DAFC.net
Home 18 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Time to act . Save our club
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 13:50

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time to act . Save our club
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 14:13

I feel the despair in your post and tend to agree with most of it, however, I’m not sure they own the training ground land to be able to build on it, it is leased.

Yes, we did much to our shame chase good Pars people out and jumped straight into these investors arms.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 14:14

Complete and utter drivel.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 14:35

Geordiepar are you looking forward to this season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 15:05

Not sure that has anything to do with the complete nonsense in the opening post.

I think the situation with the goalkeeper was completely amateurish.

I think in general the club is not being run particularly well.

I am concerned about our inability to sign players.

I’m concerned about the fact that our manager insists on playing a formation which does not optimise the players available, and is painful to watch.

I think there is a lack of confidence at the club.

However I think we do potentially have a decent first XI if we can get players fit but we do need to improve the squad.

So overall I’m concerned about the season ahead, but will see what happens up until the end of the transfer window.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 15:30

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 15:42

There is a world of difference between what I have posted and what you have said in the opening post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 16:14

"We chased proper pars men for these shisters and I’ll guarantee that this does not end well.
They have ripped the heart and soul out of our club."

I`m interested to know who these proper pars men were. Could it be the same ones who thought it was a good idea to hand over the club to them in the first place.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 16:18

Except we didn’t chase proper pars men out the door those proper pars men brought these guys in because the club needed fresh investment so a portion of the blame lays with them for the mess we are in right now let’s not try at make out everything was all rosey before the Germans came in because it clearly wasn’t hence why these guys are here now

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 16:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 16:27

SergioD, I agree with what you say about investors not being able to make money out of a low level Scottish football club but you contradict yourself by saying the German consortium have bought in to make money by killing the club. Serious question, how can they make money out of Administration or worse still, Liquidation? All their shares will be worthless.
As far as proper pars men go, do you any that can buy back the £1.5 million plus in shares that the consortium have put in so far?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 16:30

I hate the "German this, German that" chat. It`s lazy. Notwithstanding the fact of course, based on several decades of empirical evidence, who would you rather was running a football club, Scottish or German business-people?

I would politely suggest that we`re just a bit rubbish and mistakes have been made as opposed to some plot from foreign businessmen to asset strip a lower league Scottish football side.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:03

Whilst there is much wrong with the club, on and off the park, I do not think for a minute that GmBH are here to intentionally sink the club?

It`s fair to question how we have made such staggering losses? It`s more than fair to ask where the money from the KDM group and the Nisbet sale has gone?

It`s fair to ask why plans for the all singing and dancing training ground have now been reduced to an astro park and portacabins?

It`s fair to ask why we need a CEO and a Marketing Manager and a Commercial Manager when the CEO alone was supposed to take on these tasks? These three salaries alone are a substantial six figure outlay?

The former custodians of our club handed over the reins in good faith. I`m sure they are as unhappy as the fans with what has transpired over the last couple of years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

It`s not easy being a Pars fan just now, but let`s not get hysterical and start throwing wild accusations around?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:10

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:22

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 21 Jul 17:03

Whilst there is much wrong with the club, on and off the park, I do not think for a minute that GmBH are here to intentionally sink the club?

It`s fair to question how we have made such staggering losses? It`s more than fair to ask where the money from the KDM group and the Nisbet sale has gone?

It`s fair to ask why plans for the all singing and dancing training ground have now been reduced to an astro park and portacabins?

It`s fair to ask why we need a CEO and a Marketing Manager and a Commercial Manager when the CEO alone was supposed to take on these tasks? These three salaries alone are a substantial six figure outlay?

The former custodians of our club handed over the reins in good faith. I`m sure they are as unhappy as the fans with what has transpired over the last couple of years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

It`s not easy being a Pars fan just now, but let`s not get hysterical and start throwing wild accusations around?

Operating costs are high stadium upkeep lower prize funds covid season training running costs and training ground investment is where the money has gone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 17:50

Add tens of thousands of pounds in medical fees
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 18:05

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sun 21 Jul 17:50

The £1m loss was for the period ending 31st May 2023. We had almost no injuries that season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 18:14

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 21 Jul 18:05

Quote:

The £1m loss was for the period ending 31st May 2023. We had almost no injuries that season

Something to look forward to then! 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 18:19

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Sun 21 Jul 18:14

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 21 Jul 18:05

Quote:

Something to look forward to then! 😂

Talk of similar for period ending May 2024, which will include this year’s medical bills, so yes, something to look forward to !

