DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 24/25 championship.
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 11:09

I think we are in for a shock this year. Not us as a club, but the league and, by extension, Scottish football.

Ayr Utd has been quietly going about their business, and the early signs look good if you`re a Utd fan. Add to that they have a formidable manager who, as a player, knew how to win. Alot for them to be optimistic about.

Raith is coming off the back of a fantastic season, and in Ian Murray have probably the manager with the most potential. I expect big things from his career and I believe that Raith being able to keep him for this season is a major coup.

Livi. Could be an unknown quantity, but the gap between the prem and the champ is huge, and if they have retained some quality, then they could be favourites. Martindale is very experienced and will be tough opponents for any team.

Partick have strengthened well, and in logan chalmers and Brian Graham have match winners. they have always been in the top half. Chalmers is definitely one to watch this season and can consider himself unlucky to not be playing at a higher level.

Airdrie, while on a massive rebuild, is a good solid side capable of beating anyone, they also have a hungry young manager who looks to be doing well year on year.

Falkirk. The early noise from both falkirk fans and opposition fans are that they are looking good, unbeaten last year they could kick on.

Hamilton. They didn`t look out of place against Inverness In the playoffs a bit of an unknown quantity,

Queens park. I think they will shock everyone. Maybe not to the heights of a couple of seasons ago but Callum davidson is an excellent manager.

Morton. They always compete well, but I`m unsure of how this season will pan out for them.

Dunfermline. The early signs do not look good, as with morton I`m unsure how the season will look. The lack of squad depth may come back to haunt us.

In summary, this is a tight league that is full of quality. I`m expecting a positive shock from the likes QP and Ayr utd. And possibly a negative shock from the likes of dunfermline and maybe Livingston. It could be the tightest league in history, with the gap between 1st and 10th being small.

I don`t see runaway winners and likewise relegation fodder.

It really is hard to call.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 11:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 24/25 championship.
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 11:41

Really good summary. If say it`s always hard to tell though. A complete rebuild can be good or bad. Key thing is players gelling and working to each others strengths. We`ve effectively lost some great loans but got back some great permy players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 11:45

Ayr Utd manager was that good he was sacked at his previous club!

Is the "penguin" any better at Falkirk?

Raith team full of players at the end of their career and likely to be injury prone?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 11:53

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sat 20 Jul 11:45

Ayr Utd manager was that good he was sacked at his previous club!

Is the "penguin" any better at Falkirk?

Raith team full of players at the end of their career and likely to be injury prone?

Nearly every manager has been sacked from their previous club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 11:59

I think Livi will win it but the battle for the playoffs should be interesting. Sadly at the moment I fear we’ll be near the bottom alongside Morton and possibly Queen’s Park. The last time I was this concerned about a season was when we announced Peter Grant, but the League Cup that season delivered a lot of false hope! Hopefully Chris Kane can get to full fitness soon as he’ll be such an important player for us this season.

Who knows though. Hopefully we will be nowhere near the bottom and challenging at the right end but most teams look to have improved during the window. At the moment, only Queen’s and Morton look weaker than last season alongside ourselves.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 13:23

I am ever the optimist but I fear the worst for this season. I think we will struggle but maybe not as much as people think.
Our home form must improve as it has been very poor for the last year. Because of travel I am currently 10 months without seeing us win at home and I think the only games I missed were Arbroath and Dundee United. I just wish we could play exciting football and I wouldn’t mind if we lost, but we are losing badly. I hope that can change.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 13:57

Think airdrie are the biggest unknown package in the league, basically a whole new team.

Not expecting much from Morton, seem to have lost the goal threat they had, same with queens, paton will be a big miss for them.

For me there’s not an obv team to be relegated, I think we’ll be fighting it out down the bottom end but won’t be marooned. We’ll be a tough watch again but that’s how the manager likes us to play.

I fancy falkirk will do okay and be flirting with the promotion playoffs, I doubt they still have anyone who played when they went down and demolishing teams last season with ease. They will also have the confidence from a promotion and mcglynn knows how to get at teams and quite happy to kick them off the park if required.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 00:48

LOL where have you been for the last 10 years Mike on the moon? Every time ayr have found themselves in a position like this at the start of the season they always bottle it this season will be no different trust me on that one

In fact it will be a competition between Ayr and raith for who’s bottle crashes first it’s Particks league this season
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 06:24

It is a 6 - 4 split for me and we are in the 4 it’s us,Queens, Hamilton and Morton don’t look to smart early doors.

We are turgid and have been since Mcpake and more so the Germans came in, even in the winning league 1 season in the main the football was dire we are in trouble this year and will be hopeful of 2 of the above being worse than us.

For me regardless of what money Mcpake has had to spend it’s his team, playing the style and format he wants, it’s rank and he does not seemingly want to change but expects different results and performances.

Falkirk look really good and will be in the mix, as will Raith and in fairness both play a more entertaining brand of football so fair play to them both.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 06:56)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net