DAFC.net
Home 29 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 What`s your most common Pars result?
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 16:51

I`ve just done a quick check and yesterday was the sixth time I`ve witnessed a 1-1 draw between Dunfermline and Partiick Thistle – my first was at Firhill in September 1974 when Dennis Nelson scored our equaliser. I’m pretty sure DAFC 1 PTFC 1 (home or away) must be the Dunfermline result I’ve seen the most over the years. What’s yours?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: What`s your most common Pars result?
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 17:04

I have absolutely no intention of trawling back over 45 years` worth of Pars results to work that out.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 17:05

How did you check it, Ronaldo? Do you keep a record of all Pars games you`ve been to?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 17:40

Probably 1-1 v St Johnstone.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 17:51

Sorry, it probably reads like I’m obsessed with stats, but it’s a bit more anecdotal than that – like a lot of fans, my most cherished football memories are linked to when I first started going to games. And, in the case of Thistle, it probably runs a bit deeper than that. I was born in Dunfermline but grew up not far from Firhill, and a lot of people at school were Thistle fans – I got booted up the backside a few times for my trouble – so, for me, there was a lot riding on Pars games against them. I was at both 1-1 draws, home and away, in 73/74 and at another one in 75/76 when Graeme Shaw equalised with a late screamer (his last goal for the club) and I was there for a 1-1 draw at Firhill early 82/83 … so that’s four. I remember going to another 1-1, I think around 2008 (the stakes were much lower for me by then), which brings us to yesterday. It was another 1-1, though I would have preferred 2-1 with Kane’s late strike going in off the post. Despite the passing years, I still have the opposite of a soft spot for the ‘Jags’. :o)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 18:39

Disappointment.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Apr 18:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 18:42

St Johnstone always springs to mind when witnessing draws for some reason.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 19:36

Quote:

Athletico, Sun 7 Apr 18:39

Disappointment.

😆😆😆

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 19:45

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 7 Apr 19:36

Quote:

Athletico, Sun 7 Apr 18:39

Disappointment.

😆😆😆

:):):)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 22:51

I was at the Game in 1974. I won a prize in the Junior Supporters Club. You got to travel on the team bus to an away game, lunch with the team then directors box seats for the game and back home on the bus. What a prize. 50 years on I still remember it.
Saw a few one each with Partick.
John Donnelly scored two own goals in the same season for Partick and us in the Partick Pars fixtures.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 14:30

Wow! A prize that`s lasted a lifetime PL. :o) There was a decent crowd in that day ... Thistle were still experiencing a ‘71 League Cup bounce and we were optimistic having scored 100-plus goals the season before. I really thought we could climb back to the heights and, although we were a decent side, it wasn`t to be. Just too inconsistent. That’s an amazing stat for John Donnelly.

Post Edited (Tue 09 Apr 14:31)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net