DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Something to build on
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 21:36

We`ve given ourselves a bit of a Monroe to climb if not in fact a mountain but I think we may have taken the first step today. Ayr United`s much vaunted strike force hardly caused us a problem and for the first time in a while, we looked like we could score a goal. There were more positives than negatives in the game. We battled hard all over the pitch and Ewen Otoo`s strike showed some real confidence and promise for the future. Chris Kane took a battering every time he tried to shield the ball. Sadly Craig Wighton didn`t seem to be willing to put himself about in the same way. Our new goalkeeper looked not bad at all. His distribution will improve but he looks to have good all round ability. I would say there was enough promise in today`s performance to shelve the negative posts and get behind the guys who look like they`re giving their all to the cause.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Something to build on
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 21:48

Great post. We should all get behind the team now. The starting 11 were good and the shape of the team was also good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 21:50

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 31 Aug 21:36

We`ve given ourselves a bit of a Monroe to climb if not in fact a mountain but I think we may have taken the first step today. Ayr United`s much vaunted strike force hardly caused us a problem and for the first time in a while, we looked like we could score a goal. There were more positives than negatives in the game. We battled hard all over the pitch and Ewen Otoo`s strike showed some real confidence and promise for the future. Chris Kane took a battering every time he tried to shield the ball. Sadly Craig Wighton didn`t seem to be willing to put himself about in the same way. Our new goalkeeper looked not bad at all. His distribution will improve but he looks to have good all round ability. I would say there was enough promise in today`s performance to shelve the negative posts and get behind the guys who look like they`re giving their all to the cause.

Excellent post! Iโ€™m actually looking forward to the rest of this season now!

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 22:27

We are a mid table team with the squad we have so our Germans 44point in the table is achievable. Wighton is like playing a man down in every gameโ€ฆ.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 22:35

I think we sat off them a bit when the subs came on Wighton didn`t cover as well as Kane, who I thought put in a lot of effort for the team. We just need to have a bit more self-belief in front of the goal. Confidence has been a bit low, but I thought that the fans clapping the players off the park for their effort was an important gesture. Uncertain times for the players are so good to see the supporters get behind them. Nearly 5000 at the game. That will be much larger for the Raith game, so today, although only a point is a confidence booster.

Good to see us moving the ball forward and shutting them down quickly. I wouldn`t say Ayr were poor, I thought we stopped them playing. They only came into the game in the last 10 minutes, but I put that down to a lack of confidence on our side.

Good strike by Euan Otoo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 22:47

Whitโ€™s Marilyn ever done to you, Paralex? ๐Ÿ˜‰

โ€Buffyโ€™s Buns are the finest in Fifeโ€, J. Spence 2019โ€
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 22:59

Ah, yes Buffy, I should know it`s Munro and not Monroe, since I have summitted a few, in a past life.๐Ÿค”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 01:06

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 31 Aug 21:50

Bet that changes when the inevitable happens and we get demolished at new bay view next week ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ no looking forward to that one bit they are on fire at the moment
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 06:44

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 1 Sept 01:06

Quote:

Bet that changes when the inevitable happens and we get demolished at new bay view next week ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ no looking forward to that one bit they are on fire at the moment

I hope you`re not doing the pre-match team talk next week, BOTN. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Good post, Paralex.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 13:29

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 1 Sep 01:06

Quote:

Well aye maybe youโ€™re right eh! We should sit the boys down and tell them not to worry about the result next week. Todayโ€™s only a practice match where we can test ourselves against the very best and run some set pieces. Just try keep the score respectable lads ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 16:56

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 1 Sep 06:44

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 1 Sept 01:06

Quote:

I hope you`re not doing the pre-match team talk next week, BOTN. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Good post, Paralex.

Not at all GG Iโ€™ll still be round the road in the Brig when the team talk is given ๐Ÿ˜‚
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 18:20

Good Post Paralex .. COYP
buffy .. That made me laugh

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 19:40

Ref: Paralex Sat 31 Aug 22:59

"Ah, yes Buffy, I should know it`s Munro and not Monroe, since I have summitted a few, in a past life."

------------------------------------

On the other hand, we could take our squad for a trip to Palm Springs.

It`s a step up on oor `climbing Jimmy` at the school.

https://slate.com/culture/2024/06/statue-palm-springs-ca-marilyn-monroe-instagram.html

Post Edited (Sun 01 Sep 20:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 23:06

Good idea onandupthepars but seemingly we don`t have enough money to take them to Banff Springs (it`s a hotel in Aberdeenshire) let alone Palm Springs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 12:35

I think that performance has always been there but only in shorter periods in games than it was on Saturday.

The huge problem still remains though, that we don`t create anywhere near enough chances. A goal (our first of the season), a weak shot from distance, a free kick and a soft header that was never troubling the keeper isn`t enough.

Whether it`s the formation, or the players being apprenhesive about making mistakes due to a lack of confidence, or even fitness, I don`t know, but we don`t commit anywhere near enough going forwards.

We don`t have anyone wide willing to get beyond the midfield, we don;t have anyone making overlaps, our overloads are far too inconsistent and don;t have any where near enough urgency. Without these things, we won`t create chances.

We did play well, and it was hopefully some green shoots of the team developing a bit of confidence, but we need a greater willingness and commitment to getting beyond the ball to make the defenders worry about us for a bit IMO. Until we do that, more draws are in our future.

The aim should be about winning games, not just not losing.

Stair Maistreas na Beatha
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 12:50

What I found odd with Ayrโ€™s front line is that during kick outs they played 4 v 4 against our defence leaving their midfield weak. They did it a number of times and I couldnโ€™t work out what the plan was. Is this something they have had success with in their earlier games in the season.
All that I saw happen was defence would mop to midfield and there was a lack of Ayr midfielders
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 13:26

Yes, Digs, it would be better if we created space and penetration down the flanks by quick reaction and fast interlinking passing, all the while making sure we keep the back door locked. If McCann and KRH can contribute with a goal or two and we have more of a threat from our centre backs at corners, that would take some pressure off Kane and free him up to start scoring a goal or two himself. Nothing like goals to improve confidence. However, I did notice that Airdrie, in our division 1 season, scored loads of goals but conceded loads too. Both McCann and KRH are very right footed but I think McCann is better on the left than KRH is but we don`t seem to have a natural left footed front man.

Post Edited (Mon 02 Sep 13:26)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
ยฉ 2021-- DAFC.net