DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Loan Deals Logic
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 20 Mar 06:22

An interesting article on COWS in which James McPake explains the logic behind sending some younger players out on loan and getting others in.

https://dafc.co.uk/thoughts-behind-loan-deals/

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Loan Deals Logic
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 20 Mar 16:26

I kind of get it but then I don’t get what for example holmes offers that Sutherland doesn’t? That Benjamin offers that Fenton doesn’t?

Is it with an eye to signing them up in the summer on permanent deals so we give them more game time to assess them?

Or is the assumption that if they are coming from higher ranked clubs they are deemed a better quality youngster compared to what we have on the books?

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Wed 20 Mar 16:56

I think it is because they are a year or two ahead physically,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 20 Mar 18:31

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 20 Mar 16:26

I kind of get it but then I don’t get what for example holmes offers that Sutherland doesn’t? That Benjamin offers that Fenton doesn’t?

Is it with an eye to signing them up in the summer on permanent deals so we give them more game time to assess them?

Or is the assumption that if they are coming from higher ranked clubs they are deemed a better quality youngster compared to what we have on the books?

I can`t disagree with you, but you are speaking with the benefit of hindsight. Are Holmes and Benjamin not a bit older than Sutherland and Fenton? Chucking very young players into a struggling team can be the making of them, but it`s more likely to set them back by denting their confidence big time. If that happens to the young lads we`ve brought in on loan, we can cynically send them back to their parent clubs.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 20 Mar 19:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 20 Mar 18:31

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 20 Mar 16:26

I can`t disagree with you, but you are speaking with the benefit of hindsight. Are Holmes and Benjamin not a bit older than Sutherland and Fenton? Chucking very young players into a struggling team can be the making of them, but it`s more likely to set them back by denting their confidence big time. If that happens to the young lads we`ve brought in on loan, we can cynically send them back to their parent clubs.....

Miller Fentons older than Benjamin by 3 months……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 12:07

Fenton’s a LB. Benjamin’s a RB/CB. I think Benjamin was supposed to provide cover for Comrie/Fisher and was also in response to us missing Benedictus, Fisher, Breen and Comrie all at the same time and to allow Hamilton and/or Otoo to return to midfield. Fenton isn’t a CB so it wouldn’t make sense to throw him in there, as an inexperienced LB. Benjamin’s arrival shouldn’t have any real impact on Fenton’s involvement. It’s Josh Edwards’ role that Fenton has been there to provide cover for.

FWIW Fenton is also now out injured - he has been at the last 2 games in crutches, alongside the other injured players.

On Holmes/Sutherland, they’re clearly very different players. Holmes seems to have been signed to be a big physical striker. Sutherland is definitely a very different type of striker. I don’t understand the arrival of Holmes, as he hasn’t looked like he’s added anything in his brief appearances to date.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 21 Mar 12:41

Tbf when we`ve already got MFW and you get offered his captain, you`ve gotta at least get a good look at him especially when we were light at the back.

It hasn`t worked out for him, but there must be a half decent player there. His confidence would have taken a battering.

Getting MFW should be a priority with his sprinting background we can play a higher line, hopefully the board are working hard to secure a deal. Could be a very important signing for us.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net