DAFC.net
Home 06 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bielsa on Modern Football
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 13:29

He talks a lot of sense.....

https://x.com/LUFC_WorldWide/status/1809672752694981105?s=09

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bielsa on Modern Football
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 13:53

What triggered this address? Was he asked a specific question about the state of the game or is it just an opinion he wanted to express?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 14:32

I watched the Uruguay v Brazil game last night so I’m assuming he’s talking about the VAR review that seen one of his players red carded. It was a red all day long for Nandez. Bielsa then played all his players behind the ball for the remaining 20 minutes to play for the draw. Brazil didn’t offer much before the sending off so playing against a 10 man defence made it even less likely for them to score. There’s no extra time in the Copa America until the final so it went straight to penalties. Uruguay were the better side up to the sending off imo so deserved to go through but there was not much quality on show.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 15:44

Seemed to be intimating that football was becoming less enjoyable for the spectators. I have to agree. Taking the current euros as an example. Entertainment wise it’s been poor. Many games have been attritional with teams passing backwards and sideways for extended periods as they try to find their way through the defensive set up they call the low block- it’s been awful to watch.
Most goals and entertainment has come when teams are chasing games and get the ball into the box quicker- I don’t know why they aren’t less cautious from the start. Anyway it’s been a crap watch on the whole and the slow, possession obsessed style has crept down to our level as well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 7 Jul 16:01

There might be a lot lost in translation but that seems an incoherent ramble with `its not exciting` seemingly his only point without anything to back that up.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net