DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:43

I know this will not go down well with some of our support, but let`s be magnanimous and congratulate Falkirk in winning league one. Looks like we will recommence hostilities with them next season, unless the unlikely happens and we pass them on the way down, or the even more unlikely happens and we reach the Premier. Three cheers now for the navy blue.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:47

Yer an awfy man Paralex .. soon be time for a coffee and cake methinks .. let me know when yer next through .. Hope you are well

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:48

If they go up undefeated we`ll never hear the end of it - can Montrose repeat the number they did on us last season ?

Five seasons in the third tier - couldn`t have happened to a nicer bunch !!!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:55

As long as we give them a few good skelpings VEE, I think we can live with that.

Look forward to that Busspass. Will be in touch.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:56

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 30 Mar 17:43

I know this will not go down well with some of our support, but let`s be magnanimous and congratulate Falkirk in winning league one. Looks like we will recommence hostilities with them next season, unless the unlikely happens and we pass them on the way down, or the even more unlikely happens and we reach the Premier. Three cheers now for the navy blue.


Like a lead balloon 🎈
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:57

League 1 is so much poorer this year without ourselves and Airdrie. Don`t see anything special in that Falkirk team compared to when we dominated them last season
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:01

To be fair it’s a great achievement in any professional league to go through a whole season without being beat. Saying that, let them come up and see how they deal with the championship clubs. Gives us another shot at putting them in their place
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:07

Credit where it`s due. Winning a league in march is some going.

Makes the championship a much better league.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:10

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 30 Mar 17:43

I know this will not go down well with some of our support, but let`s be magnanimous and congratulate Falkirk in winning league one. Looks like we will recommence hostilities with them next season, unless the unlikely happens and we pass them on the way down, or the even more unlikely happens and we reach the Premier. Three cheers now for the navy blue.


They have brainwashed you on that train…..
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:12

I think i`d fancy VEE and busspasspar in a foot race with the Montrose #4

---------------------------------------------------------------


"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:19

I’ll say well done to them!

Can’t wait for next year with us, rovers, airdrie and falkirk in the same league
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:23

I`ll no be congratulating them. Tonight, tomorrow or ever. Horrible club with fans who hate us and a rape apologist for a manager

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sat 30 Mar 18:23)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:23

More magnanimity than I expected. Well done guys, brings a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:28

Stuff them. Horrible little club and they will get found wanting next season. That team while good enough to win that league (with ZERO competition), will be a bottom two team in the Championship.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:28

Took them long enough. F*ck them and hope the worst for the horrible institute.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:31

No doubt they think the same about us. Time to bury the hatchet.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:37

If we manage to pull off the unthinkable and win the play offs it would be outstanding - Rovers giving the big un all season and we beat them to it, then Falkirk coming up for their “derby” and we arent even there to enjoy pumping them!

We can all dream I suppose 😂
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 18:57

Stranger things have happened Dave. Funny old game. Hit form at the right time and who knows.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:00

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 30 Mar 18:37

If we manage to pull off the unthinkable and win the play offs it would be outstanding - Rovers giving the big un all season and we beat them to it, then Falkirk coming up for their “derby” and we arent even there to enjoy pumping them!

We can all dream I suppose 😂


We are running out of games for us to meet the playoffs with teams below us having games in hand ,sad but True, so close but yet so far
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:15

They’re currently 7-1 up on Montrose

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:38

Great craic on the train between Dundee and Arbroath serenaded with wall-to-wall Norrie songs.

They can GTF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 19:53

The League One trophy will forever be engraved....

2022-2023 Dunfermline Athletic
2023-2024 Falkirk

Forever below us..............
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 22:15

Nope won`t be congratulating them.

Bunch of nasty Huns without a bus fair.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 23:19

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 30 Mar 17:47

Yer an awfy man Paralex .. soon be time for a coffee and cake methinks .. let me know when yer next through .. Hope you are well


And for that outrageous statement Al, your paying.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 00:38

Great stuff BigT, I knew that would get them going. More than happy to pay.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 00:51

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 31 Mar 00:38

Great stuff BigT, I knew that would get them going. More than happy to pay.


