DAFC.net
Home 01 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Player availability
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 18:11

According to the manager`s pre-match preview Hamilton and Jakubiak will be available on Saturday. Allan and Comrie could be available next week. Not sure about Wighton but Ben Summers` season is over and he has returned to Celtic.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Player availability
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 18:14

Expected more out of Summers this season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 18:34

He can hardly perform when he`s injured!

No mention of Bene; I hope that means his withdrawal at Airdrie last week was purely precautionary.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 18:43

I`m feeling a bit more confident if we going with Hamilton and Otoo in the middle.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 20:47

Ben Summers was a big disappointment. Seems to be highly thought of at Celtic with a long term contract there. He always looked like he was carrying an injury, even when he started for us
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 20:50

Just watch summers have a fantastic season next year playing in the championship for another team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 21:14

I think summers could be a better player next season, the problem we’ve had with him is the championship is quite a high level for these youngsters to get their first taste of mens football and he’s rarely made much impact. With Todd out we ended up relying on Moffat and summers for creativity and it rarely happened.

Agree da no 1, much much happier with them both in the midfield. Quite happy with them 2 and Todd with a full preseason behind him in the middle next year.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 10:06

It`s interesting to remind ourselves of the team we fielded in the last game against QP on 10 February and compare it with the likely team tomorrow.

DUNFERMLINE: Deniz Mehmet, Xavier Benjamin, Chris Hamilton (c), Ewan Otoo, Aaron Comrie, Paul Allan, Joe Chalmers, Ben Summers (Owen Moffat 57), Josh Edwards, Michael O’Halloran (Taylor Sutherland 80), Lewis McCann (Brad Holmes 67).
SUBS NOT USED: Miller Fenton, Jake Sutherland, Sam Young, Max Little (GK)

Probably only 4 of the starting eleven will start tomorrow and two of them in different positions!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 10:45

As wee eck points out , the team that we will be fielding against QP tomorrow will be a lot stronger than the last game ,
All I ask for is that whoever is playing turns up , and we get the win ! As there has been a few lacklustre performances this season ,yes some has been down to shoehorning a player into a position they normally play due to our injury crisis this season , but I do look for effort not just going through the motions
One player I know will run through a brick wall for the Pars and that is hammy , so I am happy to see he is fit as that will give us the dig in midfield we need
Cmon Ye Pars

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 10:49

.....Summers....bit like Scottish Summers every now and again you get a good one!

He had a great 45mins against Ayr at Somerset. He was excellent, totally bossed the midfield everything was going through him. Unfortunately that was it, he`s never reproduced that form in subsequent games.

There`s a player in there.

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 11:02

I hope we see Bene

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 14:50

Quote:

Angus_W, Fri 19 Apr 10:49

.....Summers....bit like Scottish Summers every now and again you get a good one!

He had a great 45mins against Ayr at Somerset. He was excellent, totally bossed the midfield everything was going through him. Unfortunately that was it, he`s never reproduced that form in subsequent games.

There`s a player in there.

I agree there is a great wee player in there, however his loss of ball in front of the back 4 has punished us multiple times. I would really like a longer look at the lad without injury and also to have stronger players supporting. Real baptism of fire this year for the lad and he has been as consistent as a young lad coming into the hardened Championship can be. I hope he progresses and learns from the mistakes he has made with us. He is the real Marmite.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 15:00

I think if everyone was fit, Summers could have done well this season as part of a midfield 3 alongside Otoo and Hamilton. I think he would shine in a team going well.

Story of the season, though. Injuries to him and the rest of the squad meant that we didn`t see the best of him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 15:09

Can see him being a bit of a Paddy McCourt. Not going to run himself into the ground but will pull of bits of magic here and there with no defensive responsibilities

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 18:03

Hey Wullie fancy a cuddle afore ko the morn?

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 18:13

I`d be happy to have Summers back, it wasn`t ideal conditions for him (and the team as a whole) that we could rarely use our best central midfielders behind him, and he like most suffered quite a few niggly injuries. With more luck on the injury front and a stronger midfield behind him, I think he`d create and score pretty regularly playing as an attacking midfielder or wide forward.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 18:20

Lorna if your request is for me , I am up for anything LOL

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 18:51

Has Tinder taken over dafc.net?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 19:17

Yippee!

Tinder? Get oot. It’s DAFC.met 😉

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: piepar  
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 19:34

Maybe a bit cynical but I wouldn’t lose much sleep if Dom ended up being relegated. Let’s get all three points tomorrow to help them on their way

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Apr 19:36

Nice one, buffy!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net