DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jimmy Mac sacked
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 18:22

Arbroath have punted Jim McIntyre just an hour after getting hosed 3-0 at home by Kelty Hearts.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jimmy Mac sacked
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 18:24

He’ll feckin mind them I really hope the fans that chased the bunnet out the door are chuffed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parster  
Date:   Sat 17 Aug 18:42

And to think he thinks jobs are below him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 12:27

The Wee Team would be a job appointment for Jim McIntyre.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 17:05

Dunno what it was, but I just never took to the guy 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 17:38

Liked McIntyre, did a good job for us granted with plenty resources but he did have a bit of arrogance about him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jealous Furniture  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 18:50

SPL season with him was a disaster but the Championship team he put together was one of the best pars sides to watch, those few years were probably second only to Paton`s teams in terms of attacking football. Gibson, Cardle, Graham, Kirk

His mistake was going into the SPL season thinking that we could still play 4-4-2 with Mason and Hardie in centre mid. After about 6 games it was panic stations and we ended up with dross like Jason Thomson and Kyle Hutton trying to plug the gaps.

And Chris Smith as #1 for an SPL team is enough to get any team relegated tbh, I`ve never seen a goalie anywhere near as bad as him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 23:02

Ah Gibson and cardle, a joy to watch, what we would give to have anyone half as decent as those players. Or just a single player who could beat a man.

Didn’t hardie and rusty stay fit the whole time we were in the championship then start getting injured a lot when we ran aground in the prem, certain rusty didn’t fancy it.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 10:37

Jimmy Mac said a while ago that his mistake at Dunfermline was putting too much faith and loyalty into some of the guys who won the championship to do a job in the premier when really part of him knew they weren’t good enough for the step up. I wonder if we can draw similarities with some of mcpakes league one winning side.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 12:37

Quote:

Never10yairds, Mon 19 Aug 10:37

Jimmy Mac said a while ago that his mistake at Dunfermline was putting too much faith and loyalty into some of the guys who won the championship to do a job in the premier when really part of him knew they weren’t good enough for the step up. I wonder if we can draw similarities with some of mcpakes league one winning side.

I think that another aspect of our last season in the top flight was that the Pars were skint and so were unable to give McIntyre a decent budget to bring in some quality p,ayers......

Sound familiar? 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jealous Furniture  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 13:51

Yep there were some players in our team that SPL season that immediately moved into playing in the lower leagues, some were out of professional football within a couple years. Alex Keddie, Aussie McCann, Rusty, Mason, Hardie, Paul Burns, McDougal, Chris Smith, Paul Gallagher...

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net