DAFC.net
Home 18 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Livingston 1-0 Dunfermline
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:01

How is the game?

Relying in BBC stats.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Livingston 1-0 Dunfermline
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:03

Defensive mistake cost us. We lack creativity in the final third. McCann looks lost. KRH played out of position and looks uncomfortable. Not sure where the goals come from.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:07

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 20 Jul 16:03

Defensive mistake cost us. We lack creativity in the final third. McCann looks lost. KRH played out of position and looks uncomfortable. Not sure where the goals come from.

That could be written just about every week.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:09

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 20 Jul 16:03

Couldn`t make it to the game, but it sounds like most of the games from the past year. Not sure what the management expects to change
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:11

Nothing will ever change while he sacrifices a forward player in favour of a center half.

It`s McCann and Sutherland, I feel sorry for their careers being smothered by a lack of support up top.

It`s p!sh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:14

We need a change in personnel and shape. Mcpake needs to go enough of this garbage, gone on for too long.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:27

Well I never, McCann lost, defensive mistake costs us, zero creativity, players played out of position, not ever looking like scoring.

Could be any game in the last 12 months.

Surely something’s gotta give soon…..

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:28

Quote:

weemike, Sat 20 Jul 16:11

Nothing will ever change while he sacrifices a forward player in favour of a center half.

It`s McCann and Sutherland, I feel sorry for their careers being smothered by a lack of support up top.

It`s p!sh.

Totally agree with this comment
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:34

Doesn`t matter if we lose by 1 or lose by 3 or 4, we need a win to stand any chance of getting through. Looking at the subs made and the shape though... sheesh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:35

Quote:

kelty_par, Sat 20 Jul 16:34

Doesn`t matter if we lose by 1 or lose by 3 or 4, we need a win to stand any chance of getting through. Looking at the subs made and the shape though... sheesh.

McPake is clueless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SteviePar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:42

This is brutal. We create nothing! At least we’ve learned that Livingston are dire too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatespars  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:43

The teams just not clicking together. We`ve not been bad, but we`re nowhere near good enough to compete against these teams. We cannot create a good goal scoring chance. 2 shots on target in 85 minutes in a must win game tells its own story.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:48

Quote:

xgatespars, Sat 20 Jul 16:43

The teams just not clicking together. We`ve not been bad, but we`re nowhere near good enough to compete against these teams. We cannot create a good goal scoring chance. 2 shots on target in 85 minutes in a must win game tells its own story.

How can we create chances with 3 centre backs, 2 defensive minded wingbacks 2 defensive midfielders?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:48

Are we turining into the domestic version of Scotland bore the t#ts of everyone then try and get a late goal

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:51

If this is indicative of the level of tactical acumen mcpake is going give us this season he won’t be here come May, we’ll either that or half the fans will have found something else to do. It’s his team and his players.

Zero correlation between why we sign a player and the formation we want them to play in. We don’t actually want to play attractive attacking football, we want try to keep it tight and nick a goal, we play like we’re the part time minnows trying to survive in the big league.

Depressing. Roll on next week for the Dunfermline nil bandwagon!

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:04

It`s amazing how fast someone can type with just one hand free

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:14

You happy at being out the cup with a game to spare? You happy with zero goals in two games? You happy with continuing with a back three even even substitutions are made, even if it means shoehorning players into positions they aren`t happy playing? Are you happy at the slowly, slowly, catchy monkey stuff we are playing? Are you happy at going direct inpy after McCann was replaced by Wighton? He may have typed with one hand, but at least he didn`t type with his head in the sand...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:22

Quote:

Parster, Sat 20 Jul 16:48

Are we turining into the domestic version of Scotland bore the t#ts of everyone then try and get a late goal

About simplest summary of the pars without the ability to create or score a goal

Mcpake no doubt after the game will moan didn’t go to plan from training blah blah….

