DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 2 week comparison
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 09:15

Whilst I think we are far from the finished article and there is still plenty to improve on, I think we have seen some marked improvements in the last 2 weeks. Long may it continue.

The players look way more comfortable with a straight back 4

The tempo of our play with the ball has increased mostly and we are not afraid to go long if that is what is on. Nothing wrong with that.

We are less boring and predictable, 2 of our last 3 goals have been from trying something different, Chris Hamilton making a late run into the box v Ayr and Otoo getting the break of the ball off this for his chance to shoot and the different corner on Friday with Otoo again getting a shot away.

When was the last time we saw the Pars do something different at a corner and it pay off?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 2 week comparison
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 10:06

The corner for otoo looked like something that was worked on. If not then it is fabulous play from witherspoon, similar to jakubiak v utd for KRH 2nd. The quick ball back in the direction it came from doesn`t allow the opposition to settle.

In my experience, when the ball does the work, it has the best results.

The longer balls from the back are defo making a difference, especially with otoo and Hamilton getting stuck in for 2nd balls we win more battles that we lose.

Playing out the back with Mehmet requires invention and movement up front and when it doesn`t come off, we are on the back foot.

It has to be noted that the new keeper can hit the opposition box with a GK and because you can`t be offside from a GK it forces the back line further back so the whole team is further up the pitch to begin with.

All in all, I never expected changing the keeper to be beneficial going forward but its a massive positive.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net