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 18:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:21

Not to pick holes, but...

The training ground land can`t be sold as it is LEASED.

The money from player sales went into plugging budget holes.

If someone wanted to make money, it wouldn`t be by buying into a club with zero assets (the stadium isn`t owned by the club) and waiting 7 years.

If the German consortium hadn`t come in, we`d be in an even worse state. People need to remove their rose tinted specs - the club was being run on a shoe string and we were lucky to have the likes of Crawford for so long.

That all said, I do agree that this "plan" needs reviewed. Long term plans are great, but you don`t stick by them when it clearly isn`t working. These guys didn`t make their money by sticking to clearly flawed plans so will hopefully be developing plan B asap.

As much as I think we can blame McPake for long terms deals of pretty poor performers, did he have any else willing to come in? Players potentially had him over a barrel!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:25

Will also add that I`ll say again that there`s nothing stopping wealthy Pars fans investing. Perhaps someone with a bit of cash could bring back Pars United to build up a bid to buy the German consortium out? I`m pretty sure the main movers and shakers with links to the Pars already left. The only one really left is Billy Braisby junior and last I checked Braisby Roofing had gone down the pan with the main focus now being Kwikco and a couple of leased pubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:29

We could have signed Lewis Stevenson but Cook only offered him a 1 year deal…. I wonder how many experienced players were only offered 1 year deals??
Supposedly Cook is very hard to deal with and I’m sure McPake is the most frustrated manager at this moment.
Again and if it’s not going right surely Bene the captain can have a word saying “ look gaffer the team is not right playing this formation blah blah”
Everything in the team just looks so flat and there is no way the players are working hard enough imo.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:35

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sun 21 Jul 19:29

We could have signed Lewis Stevenson but Cook only offered him a 1 year deal…. I wonder how many experienced players were only offered 1 year deals??
Supposedly Cook is very hard to deal with and I’m sure McPake is the most frustrated manager at this moment.
Again and if it’s not going right surely Bene the captain can have a word saying “ look gaffer the team is not right playing this formation blah blah”
Everything in the team just looks so flat and there is no way the players are working hard enough imo.

I bet it`s more a case of, this is our offer according to our structure, take it, or leave it! And cooks reputation as being hard to deal with will come from the no negotiations after that offer.

If that`s the case I would rather that because we will end up with players who want to be here,

After a few windows, agents will get the message and act accordingly as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:37

Let’s not forget that DAFC has its bills just like everyone else and just like everyone else these have become astronomical, like gas, electric, food etc. That must be taking a good bit of money from the purse! We’ve not had a decent run and payday in the cup for some years and the last few years league prize money has been poor.

I definitely don’t think the Germans are there to bankrupt us in some “Slap Shot” movie style scheme! However, I do think they need to try to speculate to accumulate a bit. Bring in a decent manager give him some money to buy players in, bring back the feel good factor which then attracts fans, get on a decent run and go for these paydays and winners/runners up prize money instead of sticking with a mediocre manager and a team that struggle to even pass to each other.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:39

Wish folk would stop talking like stadium maintenance or covid are unique to us, they very clearly aren`t and every single club faces these costs. Our first team budget shouldn`t be worse than clubs of similar or worse income.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:43

These foreign monsters, coming over here, spending their money, building a training centre and plugging the losses via convertible loan stock, which can`t be recalled.

Truly horrific individuals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:45

Long term plans are good to have but must be supported with short and medium term plans to support the route to success.

Having a 7 year plan is good but needs the support of a 1 year plan or else it will fall at the very first hurdle.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:45

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 21 Jul 19:39

Wish folk would stop talking like stadium maintenance or covid are unique to us, they very clearly aren`t and every single club faces these costs. Our first team budget shouldn`t be worse than clubs of similar or worse income.

Our budget will be similar, but this season it seems the board are trying to be more about the club operating within its means.

There is no point comparing us to another club who may be getting outside investment every 3 months.

Almost every club in the league will be operating at a loss with investment making the shortfall.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:47

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:52

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:53

Braisby is vice-chairman. Presumably, he is on board with the current strategy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:54

Folk saying get rid of McPake but who will come in and work with the structure we have at the moment? New managers will always ask what budget is there etc and to be told “just work with what we have and if we are relegation fodder in January we will support you”
As for not having a 2nd keeper on the bench yesterday is a joke… Even big Bene doesn’t look like the captain we had when signed. I still say Mr Cook is not very good a negotiations regarding signings etc as we are losing to teams like Ayr/Partick…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:54

So really the playing budget has been ransacked to pay out large salaries to
Cook and couple of others?

