate his century of games?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Fri 22 Mar 20:41

Well done Matty – he certainly deserves a congratulatory thread.

(I had him only on 99 appearances, but a recount confirmed I was out by 1)

I make this 10 in 2018/19, 7 in 19/20, 2 in 20/21 then 26 in 21/22, 40 in 22/23 and 15 so far in 23/24.

It’s been a pleasure to watch him develop into a very good player, showing great bouncebackability after a number of setbacks.

A few incidents come to mind.

The first was the “Sliding Doors” moment.

After making his debut under Allan Johnston in a Challenge Cup match (or whatever it was called – Irn Bru Cup perhaps?) he was given a few games under Stevie Crawford before seemingly falling out of favour (I think he was criticised for failing to make an impact in a cup tie at Cappielow, which seemed a bit harsh).

But then in the Grant/Hughes season Aaron Comrie gets booked for an aerial challenge at the back post down at Rugby Park, then late on, with the Pars trailing, someone (I forget whom) is short with a pass. If Comrie doesn’t go for it, Killie will run down the park and put the game to bed – Comrie attempts the challenge, doesn’t get the ball and is inevitably red carded, leaving a vacancy at right back for the next match. Allegedly Leon Jones was lined up to substitute but he got CoVid and so Todd was the surprise replacement. He was a revelation, kept his place, and it seemed he might be converted to a full time wing back.

The second was James McPake’s comment not long after he had taken over about how hard Matty was working.

The third was a goal he scored early on that season when a cross went in at the back post. Soon after he scored a lob at Alloa, from virtually the half-way line at Clyde and then he ran half the length of the pitch at Arbroath to slot past Cammie Gill (surely it would have been easier just to bang it home from 50 yards?) – he was scoring from everywhere, and his goals were a huge factor in getting us to the top of the table (Wighton scored a few late in the season to add a bit of gloss).

So a combination of luck, hard work, resilience and skill gets its rewards.

(I’m not sure who will be next to the milestone – Comrie and Edwards are well over 150, McCann hit the century last year. Wighton is on 99 I think).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 00:11

Agree. Saw him play against Partick Thistle at Fir Hill early doors in his career ( may even have been his first senior game) and he looked very much out if his depth.

Witnessed him turn round the game against Falkirk last year in the second half, with his endeavour when the game was going no where which led led to a season defining win.

Now he is assured in most things he does and absolutely deserves a move to a higher level within football - well done Matty to all you have achieved so far and to all your future achievements, you will be missed whenever you move on.

A true success story for the Pars.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net