DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Utd v Rovers ticket fiasco
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:19

Surprised no topic on this so far. Our friendly quiet neighbours to the east have somewhat become annoyed by Dundee Uniteds decision to slash their allocation from 2000 to 1300 for the top 2 clash next week.

Some very public condemnation from Rovers board members have irked the United leadership into a retaliatory response.

Long story cut short, has Rovers consistent belittling of other clubs via their official media channels caused a problem for their own fans when they need them the most? Are United overstepping? Has someone in the United board taken proper offence to cartoons and gifs and gone “have some of this ya pr*cks”.

For me, if it was to happen to any other club I’d be much more sympathetic, but seeing as it’s that lot after their shenanigans this season -I’m inclined to say suck it up.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Utd v Rovers ticket fiasco
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:26

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-murray-claims-dundee-utd-32415492.amp

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4929445/dundee-united-raith-rovers-ticket-allocation-luigi-capuano

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:27

If you think the rovers fans are pissed off just now wait and see them if we make play offs and beat them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:32

Raith conduct themselves incredibly unprofessionally IMO. They`ve been told the reason but decided to go out with a "youse are chickens" and belittling the reason, which my understanding relates to a Health and Safety concern. According to Dundee Utd, their ticketing staff have now received threats from irate Raith fans.

Would it be so hard to say "We`re disappointed with the allocation but we`re sure the fans will still play a massive part in being the 12th man" instead of getting petty in the papers? I`ve never liked Dundee Utd but Raith are becoming very unlikeable as a club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:36

In response to the OP, United are well within their rights to limit the allocation of visiting fans right down to 0, if they so wish. I`m not saying they`re morally right, but we`ve already seen precedents set by a number of Premiership clubs, including Rangers and Celtic.

The SPFL has taken no action against these clubs so they can hardly sanction United.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:40

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 23 Mar 13:36

In response to the OP, United are well within their rights to limit the allocation of visiting fans right down to 0, if they so wish. I`m not saying they`re morally right, but we`ve already seen precedents set by a number of Premiership clubs, including Rangers and Celtic.

The SPFL has taken no action against these clubs so they can hardly sanction United.

Oh come on, if they reduced our allocation to 0 you would rightly be angered no?

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 13:49

No sympathy after them charging us & Utd more than the other away fans this season.

Don`t agree with zero away fans but given it`s only the gruesome twosome that do it, I don`t think we need to lose any sleep, lol!

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 14:00

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sat 23 Mar 13:40

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 23 Mar 13:36

Oh come on, if they reduced our allocation to 0 you would rightly be angered no?

Damn right, I would. Read my post again, mate. I wasn`t defending the Arabs. Were Rangers or Celtic sanctioned when they banned away fans? Did Hearts not also do something similar?

The SPFL have opened the door to any club that knows they can fill their stadium with their own fans....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 14:03

I blame your native beers for that!

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 23 Mar 15:43

Quote:

Parster, Sat 23 Mar 13:27

If you think the rovers fans are pissed off just now wait and see them if we make play offs and beat them

Will Rovers need the playoffs ?

Post Edited (Sat 23 Mar 16:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 08:39

Honestly, they need to get over it, its getting embarrassing now.

Any club fighting for a title would want the biggest advantage possible. If its also caused by a police decision it makes the Rovers moaning even worse.

Get it up them, Id say.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 09:40

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 23 Mar 15:43

Quote:

If they finish second they will.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 17:00

Quote:

answer, Sun 24 Mar 09:40

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 23 Mar 15:43

Quote:

If they finish second they will.

Seriously?!!!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net