Just bizarre, employ folk to ‘improve’ us off the field but doing that they have made the product on the field so poor the fans will drift away.

Good thinking lads.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:56

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:58

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:22

To run any business you either need people with the time to do so or you need to pay people. It`s really, really simple.

Whether Cook or the marketing lad prove to be value for money is yet to be seen. Too soon to say.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:27

We had a guy performing both roles for free. Unfortunately, he was spat at in town and got his tyres slashed.

Re having one of the worst squads, given the players available, does anyone think that McCabe, Doolan, Murray, Martindale or even Imrie could have had the side performing better against Forfar last Tuesday?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:28

We`d need a fair few guys who didn`t mind losing a lot of money. Braisby Jr is still there (sorry to hear about his mum) but I can`t imagine he`s bringing in millions, which isn`t a criticism, but we`d need someone who basically had plenty cash to spare. We`ve seen it all through Scotland where people (usually lottery winners) give their club money and it just gets eaten up and they`re left out of pocket and the club are back to square one. What the German consortium is trying to do is invest in something longstanding, but the issue is this isn`t working in the shirt term and further investment is needed asap.

I`m very much in favour of having salaried employees running things over volunteers on two conditions:

1. They`re better at the job than the volunteers
2. Having them in place generates more revenue than it costs to pay them.

I don`t know what happened with Mikey, but I thought he was pretty spot on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:34

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:36

Big Mikey seemed great but I *think* he left to pursue another career for his own wellbeing. I`m maybe creating a false memory here but I thought he said this on a podcast or something.

Either way, whether the paid professionals are *better* than volunteers is kinda academic if there`s not enough volunteers to step up. Are you going to do it? Am I?

Personally I don`t think volunteers should be running the commercial, marketing and strategy operations of an entity with £2 to £3 million turnover or whatever it is we do. Can`t be far off.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:38

Given we`ve sold the naming rights to the stadium, had a Euros fan zone at East End Park and, I assume, substantially increased the intake from hospitality (based on the spectacular price hike), it would seem that they are making changes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:41

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sun 21 Jul 20:38

Given we`ve sold the naming rights to the stadium, had a Euros fan zone at East End Park and, I assume, substantially increased the intake from hospitality (based on the spectacular price hike), it would seem that they are making changes.

And we have still lost loads of money
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:42

Things don’t change when things stay the same. Quite literally.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:47

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 21 Jul 20:41

Quote:

We`ve not seen the figures for last season. We won`t see the figures for this season (which the fanzine falls into) for well over a year.

Regardless, I reckon we are running at a loss - which our owners seem happy to cover for the moment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:48

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sun 21 Jul 20:27

Re having one of the worst squads, given the players available, does anyone think that McCabe, Doolan, Murray, Martindale or even Imrie could have had the side performing better against Forfar last Tuesday?

Yes. They are all better managers than Mcpake.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:48

"These foreign monsters, coming over here, spending their money, building a training centre and plugging the losses via convertible loan stock, which can`t be recalled."

They are spending money, that`s clear, but there`s **** all point in spending money if your (mis)management is costing more than any money put in.

"Our budget will be similar, but this season it seems the board are trying to be more about the club operating within its means."

Look at our signings, look at our squad! your not being serious in claiming that is being funded with a similar budget to our rivals.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:58

This £1m loss that`s banded about, is that including payoffs (x2) for Grant and Hughes? If so it`s not exactly a normal season or eventuality and hopefully never one we encounter again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:59

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sun 21 Jul 20:47

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 21 Jul 20:41

Quote:

We`ve not seen the figures for last season. We won`t see the figures for this season (which the fanzine falls into) for well over a year.

Regardless, I reckon we are running at a loss - which our owners seem happy to cover for the moment.

Yes, we won’t see 23-24 figures until end of Feb 25. Rumour has it, we were £500k down in January? Hard to say what that figure will look like at end of May 24.

I’m willing to speculate that the loss will be considerable and I’m also willing to speculate that this is the reason the refurbishment of the clubhouse at Rosyth and the limited budget the manager has been given, are direct consequences ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:59

Our squad is so weak it’s unbelievable. If we don’t sign 3/4 players we’ll be lucky to stay up

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:00

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 21 Jul 20:48

Look at our signings, look at our squad! your not being serious in claiming that is being funded with a similar budget to our rivals.