He needs to get a grip and go to 442 and system that suits the talents we have - but he won’t
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:25

Great signing Mcpake one who doesn’t play and one who can’t last 90 mins and no goalie to boot what a shambles of a club .Livi were no great shakes either

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:26

We are rotten weirdly enough the 3 with their tinted glasses on are constantly trying to defend the horrors in and around EEP and can only resort to sky digs to other posters who present them with the reality of our shameful position.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 17:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:32

Playing KRH in centre of midfield is like when Peter Grant did this with Dom Thomas
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:33

If McPake is going to insist on Ngwenya and Comrie playing wing backs then we’re in for a long season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:37

That was mince.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AveragePar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:45

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 20 Jul 17:32

Playing KRH in centre of midfield is like when Peter Grant did this with Dom Thomas

Makes zero sense
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:47

Mcpake sounds defeated in his post match interview. Conceding we lack depth and quality on the bench. Its over to Cook, Meggle and the million other directors as to wtf they are going to do about it. There is time to turn this around….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:47

Show me ONE post where I`ve defended the club in the last week.

Just because I refuse to slate everything to do with DAFC after defeats in games I didn`t attend, doesn`t mean I view everything through rose tinted glasses.

For childish digs check out someone`s signature. The actions of a primary school kid.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:49

I actually think we have decent players. We can definitely improve in areas but I think with suitable tactics, we would compete well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:51

If I was being constructive, first half there wasn’t much in it, nor many opportunities however was very easy pass through our defence for the goal and for me Mehmet has got to be braver and spreading himself to try and block it.

Muirhead in the second half was given all the time in the world to have a crack and hit the underside of the bar.

Other than that, very little in it, but we lack no attacking presence whatsoever which is really frustrating. The formation doesn’t work. Ngwenya and Comrie are competent players but they aren’t the right type of players to fulfil the role McPake is asking them to do.

He needs to find a formation that gets the best out of this group.

I was infuriated with Fisher all game but thinking about it could put a few in the same category who just aimlessly punted it up the park at every opportunity.

Biggest positive of the game was the pie which was marvellous. That and the result as freed up next Saturday given we’ve got naff all to play for against Cove.

Big improvements needed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:58

Any reason we don`t stick the Tods and Sutherland in as starters in the next game? They might teach these seasoned pros a thing or two on actually getting goals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:02

Well beaten today by a team that was faster better organised. We need around 3-4 in the door or we are going to be in real trouble this year. We can’t compete in the Championship on a shoestring budget. 3K season tickets sold & two players in, really hope the owners know what they are doing.

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:07

playing like england in euros got good players but cant play the way they can

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:10

What is reality?

Most of you can`t even agree what formation we played.

Each person`s reality is based on their assumption that they know better.

The reality is, in competitive games so far this season, we have had one good win one disaster, and we lost 1 - 0 away from home to possibly the title favourites.

So you don`t like the style of play.
Reality, in my humble opinion, is most of you need a break ron football. You are far too easily wound up.

We have folk who think some English Premiership clubs and / or managers are crap. What chance does a Scottish Championship club have.

Far too much speculation induced hysteria.

Yes, we can do better, and it would be reassuring to get a couple more signings in, but for goodness sake, calm doon min.

We have a tricky start to the league, and it is going to be very close, even if we strengthen a bit.

I hope you lot can cope. Some of you are quite concerning.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:11

Quote:

jake89, Sat 20 Jul 17:58

Any reason we don`t stick the Tods and Sutherland in as starters in the next game? They might teach these seasoned pros a thing or two on actually getting goals.

You need to create chances to score and we don’t.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:14

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 20 Jul 18:10

What is reality?

The reality is, in competitive games so far this season, we have had one good win one disaster, and we lost 1 - 0 away from home to possibly the title favourites.

Reality, in my humble opinion, is most of you need a break ron football. You are far too easily wound up.

We have folk who think some English Premiership clubs and / or managers are crap. What chance does a Scottish Championship club have.

Yes, we can do better, and it would be reassuring to get a couple more signings in, but for goodness sake, calm doon min.

We have a tricky start to the league, and it is going to be very close, even if we strengthen a bit.

The reality is we are out of the cup and again losing out on potentially a money spinning tie in the next round.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:17

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 20 Jul 18:10

What is reality?

