DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rovers 14th September
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 12:21

Anyone know if this is likely to be moved to Friday TV, if so when we are likely to hear anything about this,thanks.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Aug 12:21)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers 14th September
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 12:35

Our CEO will keep us updated via his regular communication to the fans

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyDee  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 12:40

Haha

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 14:03

If it is chosen for TV it will probably be announced 2 or 3 weeks in advance of the game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 15:01

Just announced as Friday 13th. 7.45 ko

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 15:27

Dunfermline Athletic FC
26m ·
🗓 Fixture Update
Our upcoming home fixture against Raith Rovers will now take place on Friday 13th September, kick-off 7.45pm.
The match will also be shown live on BBC Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 15:39

Bit of a blow commercially, that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 15:44

I think it will be a blow, but we are already taking the financial hit with the level of apathy.

The Falkirk gate was at least 1000 below where it should be and the Rovers game unless things improve would have been the same or worst.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 15:46

For sure. You`ve got to think there will be vanishingly small number of "walk-ups" in the home end and at least 500-1000 fewer Rovers fans. Five figure loss.

But hey, TV deals in Scotland are great, right?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 15:52

Might just sit at home and watch this one now if theres no real change in the next couple of weeks. Horrible to think/say that, but £22 for a Friday night game when we are honking to watch is just not worth it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 16:08

Even watching for free is too expensive. I won`t be wasting electricity watching it if it clashes with a decent looking English/foreign game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 16:50

I`d love to know what the financial terms of the deal with BBC Scotland are. They just seem to cherrypick the best games and the home side suffers financially.

On the other hand some fans will welcome the chance to watch on TV. I don`t think I`ve missed a home game rescheduled for Friday night since this deal started but I`ve certainly opted out of a few away games and stayed at home. Morton, QP and PT fell into that category last season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:07

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 15 Aug 16:50

I`d love to know what the financial terms of the deal with BBC Scotland are. They just seem to cherrypick the best games and the home side suffers financially.

On the other hand some fans will welcome the chance to watch on TV. I don`t think I`ve missed a home game rescheduled for Friday night since this deal started but I`ve certainly opted out of a few away games and stayed at home. Morton, QP and PT fell into that category last season.

Doesnt matter what the finances are as it all goes into one big pot anyway. The actual terms are clear in that they must pick 2 home games for every club to show I believe and no stipulations as to what games they pick.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:20

But surely the home club could lose out if their lost gate receipts exceed their share of `the pot`?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:27

Friday the 13th 😱
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 18:38

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 15 Aug 18:20

But surely the home club could lose out if their lost gate receipts exceed their share of `the pot`?

Thats exactly what happens 🤷🏻‍♂️ the tv companies and SPFL don’t care about that lol their come back is if you finish higher in league it will cover the losses really
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 19:32

The BBC money is added to the Sky money and the Premier Sports money (as of this season) and pays for the prize money. So we gain in terms of overall prize money due to the Sky and Premier deal, and so overall it`s a pretty good deal. The other way of doing things would mean the Premiership keeping all the Sky and Premier money (several millions per year), the Championship taking a slice of the annual BBC payment (since the fee also includes Premiership highlights and radio rights), League Two getting BBC Alba money and League Two clubs getting nothing.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net