DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tappies closed
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 19:40

Just read it shut on Friday. Sad times for pubs to see a place like Tappies go. Proper Pars pub too. Hope someone else can take it on but the pub trade seems to be really struggling.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tappies closed
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 19:45

Quote:

jake89, Mon 16 Sep 19:40

Just read it shut on Friday. Sad times for pubs to see a place like Tappies go. Proper Pars pub too. Hope someone else can take it on but the pub trade seems to be really struggling.

It closed because they tried to make it something it never really was I suppose it was ok if all you’ll drink is spirits tennents or venoms as that’s all it sold and only being open on a Friday and Saturday with the odd Thursday thrush In never helped either

It’s still owned by the adamsons so I’m sure someone will take it over
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 19:50

Was up town on Saturday night and it really is poor now. A few pubs still open and the odd place like Life, Brasshouse and PJs but thats it. Sad times.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 20:07

The Press also reporting that Kushis plan to open a fairly big restaurant on Bruce Street (the bookies and the carpet shop units). The old one is going to be much smaller as most of the building is becoming flats. There seems to be no word about Lourenzos. It`s been sitting empty and untouched since the fire.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 20:09

If pubs are closing in the town then cant see Lourenzos ever opening up again. The youth of today are very different from 10-15 years ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 20:13

Quote:

jake89, Mon 16 Sept 20:07

The Press also reporting that Kushis plan to open a fairly big restaurant on Bruce Street (the bookies and the carpet shop units). The old one is going to be much smaller as most of the building is becoming flats. There seems to be no word about Lourenzos. It`s been sitting empty and untouched since the fire.

Jeez, that will no doubt put the insurance premiums of the surrounding buildings up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 20:27

Kids these days don`t know they`re born. Smoke bits of plastic instead of fags, drink protein shakes instead of pints, go to the gym instead of the pub, have nights out at a restaurant instead of a club, find a partner on an app instead of the dancefloor. Must be utterly miserable. I had to explain to my eldest what "physical media" was. He didn`t even understand what an MP3 was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 20:34

The only vibrations in Canmore Street these days are the ones from the generator in the basement of the flats.

I cannae hang any pictures on my walls because of it!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 20:35

Quote:

jake89, Mon 16 Sept 20:27

Kids these days don`t know they`re born. Smoke bits of plastic instead of fags, drink protein shakes instead of pints, go to the gym instead of the pub, have nights out at a restaurant instead of a club, find a partner on an app instead of the dancefloor. Must be utterly miserable. I had to explain to my eldest what "physical media" was. He didn`t even understand what an MP3 was.

Imagine going gym instead of pub eh, couldnt be me 🤣😐

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 21:18

Youth is wasted on the young, Shelly 😉

Why is there a generator in the basement, Buffy? Are you sure there`s not a wacky backy factory down there?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 22:44

I took my 22yr step son out for “a quiet pint”. Ended up in Lourenzos 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think it was just before the 1st lockdown 🤔
Showed him how to get in for free and everything… anyway… i was so disappointed in the young! Standing taking pictures on the dance floor. No dancing. All very tame.

I dunno, I’ve no really been out much in the last 10 years but certainly 15 years and the town on a Saturday night felt like it was bouncing compared to these days

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 22:52

Quote:

jake89, Mon 16 Sep 21:18

Youth is wasted on the young, Shelly 😉

Why is there a generator in the basement, Buffy? Are you sure there`s not a wacky backy factory down there?

I’m led to believe - by the neeburs - that the whole basement area from Kushis [to the end of the block adjacent to the car park at Canmore House] is owned by PJs. It’s where the pipes and barrels etc are for the bar areas.

The generator is on the go 24/7 and it’s a loud hum on the busier nights like Friday and Saturday. I’m up on the top floor but I feel genuinely sorry for the ground floor neighbours, but they’re probably used to it now.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 23:46

It`s maybe more a pump than a generator. There are plans to convert the office above it into a flat. Good luck to whoever buys/rents it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 01:01

Quote:

NMCmassive, Mon 16 Sept 22:44

I took my 22yr step son out for “a quiet pint”. Ended up in Lourenzos 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think it was just before the 1st lockdown 🤔
Showed him how to get in for free and everything… anyway… i was so disappointed in the young! Standing taking pictures on the dance floor. No dancing. All very tame.

I dunno, I’ve no really been out much in the last 10 years but certainly 15 years and the town on a Saturday night felt like it was bouncing compared to these days

No dancing. You`re having a laugh. What we were doing the past 50 years can barely be called dancing. Slight movement of feet with the occasional twitch of an arm. Or just bouncing up and down.
I used to love watching my mum dance with her cousin at weddings. Jitterbugging and all that big band dancing.
Real dancing and no fast food. Nae wonder they were all skinny.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 07:51

I wonder where all the fandans will go now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 10:17

Never been the same since the Kinema Ballroom shut!🤔🎸🎶🎸🎶
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 12:11

Or Chevys.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 13:34

Quote:

OorWullie, Tue 17 Sep 07:51

I wonder where all the fandans will go now?

Coadys from what I’ve heard
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 20:27

Coadys was the pub back in the day for Pars fans, I remember they even had strippers before the game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Wed 18 Sep 09:03

Back in the 1970s, the Belleville was the place for that type of entertainment. So I believe…
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net