We have been dreadful since January. The only saving grace was the dundee utd game. We have thrown leads away. We are uninspiring in attack. We have a keeper who is dreadful yet never gets dropped. And an insistence on 3 at the back even though its been shown up time and time again.

Our opposition knows how we are going to line up and play and our manager makes no allowances for opposition. Its almost like he doesn`t prepare for the opposition. Training sessions are probably rinse and repeat week in week out.

You can see a well trained and well drilled team a mile off and we are not it.

Time for a change I`m afraid
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:19

And I’m concerned at folk who want to bury heads in the sand and not question anything. The players don’t even know what formation they are playing most of the time. For anyone who actually went today, they’d see we created absolutely nothing yet again and didn’t look like scoring. Manager post match saying squads too thin and not happy with just having kids on the bench

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KAPP-Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:22

Just a few weeks till we play Falkirk at eastend loss to them and mcpake will be under huge pressure, looking at the fixtures for the start of the league I can’t really see where we get our first win, time will tell tho but all looking grim
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:23

The main frustrations from last year have not been addressed. I think this why so many supporters are disappointed. Last year we had lots of injuries so players playing out of their normal positions was to be expected. At the start of this season we have nearly a fully fit squad but, still we have players not playing in their ideal positions. The formations are also the same as last year and I’d say that the players weren’t able to perform to their full potential. Either McPake is too stubborn to change formation to get the best out the players or he’s being told what formation to play. Surely they can see it’s just not working well on match day.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:30

The manger has kids on the bench as he signed an injury prone striker who is rather surprisingly injured. He might aswell have signed another creative midfielder with a record of playing games even though he’s play him deep in another negative formation designed to nick a 0-0. Sick of mcpake only looking at ex Dundee and st Johnstone players….it hasn’t worked!

I don’t worry about the regulars on here as they have to resort to personal attacks instead of questioning what I’m saying.

Starting to wonder if the terrible tactics and formation is deliberate, mcpake wants out either that or he’s just plain useless.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 18:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:39

However bad we played, I refuse to believe they are wholeheartedly a “much better team” than us. Had a whole host of chances and didn’t finish or use them. I think 3-4 bodies and we are more than easily competitive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:44

Average how does another 3-4 bodies help us score goals in the current overly defensive negative formation and tactics? Will those 3-4 bodies suit the formation?

We’d have had more chance of a point today if we dropped McCann and put a defender on the goal line all game, it’s that bad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:48

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 20 Jul 18:44

Average how does another 3-4 bodies help us score goals in the current overly defensive negative formation and tactics? Will those 3-4 bodies suit the formation?

We’d have had more chance of a point today if we dropped McCann and put a defender on the goal line all game, it’s that bad.

If we stopped the managers demand to play a back five with players who aren’t natural wing backs we’d already have a bit more threat. Playing KRH out of position helps us no end. Any singings now have to address the problems we do have
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:51

need a lot more than 3 or 4 signings no matter the formation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:53

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 20 Jul 18:51

need a lot more than 3 or 4 signings no matter the formation.

Realistically even 3-4 signings is a push right now IMO. but the board may surprise us
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:55

The reality is we gave contracts to players who can`t play a string of games in a row and aren`t good enough at this level. Another mediocre season ahead as we haven`t changed anything apart from we have a decent looking away top and an astro with a couple of portacabins around it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:22

I was at the game today. Another disappointing display. I look forward to the sack the board protests, as this isn’t good enough, and it isn’t changing anytime soon. Cook and co are like drunk drivers at the wheel. We got no chance with this lot in charge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TommyR  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:28

It was a painful watch today. Another toothless huff and puff game where livingston didn`t need to get anything but a few moments of cohesion.

I hate to criticise but guys like mehmet chalmers and tod are nowhere near this level and the team looks lost, zero cohesion. Just 11 randoms trying to figure out something.

The long ball ***** needs to stop. We just don`t keep the ball down and when we do nobody is in position and passing is extremely poor.

I go could on forever but we need a cohesive 11 and a manager who has a formation. If McPake can`t work with what we`ve got, we need someone who can.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:29

Good luck finding a buyer!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:29

So much stuff to comment on from PARrot`s post...

