DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Suicide awareness video
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 17:42

Fantastic to see mention of the efforts at the Pars as part of raising awareness. It`s suicide prevention day tomorrow so well worth a watch: Click here

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Suicide awareness video
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 18:08

What a brilliant project.

Well done to all involved.

I listened to a podcast today from a brain surgeon. One of his first cases was to save an 8 year old girl who had a horse riding accident when he was about 3 years post qualification. He said that even if that was the only thing he did, his years and years of training would be worth it. I think the people involved in this scheme are having a similar impact. Hats off 👏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 20:31

Great initiative!👍❤️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 20:54

Thanks for sharing this, Jake. The football club has been involved in the Fife project for a few years now. I sit in the NHS Fife Suicide Prevention Communications Delivery Group as the representative of the football club.
Enormous credit has to go to DAFC for the mental health projects and initiatives that are ongoing.
There is a podcast that I have been involved in. This has been released and was hosted by the football club. This is part of Suicide Prevention Week and Day, which is tomorrow.

Organisations offering emotional support

Breathing Space ☎️ 0800 83 85 87
Samaritans ☎️ 116 123
NHS24 Mental Health Hub ☎️ 111
Childline ☎️ 0800 11 11

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 21:01)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net