DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Legends
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:26

Hi folks. Am I right in thinking you get into legends before the game for a pint if you have a season ticket or is that wrong.

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Legends
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:53

I didn`t need a season ticket to get in last season - I just needed show that I was a home fan (showed my ticket).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lesliepartoo  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 10:52

Thanks. Appreciated

Cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 12:10

Legends and Charlie D`s open to all home fans before games. And away fans some games.

Although they started closing Charlie D`s at the end of the season, which was pretty frustrating for the regulars.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 12:14

Didn’t have enough staff to work both bars unfortunately

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 14:54

I`m aware of the reason given at the time Buffy. Hard to comprehend a company that can employ a CEO and also a Commercial Manager, but struggle to get 2 additional bar staff to work 3 hours on a Saturday.

Bizarre if true.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 15:48

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Wed 26 Jun 14:54

I`m aware of the reason given at the time Buffy. Hard to comprehend a company that can employ a CEO and also a Commercial Manager, but struggle to get 2 additional bar staff to work 3 hours on a Saturday.

Bizarre if true.

3 hours on a Saturday? try 7 hours sometimes 8 and for most of the staff it’s not their only job so maybe a few of them have decided that working Monday to Friday at their main job then coming to do a shift at east end on a Saturday isn’t for them anymore
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PeterHu50  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 16:05

Have a wander around any high street in the country and look the cafe/restaurant/bar windows. The vast majority have signs up advertising for staff; it’s not just EEP.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 16:48

The bar staff are also hired to cover any events on the day itself so back oh the net is correct in suggesting 7/8 hrs. Could be longer than that too.

If it was only 3 hrs I’d do it - but I suspect my “barista training for a day” at Costas won’t help one bit! (wisnae any good at that either!)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 16:53

Is it was an 8 hour shift when I did it for a season. Ignorance to think you can just find find someone for 3 hours any weekend.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 21:33

Everything is taken as a criticism of individuals. `Maybe Mary doesn`t want to do a shift after a hard week at work`.

It`s not a criticism of anyone that is doing the job, or deciding they don`t want to do the job.

The fact remains, we are a professional club with a Commercial Director. Bar revenue on match day is a source of income for the club. If we choose to close a bar or are incapable of staffing one, that is an opportunity missed and furthermore, encourages people to take their pre match spending elsewhere.

We`re happy to do surveys on matchday experience - but shoot down anyone that thinks it`s sub-par.

The good feeling, fan involvement and live music that Charlie D`s provided pre-match was, in my opinion, integral to the significant improvement in match day experience for many fans. It`s being slowly eroded though, and that is disappointing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 21:53

At one of the meet the manager nights, someone proposed the idea of having a bottle bar, so that there wasn`t queues for beer to be poured from the taps and a bar person could very quickly get people served. Cook very quickly poured scorn on the idea saying it was proven not to work, so was a non starter.

Seemed to me like a good idea, pay a couple of folk 12 quid an hour for a few hours and get them flipping the caps off beer bottles at £3.50 a pop before and after the match, surely you can`t fail to make money there
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 21:57

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 26 Jun 21:53

At one of the meet the manager nights, someone proposed the idea of having a bottle bar, so that there wasn`t queues for beer to be poured from the taps and a bar person could very quickly get people served. Cook very quickly poured scorn on the idea saying it was proven not to work, so was a non starter.

Seemed to me like a good idea, pay a couple of folk 12 quid an hour for a few hours and get them flipping the caps off beer bottles at £3.50 a pop before and after the match, surely you can`t fail to make money there

Id imagine that more comes down to the amount of waste in comparison - imagine the amount of space required for the same amount of bottles to one keg…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 21:59

The club often advertises for bar staff. It’s not down to them if folk don’t apply.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 22:08

It is absolutely the responsibility of companies to be resourced properly.

It`s why you bring in professionals (and pay them well) to oversee the operation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 22:19

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Wed 26 Jun 22:08

It`s why you bring in professionals (and pay them well) to oversee the operation.

We used to have loads of people from Europe working in hospitality. They started disappearing a few years ago. Can`t think what changed. Of course, the people who previously accused those hardworking people of "stealin` wur joabs" have immediately stepped up and taken what was rightfully theirs as Great British citizens...oh...oh, dear.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 22:22

Quote:

jake89, Wed 26 Jun 22:19

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Wed 26 Jun 22:08

We used to have loads of people from Europe working in hospitality. They started disappearing a few years ago. Can`t think what changed. Of course, the people who previously accused those hardworking people of "stealin` wur joabs" have immediately stepped up and taken what was rightfully theirs as Great British citizens...oh...oh, dear.

Don`t disagree with your point at all. Brexit was ridiculous.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 22:31

Lost a lot of punters since it turned into a nightclub pre match.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net