Our rivals will be funded via outside sources every few months. Our board will be trying to avoid that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:06

I`d like to see a couple of new signings as much as anyone. We`ve several players who will be amongst the higher earners in the division, however.

Re the owners, they seem to be spending their own money by building the club from the bottom up. It`s too early to call it financial mismanagement. You may not like the strategy but some of the stuff on here is pretty disgusting, the opening post on here being a prime example.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:15

weemike wrote:

> Our rivals will be funded via outside sources every few months.
> Our board will be trying to avoid that.

Our rivals may be subsidised but we achieve better natural revenue, If we aren`t then that`s a problem.

Also our spending on first team looks less than a better first teams that have posted profits than a previous years, How is that justified?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:24

Bought my wife‘s and my own season ticket for 24/25 …. but, from what I’ve read about so far I doubt we’ll be taking our seats much this season.

Bless her, but my wife isn’t really a football fan … but she has been coming to the games with me faithfully - need to tell her which way we’re shooting right enough, but her description of the games can be quite insightful. By the end of last season, one of her quotes was „we seem to play in slow-motion … compared to the other teams“.

I’m sure McPake has the potential to be a successful manager, but I am concerned that he is determined to play, fairly decent, players out-of-position…. why? So that his system is, what we do? If you have the budget and depth of squad to implement that, then fine. But it seems increasingly that, actually, at EEP … we don’t. Wouldn’t an astute manager maybe play to the strengths of the players he has?

Bottom line for me … am I gonna keep supporting the pars? Yes. Am I gonna use my Saturday afternoons subjected to pain and misery …. probably not. Why not? Because it hurts, and I’m at a stage in my life where I will probably choose to do something else.

That’s just my view and opinion… to the faithful who turn-up regardless, I salute you.

God bless.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:32

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 21 Jul 21:15

weemike wrote:

> Our rivals will be funded via outside sources every few months.
> Our board will be trying to avoid that.

Our rivals may be subsidised but we achieve better natural revenue, If we aren`t then that`s a problem.

Also our spending on first team looks less than a better first teams that have posted profits than a previous years, How is that justified?

With 3 seasons of terrible prize money compared to our rivals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 22:19

Dougie Imrie and better manager don’t mix well mate
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 06:56

Quote:

ParfectXI, Sun 21 Jul 19:37

Let’s not forget that DAFC has its bills just like everyone else and just like everyone else these have become astronomical, like gas, electric, food etc. That must be taking a good bit of money from the purse! We’ve not had a decent run and payday in the cup for some years and the last few years league prize money has been poor.

I definitely don’t think the Germans are there to bankrupt us in some “Slap Shot” movie style scheme! However, I do think they need to try to speculate to accumulate a bit. Bring in a decent manager give him some money to buy players in, bring back the feel good factor which then attracts fans, get on a decent run and go for these paydays and winners/runners up prize money instead of sticking with a mediocre manager and a team that struggle to even pass to each other.

Other clubs also have similar bills we have the biggest support in the league. It has been mis managed for years starting with offering contracts to players who can`t play in this league. Panic signing loan players like Benjamin and Holmes.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 07:58

What about the signings of Kane, Fagan-Walcott and Welch-Hayes at the same time?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 16:54

The manager has a budget for the team, if he gets a couple of wallys on 2 or 3 year contracts then it doesn’t leave him cash to play around with in proceeding seasons.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Mon 22 Jul 16:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 17:43

He have the nucleus of a team (not a squad) that is more than capable of challenging for the top 4.

Butter, sugar, flour and apples* can make for a delicious apple pie. These ingredients are useless though if you`ve got someone adding salt and burning the crust.

*I would add a smidgeon of cinnamon too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:54

Not entirely sure about that kozma, certainly a 11 capable of mid table if all fit at the moment, Edwards going will prove to be a massive loss when we see what he’s been replaced with.

but it’s all irrelevant as the mangers tactics are sinking us as almost as much as his dubious signings.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 19:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 20:19

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 23 Jul 19:54

Not entirely sure about that kozma, certainly a 11 capable of mid table if all fit at the moment, Edwards going will prove to be a massive loss when we see what he’s been replaced with.

but it’s all irrelevant as the mangers tactics are sinking us as almost as much as his dubious signings.

Considering we look like we`re aiming for 8th or above, mid table will be viewed as a success

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:10

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:13

Our club is owned by a group of investors now.. we can’t be saved but only hope they invest in the clubs future.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:18

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net