DAFC.net
Home 18 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Inverness
Topic Originator: adj27  
Date:   Sat 4 May 17:10

Inverness are the only team outside the top 4 in any of the 4 senior leagues in Scotland to finish the season with a positive goal difference and yet have finished in the relegation playoff position - the vast majority of games they have lost (or won for that matter) must have been really close.

Andy
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Inverness
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 4 May 17:26

I think they will win the playoffs comfortably. They have went into them in form and are comfortably better than any of the league one teams

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 4 May 17:34

It`s small margins that decide a lot of these issues. If we`d kept the score down to 0-4 in the home game against Morton we would have clinched 5th place on goals scored!

I see Livi are definitely relegated and Stranraer play off against East Kilbride to keep their League 2 status despite beating champions Stenhousemuir 2-0. Annan condemned Stirling to the League1/League2 play-offs by drawing with them and Falkirk managed to go the whole season without losing a League game by drawing 2-2 with Alloa.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big G Ball  
Date:   Sat 4 May 17:47

The fact that Ferguson has made absolutely no difference to their league position says it all about big Dunc. Hopeless at forest green and hopeless at Inverness……won’t ever make it as a pundit so will be fondly remembered as another good player but **** manager

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 4 May 17:54

Big dunc was well thought of in terms of working with the youth at Everton but hasn’t got the nouse when managing. Perhaps a poor man’s potter!

Hamilton have had a decent season and might give inverness a decent game.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 4 May 20:41

Quote:

Big G Ball, Sat 4 May 17:47

The fact that Ferguson has made absolutely no difference to their league position says it all about big Dunc. Hopeless at forest green and hopeless at Inverness……won’t ever make it as a pundit so will be fondly remembered as another good player but **** manager

His record in the Championship is P29, W10, D11, L8. GD+8.

Not that hopeless having taken over a team with 1 point after 7 games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 4 May 21:02

Yet wasn`t good enough to get them out the play off spot. I dunno the circumstances up there but it`s grim reading. Play offs can end very badly.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 5 May 10:26

Duncan Ferguson was appointed on 26th September. At this point they were bottom of the league, with 1 point from 6 games. They were 5 points behind 8th place.

30 games later, they were still as low as 9th, but they were only 3 points behind 5th. To argue he didn’t improve fortunes at all is just daft. If Billy McKay had scored even one of his two penalties against us, that could have kept them up and would possibly have seen them finish above us.

Completely forgot Arbroath got 12 points from their first 6 games. What a terrible last 30 games that was.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net