Who doesn`t know which formation we played today? Ot was 3/5 at the back, Hamilton and Otoo sitting and Wotherspoon and Ritchie-Hosler were behind McCann. I don`t think anyone has disputed that?

In which place are Livingston possible title favourites? They are 3rd or 4th favourites in all the betting I`ve seen.

Are you seriously suggesting that slowly passing the ball around the centre backs for no discernable advantage, losing the ball in dangerous areas, creating one or two chances per game and losing soft goals is an enjoyable way of watching football? Maybe you`re right and I should just give up. For someone brought up in the Paton era in particular, the Football we play (or attempt to) at the moment is just so dull. During a game I`ll now browse here or Pie and Bovril, play games, chat with my mates on WhatsApp... there is hardly anything worth watching at the moment. Someone elsewhere suggested we were like England under Southgate and that`s a fair comparison except they had players who could come up with big moments to win the game. We were similar in League One but we don`t have the players at either end of the pitch to do the same in the Championship.

I also don`t agree with the stuff about people "knowing better" for two reasons - firstly a lot of this stuff is obvious to fans of other clubs and secondly you don`t need to be a professional football manager to comment on tactics. Some of the best analysis I`ve read has been from authors and journalists. And even if that wasn`t true, surely looking at where we are going wrong and the continually playing a system that doesn`t suit our squad is a decent place to start?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:32

Just apathetic, crowds should be good this year with both rivals in the division, season tickets are still at a high level but the product on the park is going to be the same garbage we had last season and we`re already out the cup. Several players tied up on contracts who aren`t good enough or can`t stay on the park for more than half a season. It`s going to be a long season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:37

We were absolutely garbage today and it does no-one any favours to try and look on the bright side other than the only thing I can claw at is that Livi weren`t much better.

We have zero momentum, confidence or cohesion. I would wager that a few of them are playing with injuries or unfit. Bene and Breen miles off it. Ngwenya looks like he won a contract in a competition. We`re effectively playing with seven defensively minded players as our wing backs aren`t effective going forward and the two holding midfielders don`t progress the ball. What has happened to Otoo? Constantly tripping over the ball?

Thank the lord sport can change quickly and stuff can change with a bit of fortune. Maybe we`ll pluck a couple of loans out in the next week or so, or the board will finance a signing or two.

Hell knows we need it as the fans will turn with a few more weeks of this, if they aren`t already. Rusty is renowned for his patience but that was brutal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:55

We are an embarrassment.

What a complete waste of time that was, what have they actually worked on during the week since Tuesday?

No plan at a corner, long balls to McCann who won ZERO headers, defensively we are a shambles, no attacking sting in the team at all.

Ngwenya is possibly the worst player I have seen in a long time and he’s on a 2 year deal.

How is this possibly going to change other than signing 4 or 5 players?

BoDs need to back the first team.
McPake needs to change the tactics.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:00

Agreed Rusty the product on offer is abysmal, Yes there are a few who think everything at E.E.P. is rosy and once the 7yr plan is finished we will have a great team again thanks to their beloved academy.Unfortunately we may be so far down the leagues it won,t matter.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:08

Folk saying we have good players, we actually don’t. Half the squad should be nowhere near championship level.
Mehmet is a bombscare who will not leave his line, Chalmers, Wighton, O Halloran will struggle to get a Full time team if they left us. Bene’s legs have gone. Hamilton has no passing ability at all in midfield(he’s actually better in defence) The new left back looks out his depth. Comrie is ok at full bad, no better no worse but offers nothing going forward.
Our recruitment has been pathetic for years and unless it drastically improves we will find ourselves in league 1 again next year. Mcpake clearly isn’t getting backed in terms of signing players but he is also insisting on a stupid formation that doesn’t work or create anything.
We’ve given another 2 year deal to Kane who looks another crock, good player but no use to us if he can’t play near enough every week.
Things could become really hostile this season. We’ve not even started the league campaign yet and fans have already had enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:11

I said it when we were relegated. Seven year plans don’t work in Scottish football. Especially at our level. You have to have a decent first team and with a bit of luck and quality make a push for promotion. This whole waiting 7 years for something is fantasy. If any of your players are any good they’re snapped up before you even get time to plan. That’s the way lower league Scottish football works. No team at our level has been able to build a squad over the space of 7 years and won the league. It just doesn’t work like that. Time to scrap this idea and start focussing on progressing this club by getting through in the cup competitions and fighting for play offs.