😁 We need to get it organised mate.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 02:04

Looks like I`ll be down East Lothian way on 22 to 26 April. Maybe be able to arrange something in that week Big T and Busspass.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 02:15

Worked with Falkirk most of my working life and have yet to meet a decent one, personally ok but football wise absolute To55ers, even worse than the biggot brothers.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:12

If we stay up grangemouth coming up and potentially rovers staying put will be welcomed by our bank balance.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:35

Probably end up with them all on Friday nights again so maybe not

Ep.14 of East End Tales is out now- The Draft

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14182410
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 18:39

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sun 31 Mar 18:35

Probably end up with them all on Friday nights again so maybe not


I`m sure you can only have a certain amount of home games moved for TV unsure of the number or if it is capped

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 13:18

Nice to see wee DRoss getting it tight from Falkirk fans, first time I`ve agreed with them!👍
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 13:26

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Sat 30 Mar 18:23

I`ll no be congratulating them. Tonight, tomorrow or ever. Horrible club with fans who hate us and a rape apologist for a manager

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sat 30 Mar 18:23)

Am away for a lie doon. Agree 100%.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 14:00

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 31 Mar 18:12

If we stay up grangemouth coming up and potentially rovers staying put will be welcomed by our bank balance.


If we stay up! You`re cheery. Have you seen a game recently? I think those concerns are behind us just as the manager said they would be at the time.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 14:45

If we lost on Saturday we could have been 3 off 9th? It`s a tight league with a few bad results we could be down there. At this moment in time we could be playing in any 1 of 3 leagues.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:46

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 1 Apr 14:45

If we lost on Saturday we could have been 3 off 9th? It`s a tight league with a few bad results we could be down there. At this moment in time we could be playing in any 1 of 3 leagues.


Not exactly blessed with a positive mindset, are you. Footballers have to believe they can win the next game and if they don`t, it`s the manager`s job to make them believe they can.

If you think you can win, you might.
If you think you will lose, you`ve lost......



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 20:56

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 1 Apr 14:45

If we lost on Saturday we could have been 3 off 9th? It`s a tight league with a few bad results we could be down there. At this moment in time we could be playing in any 1 of 3 leagues.


I was worried a few weeks ago but come on, we`ve gained 16 points from our last 8 games. We must be the form team in the league right now. You honestly think we`re going to be relegated?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 00:06

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 1 Apr 20:56

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 1 Apr 14:45

If we lost on Saturday we could have been 3 off 9th? It`s a tight league with a few bad results we could be down there. At this moment in time we could be playing in any 1 of 3 leagues.


I was worried a few weeks ago but come on, we`ve gained 16 points from our last 8 games. We must be the form team in the league right now. You honestly think we`re going to be relegated?


Pretty sure we are the form team currently. We`ve had a very needed turn around at the best time of the season
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 01:22

"Pretty sure we are the form team currently. We`ve had a very needed turn around at the best time of the season"

Depends over what period you measure it.

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=11

Over the last 6 games DAFC (12 pts) are just ahead of Airdrie, Dundee Utd and Partick.

But from the same table, over the last 5 games then Partick and Dundee Utd (10 pts)are just ahead of DAFC.

Over the last 4 games AND the last 3 games Partick and DAFC are level at the top (9 pts).

So Saturday`s match is between the top two form teams.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 17:35

Congratulate them? No.

I hope their stadium burns down and they go out of business.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk win league one without kicking a ball
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 17:40

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 1 Apr 20:56

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 1 Apr 14:45

If we lost on Saturday we could have been 3 off 9th? It`s a tight league with a few bad results we could be down there. At this moment in time we could be playing in any 1 of 3 leagues.


I was worried a few weeks ago but come on, we`ve gained 16 points from our last 8 games. We must be the form team in the league right now. You honestly think we`re going to be relegated?


I never said I thought we were going to get relegated ? What is said is this league is so tight a few bad/ good results we could be in the playoffs at both ends of the league so can still potentially be part of any 1 of 3 leagues.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net