As I said on another post, this will all eventually come to a head. It’s definitely not going to be pretty.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 20:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:14

And just about everyone on this forum wanted Kane signed, even though you new his injury record!

Sack the board? Replaced by who?

Can`t go through administration again!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:24

I hope I’m wrong but Wotherspoon is starting to look as useful as Dorrans. Dreadful performance today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 21:25

Weatherspoons legs went 10 mins into the 2nd half , never mind he can join the rest of Mcpakes old mates on the sidelines

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:17

Locally I think it would have been different had we known more About his fitness issues. We just assumed he was over his previous injuries and would be ready to go in pre season or he would have failed or had issues highlighted in his medical.

Now it looks like we’ve given a 2 year to a player who cannot do a pre season and ends up injured no matter what we do, he’ll be lucky to string 5 games in a row together.

You’d think after last season we might have learned not to touch injury stricken players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 23:36

We are absolute relegation fodder. Get the finger out Board, Cook, McPake and Team. This is shocking
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 00:02

I think the pricing of Pars TV this season is out of kilter with the value it delivers.

Edit: wrong thread

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 00:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:35

Let’s start with the ticketing arrangements – neither club’s website seemed to offer an easy route to buying a ticket, despite assurances, which was a little odd. On the other hand, social media provided a link to Fanbase which was straightforward. Sometimes I wonder if clubs want to make it easy to go to a game (although given the fare on offer yesterday, I can see their point).

Next, the sub keeper situation. I find it extraordinary that we didn’t manage to get him registered in time – I thought the SPFL were normally pretty accommodating with registrations. Were they on holiday? Did we not get our act together? Is Burty forbidden from querying this?

Beforehand you might have predicted that Livi would be well organised and difficult to beat, particularly on their own pitch. In a league game you might have expected a defensive set-up and taken a 1-1 or a 0-0, thus ours could not be surprising, even if it were predictable and a little disheartening.

We persisted with our 3-4-2-1 or whatever it is – Breen back as LCB with Taylor dropped – not a big surprise – I don’t think he had a particularly good game on Tuesday (did anyone?) and that’s the way kids tend to be introduced to the first team – in and out as they move along the learning curve. He could well be back for Cove.

The problem with that set up (and particularly with the personnel – essentially 8 defensive players) is that it may be good for defending a one goal lead, but it’s not very exciting, and you need to get the goal to defend in the first place. When you create so few chances you need a good conversion rate, which just adds pressure on those who aren’t the best at finishing.

It was another bad goal to lose – they seemed to have all the time in the world to pass their way up the park and Mehmet was a bit slow off his line, but I don’t think he was entirely to blame – and is Bene giving him a rollicking going to help? Maybe, as he seemed pretty sound after that, although why we invited Muirhead to cut inside and shoot given the goals he scores from that position I don’t know.

Wotherspoon has some tricks but he needs players in the right positions, and he needs to last more than an hour. Persisting with full backs as wing backs seems bold, to say the least, although Ngwenya managed a couple of efforts this week at least. It’s all slim pickings though.

As for budget, I don’t think you can complain about retaining a contingency margin for emergencies – common sense must prevail. I assume there will be a couple of loan signings when the market frees up. On the other thread someone suggested that 4 clubs were signing players to try and win the league; at least 3 of those are going to be disappointed and possibly out of pocket as well.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 17:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:37

I suspect that part of McPake’s frustration is that his big signing has managed 45 minutes so far this season; I would be concerned if his apparent lack of confidence in his players’ ability or fitness becomes infectious. He has to give the impression at least that he knows what he is doing (even if he doesn’t).

I think I`ll head over to the "Worst Result" thread to cheer myself up.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net